Looked into credit returns and would like to know opinions on best use for crystals.

Flipvan
27 posts Member
edited September 2016
Out of curiosity I ended up adding the credit return rates based on the possible reward tabs for energy based battles. It actually surprised me to see the discrepancies between cantina and Light/Dark side battles. the per crystal return rate for credits seems to be more than double for cantina energy than it is for regular energy. I guess it makes some sense in that farming shards and or mods do require spending more credits than for gear/slower shard drops...

Anyway, purely looking at this through a credit earning perspective, cantina energy refreshes seem a much more profitable way of spending crystals. I have yet to unlock level 7 cantina battles as I'm only level 76, but still see a big difference between cantina energy reward rates compared to regular energy. I looked at how many credits I would earn spending 120 energy for level 1 battles in contrast to level 8 battles based on the possible rewards tab. I didn't check how accurate this tab is and am even unsure if we're always awarded credits as rewards, I suppose I never paid close attention to my rewards apart from what shard or gear I received. The information bellow is based on the assumption we always get rewarded with credits for every battle, but even if we don't, the discrepancy between credit rates should still be virtually the same. Here is what I found:

Normal Battles: 3800 – 11520 Credits per 50 Crystal Refresh Avg: 153.2 credits per crystal
Hard Battles: 3300 – 9360 Credits per 50 Crystal Refresh Avg: 126.6 credits per crystal
Cantina Battles: 15000 – 50000 Credits per 100 Crystals Avg: 325.0 credits per crystal
Mod Battles: 36000 Credits per 100 Crystals Avg: 360.0 credits per crystal
Mod Challenges: 38400 – 56250 Credits per 100 Crystals Avg: 473.25credits per crystal

Questions:
Does the Credit Mega pack really give between 560k-1.68m credits?
If so and assuming the average is then 1.12m that would be a return of 1882.35 credits per crystal, which isn't bad.
If however it gives nearer to 560k most of the time then the return would be 941.18 credits per crystal, which is still not terrible, but it does only give out credits and like most people I feel like credits are more of a secondary resource compared to gear, shards and mods and I just don't see it as a good way of spending crystals.

I know Energy refreshes don't make a big difference in acquiring credits, what with GW accounting for almost 500k per day and events like credit heist, if weekly and played at the higher tiers account for about 700k per day, but being a f2p player, 30k to 50k more per day can make a difference in the long run. Call me frugal, but I'm trying to be as resource efficient as I can be.

Anyway, looking at crystal usage from a credit earning perspective, I think I'll start using my crystals mainly on cantina energy refreshes. What do you guys think, am I missing something, is my thinking too one dimensional, am I overlooking the importance of more quickly accumulating gear and using my refreshes more in that area, or do cantina energy refreshes just seem like a better overall option seeing how they have a greater secondary resources (credits) profit margin.

Thanks for the input.
Post edited by Flipvan on