Suggestion for rancor raid

One issue that most guilds that are raiding t7 Rancor are running into is the raid completing too fast for some members to attack.

It is just too weak for top tier teams.

Some guilds are come up with a few ways to try and make this work. Limiting damage, overloading a phase so damage doesn't count to overall total. Etc. these methods are prone to only sorta work.

One suggestion I have to deal with this is allow phase 4 to last a minimum of 12 hours. That way we can go all out on this phase not worrying about damage done. The raid would end either when the rancor dies or when 12 hours expires. Whichever happens last.

Replies

• Options
    I definitely agree that the problem with RAIDS right now is boss dying too fast.

This problem exist currently before T7 heroics becoming too easily and should have been fixed along time ago starting at T1.

When the raid system first came out and every guild was starting out. We all had to build up coins for the guild and the guild leader unknowingly clicks on T1 raid and kills it in 5 minutes while the entire guild didn't get a chance to tap the boss for any loot. A lot of members were very upset and **** that we wasted the coins and not get any loot.

This problem has ALWAYS been there.

Now it is becoming more and more apparent as players have built Turn Meter Removal teams that can solo Phase1 and the rest of the raid where the boss dies within 30minutes. And other players who didn't tap got no loot.

The Rancor Raid reward system needs some adjustment. I think all players who contributed coins the week prior to the Raiding starting should all automatically be tagged on the scoreboard for the lowest possible loot. Regardless if they attacked the boss or not. This is the only fair way to ensure that you at least get loot.

The best guild rule I've heard so far is the 0 points for the first 24hrs rule. Where everybody attacked the side guards not the main pig in the middle with a throw away character. The scoreboard then gets filled with 0 scores to ensure everybody tapped. Any players who has more than 0 are booted from guild for not following rule. And then when the timer reaches 24hrs everybody can attack as much as they want.

Of course this rule should just be something the developers implement by giving everybody a score of 0 and skip the whole 24hrs wait.

BUT this is just a Band-Aid to a major design flaw in the raid reward system honestly. Developers need to step up their game and come up with a better raid reward system that is fair. Maybe everybody gets their own individual raid instance and then the total points are then tallied at the end.

• Options
    Both good ideas, I think. I think my guilds raid started and ended today in less than 30 minutes, and with notifications that only some time work any sorta way to participate, help and earn a reward would be great. So the slow or unavailable don't spend all week donating credits to run events they never get to join in on. :/
  • Options
    If the new raid is going to be delayed substantially, they should have a Tier 8 Rancor with a TMR reduction.