Force Unleashed Toon Write Up

Since my last thread about this got ruined I've decide to create a new one. The idea is to basically create some characters for the developers, so that they wouldn't have to work as hard if they decide to release these characters. Ideally this would include 5 characters to make an entire squad out of, however I can only come up with 4 that would be actual characters and not some fodder person. These 4 would include the obvious Galen Marek, and then the three other supporting characters; Juno Eclipse, Proxie, and Ram Kota. I would like people's ideas on what their moves could be and your reasoning behind why certain abilities do what they do in terms of SWGOH. To preface this I think that Galen, Juno, and Proxie should be classed as Empire and Rebel as they fought for both sides. Ram was always a Rebel, but he is a Jedi so that would lead to some synergy options between the Jedi and Rebel squads.

Replies

• Options
    My first ideas were for the abilities of Galen and Proxie. For Galen if imagine him to have an AOE Shock like EP does but possibly instead of inflicting Stun, maybe Galen's would inflict Shock. It's a highly useful negative status effect while also be somewhat balanced. His basic would basically be the exact same as Ashoka's basic, giving huge health steal and moderate damage (4000 range?). My other idea was for Proxie's Unique ability. It would activate at the very start of the encounter and he would copy one of the opposing squads members. So if you go up against a person that runs Maul then Proxie could start as Maul. This would also include their abilities and attacks. This would save the animators a lot of time making this room becuase he literally would use another toons animations that is alread in the game. The next part of his unique would be that once you defeat Proxie in the copied state he revives with a Stun on him at around 25% of his max health. From that point on his attack would be similar to RGs basic and have a chance to inflict a negative status effect. Probably not stun but if that seems balanced then I'd be ok with a stun chance. For Juno and Ram I don't have a clue what they could do in terms of gameplay but I would love to hear what y'all think they could do.
  • Options
    I'd rather not totally against noncanon characters in this game. HK is already one too many.
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    I like the copy ability. Should it be random or first attacking opponent? If random I think it would be better to copy any opponent or ally giving more possibilities.
  • Options
    Most average star wars fans don't care at all about things from the EU that are uncanon, and also the rebels TV show. Most people don't want people they have never heard of be at the top of arena teams, and be important parts of the game. People want toons they like. With clone wars its different, because the show has been around and canon for a while, and most people are fine with more generic jedi and clones that are cool. I also even like parts of the EU, like republic commandos, but I don't want to see them in the game, because there is more important and popular stuff
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    Most average star wars fans don't care at all about things from the EU that are uncanon, and also the rebels TV show. Most people don't want people they have never heard of be at the top of arena teams, and be important parts of the game. People want toons they like. With clone wars its different, because the show has been around and canon for a while, and most people are fine with more generic jedi and clones that are cool. I also even like parts of the EU, like republic commandos, but I don't want to see them in the game, because there is more important and popular stuff

Not to go to off topic but I personally loved the EU. Read everybook ever published. Was the only expansion of the this wonderful franchise before the prequels.

I would much rather see eu specific characters than more generic characters, like gs or rebel commando etc, at the top.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Not to go to off topic but I personally loved the EU. Read everybook ever published. Was the only expansion of the this wonderful franchise before the prequels.

I would much rather see eu specific characters than more generic characters, like gs or rebel commando etc, at the top.

I'm not saying that the EU is bad, it is just that most people really don't know about it at all. Disney is trying its best to get rid of it, so it would also be hard to put them in the game. While I agree that random generics shouldn't really dominate, but i do like the sort of "hidden gem" idea. The thing is that anything from the movies or some of clone wars will be mostly known, as opposed to EU characters
  • Options
    How did hk get in the game btw. I realize most toons I don't know a bl00dy thing about are well Toons, ie from cartoons I will never watch. Putting in things like Kyle katarn or the dark Jedi the player marries at the end of dark forces two Jedi knight limits appeal. Even clone wars characters limits appeal. Many people only care about the original films or only about the new ones (for the new generation that is). How about the bartender from seven, or names FOST's or general organa, or Mon mothma or general Tagee before total unknowns to people who will only see 4-7. I'd rather see Chewbacca's parents from the Xmas special than characters from a game I only ever saw my friend with a ps2 play for ten mins. (Force unleashed)
  • CatPoopie
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    How did hk get in the game btw. I realize most toons I don't know a bl00dy thing about are well Toons, ie from cartoons I will never watch. P

