Expose should let players ignore taunt. Also should have a "Flanked" skill (red anti-taunt icon)

Brazilian_Joe
367 posts Member
edited September 2016
Expose makes characters vulnerable and take extra damage.
IMO a secondary effect should be:
Even if there are one or more taunts in the enemy team, exposed characters can still be targeted.

That would give good value to expose.

Also, there should be a "Flanked" skill, opposite to taunt - using a red taunt icon. Flanked characters can be targeted even if there are taunters.
Flanked characters can still be called to assist but can't actually do it, causing the assist to fail.
A flanked character calling an assist will have no one answering to his call (also fails).

Also, flanked characters temporarily lose benefits of passive unique and leader skills.
If a character owns a group-affecting passive and is flanked, the team still receives the bonuses.
If a character with a taunt suffers a "Flanked" debuff, the taunt is dispelled. If a "Flanked" character taunts, the "Flanked" is dispelled.
Post edited by Brazilian_Joe on

Replies

• Options
    Agree about expose.

Not sure about flanked though...
  • Options
    Anything that nullifies a taunt is good IMO
  • Options
    I always thought it was a little odd that stealthed heroes could be exposed and stealthed at the same time. Either stealth trumps expose and nullifies it (resisted), or expose should trump stealth and allow that hero to be attacked. At the moment, if you base a team around expose, you'd better have some AoE heroes to take advantage of it.
    Flanked sounds interesting, but maybe that's just an additional side effect of expose.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Brazilian_Joe
    367 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I think that expose is a bit of a rare ability as of now. Maybe it should dispel stealth and taunt when applied, and also block those two effects from landing, like a limited ability block.

FLanked as I designed is a bit of a different beast, and blocking uniques and leader skills is a very powerful effect against some characters if you take a close look. Not so much against others.
    Given that there is also an assist meta, Flanked also makes assists fail.

If Exposed needs a little bit of extra love to be a more desirable ability, I think dispelling and blocking stealth and taunt gives it the right amount of extra utility.

• Options
    FLANKED:

On blocking Unique and Leader skills.

Examples:

Lando Leader:

Lando Flanked:
    - No more leader bonus on self
    - No more high roller bonus

Count DOoku: no more Flawless Riposte

Ackbar Leader:

If a Flanked character uses an ability, it does not call a rebel to assist. If the flanked rebel is called to assist, he can't assist; the assist silently fails, does not call someone else.
  • Options
    Change name of proposed debuff from Flanked to Targeted (like for assassination).

Also have positive buff called Bodyguard, where you have a chance to either take the damage for another toon, or Counter Attack if the other toon is shot.
  • Options
    Mechanics are way over complicated for the game as it stands it would require extensive reworking how the abilities activated. Plus between the two of you you basically just circumvented tanks (which we do not need as they're falling in effectiveness) and then reinstituted the idea under a different name with slightly different abilities. Eg, bodyguard is basically RG. I'm all for thought gents I don't mean to stomp on your ideas but it's a wee bit silly that you just tossed out the old system and then put it back in with different more complicated mechanics. :)
  • Options
    I don't know if I like expose circumventing a tank. However, I do think that changing the expose up a bit could provide a nice buff to Resistance toons not named Rey. Perhaps expose could do something like also bringing the toons tenacity down for the next hit as well, thus allowing negative status effects to land at a higher rate. I mean, the toons "guard is down" here, right?

Flanked sounds interesting, though not sure the described method is sound. Getting around the tank AND resisting an assist call seems a bit much. Plus, how does a character become "flanked" when all your toons are lined up across each other? :)
  • Brazilian_Joe
    367 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Given that Leia crouchs in place and is suddenly stealthed, and Teebo raises his sticks in a bravado and is stealthed, I don't think attacking in place causing a flanking is an issue. :smile:

THe character does not get to resist an assist. the flanked character gets disadvantaged and cannot cooperate with assists, which is different. Say the enemy team has leia, rey and biggs; leia is flanked, biggs can still call rey. It's up to RNG who will be called. If Leia is called the assist fails, but if Rey is called the assist goes as normal.
  • Options
    Agree about expose.

Not sure about flanked though...

I agree. I like the expose idea - in fact, I like it better than the way expose actually works.

Not a big fan of the flanked concept however. There is already an Ability Block debuff - flanked just seems a variation (and on overly complicated one at that). Taunt is becoming less and less useful - coming up with multiple ways to make it even weaker isn't a great idea, imho.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*