Luke Skywalker

Though I have heard he was a subpar character, I have been using him on my rebel team and he has been destroying with his massive damage and stuns. Am I missing something here?

Replies

• Options
    We have 3 types of heroes:

- The powerful.
    - The useful.
    - The useless.

The tendency of the players is to focus on powerful heroes, because the return of the arena will certainly be better. However, this does not make all the other heroes useless. The issue is that some heroes just do your job best than others.

For example, many heroes have the tag "attacker", but not all hit hard as Rey and JKA.
  • Options
    If he has potency or crit chance (not sure which is better) then i hear he is good but idk maybe some people just prefer to run other characters. i know some people who prefer hoth rebel scout of him. not sure why but they do.

I for one will use Darth Maul the minute he is available to me just because he's my favorite.
  • Options
    Yea, alot of people just go for the meta characters and wont experiment with others.. I believe there are atleast a few hidden gems..

But i tend to play and farm useful characters, yet only toons i really like. Besides Teebo.. Lol..
  • Options
    i have a fully maxxed and modded Luke that i use in many aspects of the game. I can easily achieve 1 at payout with him in my team, though i do get pushed as far back as 30 sometimes, in general i stay top 20. His stun is very reliable with high crit chance secondaries equipped. His tm gain on his basic with crit is extremely useful and reallly shines when omega'd. He is a part of my T7 raid squad as well, where he helps me solo p1. His speed down and defense down sticks well on the pig captain and is crucial to me being in control. Im happy to answer any questions about him, im a big advocate!
  • Options
    @younglukesky do you also have HRSc? I have him maxed out but not Luke. I feel like I may have made a wrong turn. Luke has a 100% stun with potency and crit. That with his speed and defense down AND damage over time seems very appealing. Maybe the 2 are a new bromance of TM gaining stunning fun?
  • Options
    @FB0001 whats up man. Yeah i have HRSc and he is also great! i dont have a full mod set on scout yet because he is still a couple gear pieces from maxed but from what i can see he is also very useful. As for raids i think Luke is a much better option but in general, Scout is a better utility character.

Though as you said, the bromance is pretty nice! not wiggs nice... but nice.

The two work well together due to being fast off the start and getting those initial stuns (Scout stun is pretty reliable when omega'd) and then stacking the TM gains before the enemy can recover
  • Options
    @younglukesky I used to think Luke would be great under a Leia lead with scout, Biggs, and STHan. The only thing missing is a dispell and an AOE. Since Leia will boost the crit chance so much you can add crit damage mods. That or put Lando in lead and replace biggs with Leia. YLS how are the mods on your Luke?
  • RedXVIISpence
    249 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    FB0001 wrote: »
    @younglukesky I used to think Luke would be great under a Leia lead with scout, Biggs, and STHan. The only thing missing is a dispell and an AOE. Since Leia will boost the crit chance so much you can add crit damage mods. That or put Lando in lead and replace biggs with Leia. YLS how are the mods on your Luke?
    Yes i think lando would have to be on the team.. Atleast replacing Biggs.. But Lando is best as leader for the speed boost.. Seems like AA could be good too
  • Options
    My luke is modded for speed potency and crit chance. speed arrow potency cross crit chance triangle with focus of crit chance speed and potency secondaries. His damage and health/protect are good enough as is imo. Think about trying to use boba lead in the future, would be fun
  • Options
    I was just talking about a Boba lead with a coworker yesterday for Hrsc. Luke very well be my next guild farm. Only going from 5 to 7.
  • Options
    Oh no Luke is good, but with the loading screen and most advertising most people expected Jedi Luke and more importantly with the main character of the orginal trilogy and all the power he has in the EU people expected more than just "good"