How come GW is only unfair to F2P Players?

So I was nearly finished with GW until I encountered the last team on the last node. Fully maxed out 40k strength team with JKA (L), B2, ST han, Ayla and Leia. I could save my top toons for this fight so I thought I was prepared, but this team just eradicted me. How can I even fight a fully geared and modded team, while my best team doesnt even have 32K strength...and dont get me to the mods...its hard to find good ones. This happens pretty often, that I encounter teams that are unbeatable for me in the last nodes. Why do most youtubers or other players from my guild have blue or green gear level 40-50 toons fighting in the last round? Isnt it a bit unfair that those who buy everything with moms credit card also get extremly low enemies? Also please dont use the excuse: "work on your toons and rooster huehuehue", because most of the guys that say that have already all the units, maxed out thanks to their moms credit card. Dear EA, Its impossible to be at tops ranks in Arena as F2P I understand that and also dont want to be...so make GW at least a fair option for us. Thank you. :blush:

Replies

• Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Galaxy of Heroes is a money generator. If your not willing to spend money you need to play the patience game. Slowly build up multiple 40k teams especially if your only 32k strength.

1. Join a guild
    2. Raid as much as possible
    3. Build a scoundrel team for credit and droid events
    4. Slowly grind out the gear you need
    5. Don't waste time on pointless heroes , better to look at them as kits not the skins covering.
    6. Do your research before making a investment, know how much a hero will need and what mods are best for them ( outside of speed).
  • Options
    Amen. I'm FTP and I rock the GW after long and tedious crafting of squads to go at it!!
  • Options
    Galaxy of Heroes is a money generator. If your not willing to spend money you need to play the patience game. Slowly build up multiple 40k teams especially if your only 32k strength.

1. Join a guild
    5. Don't waste time on pointless heroes , better to look at them as kits not the skins covering.
    6. Do your research before making a investment, know how much a hero will need and what mods are best for them ( outside of speed).

+1000
  • Options

1. Join a guild

Another +1000

I am "sea bass level", not F2P, but no where near divorce whale status. Have a plan, build your teams and grind it out.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Options
    Tm manipulation teams work very well, and you make it sound like ALL ftp players are in the same boat that you are in. I have no problem completely gw and I've spent a max of 20 dollars on this game. Mofojoker really hit this one on the head, like always.
  • Options
    @Woofy_MC

I have a problem with people that talk about moms credit card.

Not everyone that has a good size roster pays with money. It's called a lot people started last year back in November and December, and played everyday for the past nine month working on their roster. Do you know how many toons/gear/mods can be farmed in 9 months of playing everyday? Obviously not.

So I will tell you what others will tell you but you say not to tell you...work on your roster. Raid every chance so you get for better gear. Play everyday. Spend your Catina energy. And most of all have patience. If that's too much for you to do either spend the cash or quit. Just don't assume that every huge roster means = moms credit card.
  • Options
    I have to agree with planning and making good teams. I have a free to play account an I would say that I finish GW 98% of the time. But I spend resources very carefully on that account.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    Patient dude, you need to be patient and smart, you need to administrate your energy, I'm f2p and I'm doing well, of course p2w players are gonna have an advantage towards you but you still can compete.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    you don't need a huge roster for those green gear nodes, you don't need a credit card either, heck, you dont even need a mother.
    Just keep on playing and it magically happens.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    all this is good advice, but the OP does have a point - the nodes 11 and 12 of GW are clearly bugged to give those with powerful teams weak junk that they can easily beat. this isn't really fair on those who have middle power teams....

...and it makes GW dull for those who do have strong rosters. i am back to finishing the whole thing with a single team mostly on auto.

everyone will get a shock when the level cap comes along and we all find 48k power teams waiting for us at the final node!
  • Jaedric
    19 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If there is something under Sea Bass (Minnow?) Level that would probably be me. I don't have any trouble completing my Galactic Chore each day. I have one team that is 7* lvl 80, one team in the mid-70's and a couple of teams in the mid to high 60's. The key is to rotate your team in based on what you are fighting. Try and save your A-team till the end if at all possible. If you find you are getting that one node at the end that looks to be a brutal match up, or you find your team is starting to get wiped, retreat and then restart with a fodder team to make the AI burn it's heavy hitting cooldowns.

A lot of it is like the previous posters have said, patience in building up your squads and choosing the right squad make up to maximize your ability to complete.

