T3 Potency Mod Challenge

I have:

7*/80/g10/ Full Omega EP
7*/80/g10/ Ability 7 RG
6*/70/g7/ Ability 6 Vader
7*/65/g7/ Ability 5 Magma
5*/55/g7/ Ability 5 Veers

If I slap T5 health mods or better on everyone, can I 3 star this? I'm most concerned about keeping Veers alive vs AOE.

Thanks!

Replies

• scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    If you keep trying rng will favor you and should be able to finish
  • Options
    Load veers up with protection mods and you should be able to, I had a similar squad, just with tarkin instead of veers, and I 3* it on my first try.
  • Options
    I did it with a worse team before EP was added. You should be fine. Good luck.
  • Options
    You should beat it easily.

I had a maxed Palp and RG, 6* g8 Vader, 5* g8 Tarkin, and 5* g7 Magmatrooper.

Palp wrecks everybody. Your only issue will be keeping Veers alive.
  • Options
    Tarkin is better than Veers if only for the Offense Down effect - enemy EP hits like a Star Destroyer. I can only 1* this right now (was SOOOO close this AM to 2* but then he buffed, stunned and wiped me out...no stars today).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    I honestly can't remember how I did it but I know EP and RG were key. I didn't use Veers, though. I dropped him for Snowtrooper.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys. Got it on the first try! I loaded up Veers and Magma with my best health/protection mods. And put by best potency secondaries on EP and RG. They did a good job of keeping PVE EP stunned. Veers and Magma hit yellow, but once RG taunt triggered, the computer had no chance of killing my RG.
  • Options
    I'm farming neither Veers nor Tarkin and don't have either unlocked, but I don't want to invest heavily in Magma/Stormtrooper either (I do plan on levelling and gearing both of them, but only strictly as vanity projects, which don't have priority at the moment). With Palps, Vader, Snowtrooper and the big red guy, which of the two troopers should I field? Both are currently G7 L55 4*. Last I checked, Magma at least has better survivability.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    I did it with exactly your setup and lvl gear. Without mods it took me 3 tries so yes it is possible and you need a bit of luck. Also abuse shock to make EP super fast :)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Just cleared T3 with a far worse team. You'd have no problem. Your RG will protect Veers. Mine was lvl 65 6* gear 8.

You can keep the enemy Palpatine in last boss battle perma-stunned by RG. His RGs don't taunt , perhaps, because my Palp has shocked them all.
  • Options
    @TemperTantrumRen If you just need a filler, Magma is a much easier farm from GW. If you finish GW every day, you should be able to get shards to 7* in about 3 weeks from zero. When I wrote the above, I was planning on 7 starring my Magma, but I actually finished it with a 6*, so a mere two week investment should take care of that slot.
  • Options
    @TemperTantrumRen If you just need a filler, Magma is a much easier farm from GW. If you finish GW every day, you should be able to get shards to 7* in about 3 weeks from zero. When I wrote the above, I was planning on 7 starring my Magma, but I actually finished it with a 6*, so a mere two week investment should take care of that slot.

True, but Magmatrooper is pretty underwhelming. If it were me, I would rather take the extra time to have a more useful toon. I have a 5* magma that I didn't know was going to be pretty terrible until he got to 5*. I think just about any empire character is better.
  • Options
    I did it with a worse team before EP was added. You should be fine. Good luck.

This. EP makes the event a cake walk.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Meeraval and sying, thanks for offering your perspectives. At this stage, I pretty much am just looking for a stand-in, so I guess magma trooper it is. I might have a better head start on bringing him to 5* anyway, but I'll keep my expectations very low. I've nearly finished farming three GW shipment toons, whereas cantina is reserved for finishing Fives and then working on Jawa Scavenger, leaving Stormtrooper low on the list.

I would go for Tarkin, but my arena shards currently go towards Nebit. I do need myself some decent potency mods and I'm prepared to go in with what I've got and what's easily attainable in a shorter time frame.

Ultimately, EP, Vader and big red guy will be the ones holding the battle.

Thanks again.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    I guess I don't view Stormtrooper as any more desireable or as a significant upgrade to Magma. The only good ones are EP and RG. Even Vader is borderline for Arena purposes. If there were another character that is clearly better than Magma, I would agree that you should be patient and farm that other character, but no such character exists IMO. That would seem to be confirmed by the fact that you are farming those other, more useful characters first.

You basically have to build 2 characters you don't want to get the mods you do want. If that's the case, I think it's perfectly reasonable to build the garbage character that is easiest to farm.

Also, if you are farming scavenger, I was able to 3 star crit damage challenge with a 5* scav. He is also otherwise useless IMO, so I'd advise that you stop there.
  • Options
    I just completed t3 today with Palp lead maxed, Vader 6* with low t5 health mods, RG maxed, 70 Magma 6*with low t5 health mods and Snowtrooper 6* level 64 low t5 health mods. It took longer than expected because of no DPS, but I didn't come close to losing anyone.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Am I reading things wrong to think that Veers and Snowtrooper could be good to help manipulate turn meter when enemy toons go down?
  • Trevout
    35 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Magmatrooper actually gets decent potency with EP lead and can actually get TM reduction with his special