Do you always use Anakin's AOE first?

Let's say I'm facing a Wiggs team where my Han taunts first and my Anakin goes next. If my Anakin has a decent crit chance would it be better to use my basic on Biggs and hope it crits?
Wiggs assist almost always brings my Han under 50% health and this would let Anakin do a beefed up AOE.
https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
Make Zader Great Again!

Replies

• Nightwolve
    582 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If Anakin has got not enough crit chance, he won't suceed often enough by giving Buffs to the team and Debuffs against his opponents.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If I can go before Han or another character with killer buffs, I'll go for the block with Anakin. If I block Han's taunt, I'm good to go. Otherwise, nuke.
  • Options
    Keep the AI in mind....
  • Options
    I have found that just using AOE's is better than trying to go for ability blocks/debuffs with characters like Anakin/EP, etc. I just have a better chance of winning if I play without thinking about it and use AOEs when they are off cooldown. That kinda says something about the current state of the game...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I don't go for the block on Han cause at that point I've done enough damage that his tm boost won't help the enemy. I was mainly talking about getting Biggs' unique to trigger and hopefully get a super AOE out of Anakin
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Depending on the opponent's team, I usually wait for one of my chars (RG or Han basically) to get under 50% so you can inflict as much damage as possible with the Aoe rather than using it turn 1 and inflict 9000 dmg average + a chance of getting exposed and the AI automatically focusing your Ani
    In-game ID : Loul
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    I don't go for the block on Han cause at that point I've done enough damage that his tm boost won't help the enemy. I was mainly talking about getting Biggs' unique to trigger and hopefully get a super AOE out of Anakin

sounds like a plan. Better to have more damage on an AoE than on a basic. Not sure if you are asking a question, or making us aware of this tactic ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Nightwolve wrote: »
    Keep the AI in mind....

With your team, don't worry - the AI plays just fine. ;)

I actually have to hope someone else knocks you out of first before my payout, because I haven't beaten your team yet. Apparently others can, but none of the team compe I have thrown at it even come close. Good work.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    If you have Phasma in team and she is slower than Anakin, might be a good idea to hold off on aoe and 'spread the damage' a bit with your autos, kind of like the AI does. I mean attacking random toons, chipping them off a bit. Then Phasma does advantage and Anakin is the janitor, because he can clean up reaal good! But tbh in most games, i do aoe and not even think about it.
  • Options
    Only use his aoe after opponent's dodge do I. Without advantage exposed Anakin become.
  • Options
    It depends on the team I face. If I'm able to block st Han, sun fav or any other taunter or maybe a rebuffed like old Ben or something. I do that. Otherwise I go aoe.
    Rrraarrwhhgwwr - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)
  • Options
    Yes because I want my guys to have offense up.
  • Options
    I modded Anakin with 212 of speed and Rex 211, so Anakin go first with aoe and then Rex clean if I get expose (this work even on defense, is the only way for have Rex using his special first) !