Meta Counter

Anybody have good success with a Wiggs counter squad? Would like to get ahead of the inevitable meta shift...thinking IGD(L), JKA, Aayla, Dooku, Fives (omega basic).

Thoughts?

Replies

• KeyserTamasi
    44 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Maybe B2 instead of Dooku? He's tankier and his debuffs and buff immunity happen so often he might as well be on a counter squad.
  • scuba
    14073 posts Member
    Options
    Will need a Dispeller, since most of the time this is run with STH. AoE - + Counter attacking taunting STH = bad news.
    B2, Sunfac or Plo Koon should be good, BM can jump the turn order and Sunfac and Plo Koon can dispel with a counter attack.

Dooku is horrible idea IMO, you need tanky to survive the beat down.
  • Options
    Had the same thought after typing the first post. Still not sure it would be enough but the meta is always changing and counter seems like the most obvious paper to the Wiggs rock.

You tried it yet @scuba?
  • scuba
    14073 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have with IgD, Aalya, 5's, Anakin, Sunfac. Works pretty good. I currently run Rex, 5's, Aalya, sunfac, Anakin. Handles those high crit AoE's pretty good. 3/5 can counter and all gain TM at the same time. I am working on plo Koon right now to see how he would do.
  • Options
    Bam, you've already read my mind, going for anakin, Ima, aayla, b2 and possibly palp. Ima lead, of course. Almost finished with Ima then b2 comes afterwards
  • Options
    Be interested to hear how Plo does in that setup. Rex and Sun Fac are just glimmers in my eye until they get released to the masses.

The only downside to this comp is 4/5 are cantina battles (and high energy ones too). That's a loooong grind.
  • scuba
    14073 posts Member
    Options
    Yes it is a long grind.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I have with IgD, Aalya, 5's, Anakin, Sunfac. Works pretty good. I currently run Rex, 5's, Aalya, sunfac, Anakin. Handles those high crit AoE's pretty good. 3/5 can counter and all gain TM at the same time. I am working on plo Koon right now to see how he would do.

Ive been running that same team lately... Rex (L), Anakin, Aayla, Fives but with Plo instead of sunfac...

His skill set is really useful vs the typical aoe teams a lot of people are running these days... Offense down for the other team, defense up with TM gain for your group (once omega'd) and his dispel is pretty reliable. His synergy with the clone/ Jedi setup is petty solid and I like him a lot in that group.

• scuba
    14073 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Ive been running that same team lately... Rex (L), Anakin, Aayla, Fives but with Plo instead of sunfac...

His skill set is really useful vs the typical aoe teams a lot of people are running these days... Offense down for the other team, defense up with TM gain for your group (once omega'd) and his dispel is pretty reliable. His synergy with the clone/ Jedi setup is petty solid and I like him a lot in that group.

Glad to hear my farm might not be wasted. That offense down will definitely be helpful I think. I know sunfac using it on Lando all the time really neuter lando.
  • Options
    I was wondering if Plo would help with double taunts. You might have just convinced me to finish him.
  • Options
    Another choice could be SRP. Spam offense down and 15% TM for the team on his basic. Slows the damage and speeds your team. If he's in cantina battles, forget it