Here are mine if it helps:

A-Team: Old Ben (L), Rey, QGJ, RG, Daka
    B-Team: Phasma (L), Leia, STH, Ewok Elder, and previously FOTP. (I've since farmed Rex via shipments and daily crystal collection to 5 1/2* so I'm inserting him for grins
    C-Team (lead off team) HK-47 (L), 88, 86, Poggle, Jawa Engineer (Poggle to be swapped for Nebit once Akbar farm done)

**edit** I realized I didn't really explain my team rotation. I start with C-Team and then when I get that mid-table node that jumps up to lvl 78-80s I throw my A-Team in. Then based on next match up I will either go back to my C-Team or move on to B-Team. By the time I get to the last 3 nodes that are high 70s - 80, I will throw my B or C team (if they still live) at a tough matchup to focus down the most threatening toon, or at least burn away it's protection. When all of those toons are dead, I throw my A-team with all the stuns at the tough match-up which at that point has probably got it's big hitting moves on cooldown**
  • Options
    Stun is good. I dropped $20 once. I have missed completing GW 1x. Ever. Can take first in Arena, with a little luck. Keep your chin up and grind away.
  • Options
    Wow. Such poor sentence structure and even worse transitions. I guess that is what I get for banging out a response at work...
  • Options
    Sarryen wrote: »
    all this is good advice, but the OP does have a point - the nodes 11 and 12 of GW are clearly bugged to give those with powerful teams weak junk that they can easily beat. this isn't really fair on those who have middle power teams....

...and it makes GW dull for those who do have strong rosters. i am back to finishing the whole thing with a single team mostly on auto.

everyone will get a shock when the level cap comes along and we all find 48k power teams waiting for us at the final node!

the people that get bugged out node 11 and 12 get the harder teams earlier on, they are not getting a free ride like so many around here think
  • Options
    First, be patient. This game is about the insanely long grind. It takes a very long time to build a large roster. Keep pushing forward and suddenly GW becomes not so bad, fun even.
    Second, if you have paid 0 into the game, just be happy you get to play.
    Third, if you do pay into the game, it only accelerates your progress for a little while. When the crystals are gone, it's back to the long slow grind ... or pay even more.
  • Options
    Pretty much what everyone said is spot on. I am mostly F2P and have been able to take down GW most of the time. There has been some fluctuation with my success though.

When I first unlocked GW I could not beat it. After a week or so I was able to beat all 12 nodes with ease. From about level 41-60ish I was kicking butt!!!

When I hit the early 60s there was a jump up in GW tallent. I suddenly could only get to node 9. After a couple weeks of farming I was able to break through and since then I have only not beaten GW 2 times (once right after mods and once before turn meter carried over).

I hope that gives you a little perspective regarding GW. Being F2P there will be times when you cant beat GW, but with some steady farming and patients you will be kicking butt in no time.

Something else to consider:

GW is not that important anymore.

Previously it was critical to beat GW because it was our main source of credits. With the addition of the new credit heist (5-20mil a week for top tier) GW is not nearly as important. GW is/can be fun, it is a nice source of 500k credits, but is by no means crucial for success at this time.

So don't worry about it! Beating GW is no longer a necisity so try to enjoy it! Think of it as a challenge and a measuring stick for where you are in the game. Before you know it you will have 3 teams of 7* level 80 toons that you can tinker with and kick GW butt with!

Beefing up you scoundrels could be more beneficial long term for credit and training droid heists.
  • Options
    Your OP was rather 'harsh/attacking' of p2p people, so I'm surprised you've gotten such good advice so far. My initial advice to you would be to pls not attack people (mommy credit card) who regularly beat GW when they are exactly the people who can help you (and also the f2p community as well).

GW is a grind, already many great points in this thread about how to beat it. Follow those points and you'll do it mate, just be patient. As an aside, not having a go at you or being 'one of those guys', just saying that if you ask for help/advice then you'll get it, but maybe don't attack p2p in your OP mate.

SH
  • Options
    Im F2P...my team runs just over 31k and I finish around 9 out of 10 GW....occasionally run into one bad a **** team

Yes it can sometimes take a few retreats and a squad shuffle but its do able. Try wearing them down with your other characters....war of attrition

• Options
    After you get to like 37K in arena teams
    Everything changes and it becomes a lot more reasonable, not easy but not imposible and the hard nod it's 11 and you get 3-4 stars at node 12
  • Options
    Never really faced problems with GW before. Although to be fair I've been playing for quite a long time and have a solid roster in the event a GW actually does give me a problem.