Tiered Events

Boo
4134 posts Member
edited September 2016
I have to say I am F2P. I didn't have enough rebels levelled to get EP in his event (would have made this event way easier). But that's the way it goes. I know the event will be back and what toons to farm and upgrade - it's part of the game. I had miss out on this Ewok event the last 2 times it ran - I finally beat it this time.

I couldn't beat the military might event against the empire - but I'm heavy working on rebels and will get EP and complete the military might event next time around.

Having said that, this game should be fun for all level of players - no matter what the level they are at.

Would it be so hard to have the Events tiered in such a way that tier one is way easy - get modest gear a character shard or 2 and $250k or something like that. At least then everyone can enjoy the event and no one feels left out or wasted.

Yes P2P players can whale these events, yes the F2P long-standing players can do these events, but its hard work farming and levelling and not being able to participate in these events at all is a big turn off to those new to the game. If EA wants to grow its game community and suck more players into the game (possibly may end up being P2P players once they get started) it would be a good idea if all who play can at least participate and enjoy some small rewards.

That's my 2 cents.

Tiered Events 7 votes

Yes - I think events should be tiered with modes rewards so everyone can enjoy
100%
Casual_PlayerGrampaSimpsonBooForarFoxFeatherAdam1983Supercat 7 votes
No - events are for whales and new commers to the game can sit in the corner
0%

Replies

• War
    932 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    They've added tiers to a lot of the events, the only ones you could say are only for endgame are the assault events. Starting with Yoda we have 7 tiers, sure you only get Yoda after tier 5, but the rewards up until then are pretty great. EP is the same way, 7 tiers with rewards the whole way, and is also obtainable with just 5* characters.

The scoundrel events came out in a way that was primarily for whales unless you were actually leveling and gearing scoundrels for your team, which I doubt a lot of people were doing. But they've added multiple tiers to it now and as long as you have five modestly geared scoundrels you should be able to beat at least the first tier.

Assault battles are your endgame events, they only have two tiers, level 78 and level 80. But those two events are not that great, the achievements tied to them are good, 10 Vader shards. The rewards besides those shards are really lousy, you have the potential to get rare gear, but your more likely to get gear you can easily farm or worse something you get from challenges.

Events are typically designed for endgame because they want to keep those players playing the game, and not get bored once your capped. But they've done a modest job having low tiers that new players should be able to beat and get a taste of the rewards.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with the other events you have mentioned and there are no issues I can see with that.

But, these assault events - if designed for end game players, should possibly look to having higher rewards to keep them interested - once Vader shards are exhausted and 7* Vader is the norm - perhaps an exclusive new toon??? or better gear (like raid gear) and credit/training droid rewards.

I stick by my thoughts that there really should be lower tiers for those "end game" assault events with poor or modest rewards for the lower class of players.

When you are new to this game, farming shards, gear etc and upgrading is very difficult. When an event comes out, those players would like to still put their low level toons to the test and see what the future holds.

Additionally, not being able to even participate in these events, I feel, is very discriminating against those new players. I'm sure they must feel like Cinderella while her ugly sisters attend the Royal Ball.

It does not seem fair to me - particularly as they are the next generation of players for this game and EA should be looking at doing whatever they can to keep them interested and invested in the game - not just the P2P or long-term F2P whales who have access to anything and everything.
  • Options
    Assault Battles are fundamentally meant to be "end game" type content. High challenge bar, special boss fights. There isn't going to be lower level tiers of them. The idea is that not every event is for everyone. I'm working to put a lot more events into the game, each targeting some subset of the player population so everyone feels like there is something they can do. it just takes a lot of time and work to get to that point. Most users are at or near cap, so that is why Assault Battles came before low level events.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    Lower tiers on events or it's pointless even making them available to access for those that can't do it, I'm already getting bored of being stuck doing the same thing all the time, f@#king candy crush is less repetitive!!
  • Options
    That's the best option 2 title you can come up with? That's no better that the basket of deplorables comment...

