Ackbar (L), Lando, Leia, STH, & Palp (Let's Discuss)

Hello All,

So, I'm thinking about moving away from my Palp lead arena team. It's was fun at first, and still holds top 20 well. But, I'm just getting bored with it.

So, in its place, I was thinking this team might be fun:

Ackbar (L), Lando, Leia, STH, & Palp

The goal would be:
-STH goes first, taunts/grants TM. Ally assists due to lead ability
- Palp AOE stuns.
- Ackbar uses special, ally assists due to lead ability.
- Lando AOE's.
- Lando AOE's again, due to Akbar's special.
- Leia cloaks, ally assists due to lead ability.

What do you guys think? Anybody run this at the moment? As long as STH is fast enough to go before anything that's not an opposing JE, I am thinking this could be sweet.

Replies

• Options
    Ackbar and Leia can mess with your tm order due to both having tm gains in their basic.

Also, the Biggs half of Wiggs has a 2 speed base advantage over st Han under Ackbar, so know that you'll need the better mods if you plan on outspeeding the enemy team.

Similarly, sun Fac can ruin the aoe issue if you plan on pushing turn two with st Han tm gains.

Not trying to deter you, been theorycrafting similar teams so I'm unfortunately aware of the potential downfalls.
  • Ole_Man_Bourbon
    343 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Its not bad, but leia may get crushed by aoes. Sometimes i run that squad but with jka in leias place, especially vs b2.

You can also run 88 in place of leia.
  • Options
    I wouldn't count on a specific turn of action always working out for you... There are a lot of variables that can throw it off.

Regardless that should be a pretty solid team (although I might consider Anakin instead of palp)
  • Options
    I would drop leia in that team and replace with OG Han
  • Options
    Its not bad, but leia may get crushed by aoes. Sometimes i run that squad but with jka in leias place, especially vs b2.

Curious why you would run 88?
  • Options
    Revenant wrote: »

Curious why you would run 88?

After ep stun his aoe would do roughly 10k

I was also toying with

Lando L
    ST Han
    Ep
    OG han
  • Options
    88 also ability blocks, so if you go first, the other team will have to poke sth for a while.
  • Saritoss
    103 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Check my signature.

Running myself AA,Lando,HRScout,STHan,EP. Sometimes switch HRScout with RG
    Main problem with that squad is TM. You get shitloads of it but you Cant control it.
    +Leia got stealth nerfed with armor buff and dies easily against AOE.

Ppl say there is no room in the new meta for ackbar. But tbh Tactical Genius with Omega is the best utility in this game. Sometimes i use it on Lando first, sometimes EP.
    Tactical Genius - EP AoE stun - Basic shock on enemy tank. Game over
  • Options
    Saritoss wrote: »
    Check my signature.

Running myself AA,Lando,HRScout,STHan,EP. Sometimes switch HRScout with RG
    Main problem with that squad is TM. You get shitloads of it but you Cant control it.
    +Leia got stealth nerfed with armor buff and dies easily against AOE.

Ppl say there is no room in the new meta for ackbar. But tbh Tactical Genius with Omega is the best utility in this game. Sometimes i use it on Lando first, sometimes EP.
    Tactical Genius - EP AoE stun - Basic shock on enemy tank. Game over

I just put this team into area, but with OG Han instead of hrs.

Opening is

OG Han stun, ST Han taunt, (lando/aa/OG Han attack) ep stun, OG Han special attack, aa TG, (lando/ST Han/aa attack), lando aoe, lando aoe. All that happens at speed mark 220-215 with OG Han almost full tm to do evasion up and crit chance up which procs another attacks.
  • Options
    Rex lead will ruin you. If you don't have to worry about Rex then it would do well.
  • Options
    I've tested poe ackbar lead lando and some others. Made acbar really fast, to go after poe, and then lando with 216% crit damage. Acbars uses genius and then lando AOEs twice. But without a buff from lando or wedge leader skills his second AOE is like 10-12k, so it is bad. Maybe it will work with Lando leader if put better speed secondaries mods
  • Options
    Let's put it this way. It's a great synergy, but there are a few problems. I have played with these setups wth mods a lot.
    First off STH grants 30% TM. Everybody on your team has 100% TM, and it is now a coin flip on who goes next.
    If enemy has a STH, his passive can mess with your TM as well.
    Poe can be replaced for STH. He reduces enemy TM by 25% but can be resisted. This allows for you to properly set up attacks with speed.
    But this also messes up turn order because of AA and STH basic.
    I have found it easier to only use 2 rebels if you want to run this setup with AA.