Do you realize that there are a lot of people who identify as F2P and posted that they beat tier 2 of the Ewok Event? Like I told someone else in the Ewok thread, you don't just play in the NFL or MLB because you want to. It's progressive play.

Sure, there isn't much you can do with events. I couldn't either when I started and neither did most of the people still playing this game since release.

My suggestion, stop looking for handouts and entitlements. Build your squads.
    I am the Reaper
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Assault Battles are fundamentally meant to be "end game" type content. High challenge bar, special boss fights. There isn't going to be lower level tiers of them. The idea is that not every event is for everyone. I'm working to put a lot more events into the game, each targeting some subset of the player population so everyone feels like there is something they can do. it just takes a lot of time and work to get to that point. Most users are at or near cap, so that is why Assault Battles came before low level events.

Thanks for your comment @CG_CapGaSP I can imagine you all on the development team are very busy.

Would it be safe to say that all players (even the whales) can access the events geared for "lower" players? Like the Yoda event, once completed it can never be played again. Or, will all have access to these lower events?

I love the events in this game, they really stand out from everything else, which has become the daily norm/grind - including GW. They offer some fresh air to the week, so I am glad there will be more on the way.

However, I still do believe that these events should be tiered to some extent for all to enjoy. I understand they are to cater to the high players and certainly the final tiers of those events can be geared towards "end of game" players.

Sorry just my opinion on that.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    That's the best option 2 title you can come up with? That's no better that the basket of deplorables comment...

Do you realize that there are a lot of people who identify as F2P and posted that they beat tier 2 of the Ewok Event? Like I told someone else in the Ewok thread, you don't just play in the NFL or MLB because you want to. It's progressive play.

Sure, there isn't much you can do with events. I couldn't either when I started and neither did most of the people still playing this game since release.

My suggestion, stop looking for handouts and entitlements. Build your squads.

No one is asking for any handouts, just that everyone who can access an event can actually participate.

As stated nominal rewards for the "lower class" of players. The whales who have all reached game cap etc. can still enjoy the difficulty of the higher tiers as well as the rewards that go with them.

Besides, as @CG_CapGaSP has mentioned, it does not look like EA want to explore this topic. However the events he has mentioned that are yet to come will be geared towards those "lower" players.

People at our level (and may I say I am F2P and also beat the Ewok event), may not get to play these upcoming events (possibly a requirement that players are under lvl 70 or lvl 50 etc. to participate). Now what if these events are really cool events - and you can't even play them?

What I am talking about is a level playing field of all events for all players to enjoy at whatever level they are - no one left out.
  • Options
    @Boo

There is currently no intention to restrict assess to the lower level events we're planning to introduce. But keep in mind, each event targets some subset of the player population. Assault Battles target near-max level players and those seeking a challenge. Some other ones like Yoda or Palpatine are meant for everyone, but designed to be high investment and aspirational. Still others like Droids Fight Back or Omega Battles target other segments of players with different motivations. It is entirely possible you might see an event you have absolutely zero interest in, and that is okay. It may not be "for" you. But there will be others that are (eventually). That's the end goal. It just takes awhile to get there.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    @Boo

There is currently no intention to restrict assess to the lower level events we're planning to introduce. But keep in mind, each event targets some subset of the player population. Assault Battles target near-max level players and those seeking a challenge. Some other ones like Yoda or Palpatine are meant for everyone, but designed to be high investment and aspirational. Still others like Droids Fight Back or Omega Battles target other segments of players with different motivations. It is entirely possible you might see an event you have absolutely zero interest in, and that is okay. It may not be "for" you. But there will be others that are (eventually). That's the end goal. It just takes awhile to get there.

Thanks for your responses and clarification @CG_CapGaSP I know you are all very busy and there has been a lack of communication from EA, Devs andf CG on the forums so any response, to me, is very well appreciated and respected - even though I think my idea of tiered events is better ; )
  • Options
    @Boo

Really? Nerfed yoda as reward for everyone? Not counting that faction didn't got any faction event(assault/heist)...so far
    the cake is a lie