HK-47 and Knights of the old Rebublic is canon. Confirmed noteably during season two finale of Rebles. The real question is why don't we have Revan?
  • Krovv3n
    71 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    LOLz your last thread didnt get ruined. You just didnt like being told the exact same things you are being told here...Force Unleashed is no longer canon. Dont expect to ever see those characters in this game. Honestly it was a lame game and story anyways.

FYI It says right on the event graphic that Scarif is a Rogue One character (I didnt pay attention before). And yes it is canon whether it has been released yet or not. Just like ep8 and 9 and the stand alone films are and will be canon even though they have not yet been released.

Oh and to respond about Kyle Katarn...he is far more well known of a character than any original charcters in Force Unleashed. He has been in countless games, books and comics over the last 20 yrs. Sadly I dont expect to see him in this game as he is no longer canon.
  • Options
    I don't like non canon characters to be ingame with the exception of HK-47 because he is canon although he never made a real appearance. Something EA got lucky with when they created him I guess ;)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I like the copy ability. Should it be random or first attacking opponent? If random I think it would be better to copy any opponent or ally giving more possibilities.

I don't think it should be the first attacking enemy becuase then it would always choose the same toons and rarely every become a tank. Also I'd say that I can't be an ally in order to avoid glitches. If you had two EPs for example you would basically always AOE Stun.
  • Options
    Krovv3n wrote: »
    LOLz your last thread didnt get ruined. You just didnt like being told the exact same things you are being told here...Force Unleashed is no longer canon. Dont expect to ever see those characters in this game. Honestly it was a lame game and story anyways.

FYI It says right on the event graphic that Scarif is a Rogue One character (I didnt pay attention before). And yes it is canon whether it has been released yet or not. Just like ep8 and 9 and the stand alone films are and will be canon even though they have not yet been released.

Oh and to respond about Kyle Katarn...he is far more well known of a character than any original charcters in Force Unleashed. He has been in countless games, books and comics over the last 20 yrs. Sadly I dont expect to see him in this game as he is no longer canon.

Kyle Catarn is fan fiction at best. He is only known because he was in a bunch of non canon pseudo Star Wars games and films. Now please stop ruaiming my threads with your off topic comments.
  • Options
    Hk47 is from the video game KOTOR
  • Options
    The developers have said many times that cannon is irrelevant to the character creation process. There are no restrictions on what the can do nor should there be, after all you are playing on a hologram. I'm all for them taking exciting characters from any source as it makes the game more interesting
  • Options

Kyle Catarn is fan fiction at best. He is only known because he was in a bunch of non canon pseudo Star Wars games and films. Now please stop ruaiming my threads with your off topic comments.

Kyle katarn is from some of my favorite star wars games. They are no longer canon, but neither is your force unleashed character.
  • Options

Kyle makes appearances a few times in the Fate of the Jedi series. And the Legacy of the Force books. And Dark Nest, apparently (have not read that one myself though).
    Bottom line is he was confirmed canon before the whole 'Legends' rollover. Exactly the same as Marek and the rest of the Force Unleashed cast.

Force Unleashed had fun graphics and fights, but it had pretty weak characters. HK-47 gets a pass for being in swgoh in my book because he was a memorable character in kotor: sarcastic, quippy and humorous in a way that makes him unique in Star Wars. No one from Force Unleashed (or really the Dark Forces games either) seems to be developed or unique to that extent.
  • Options

Why did you start a new thread? This one is totally still on topic.
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options

I don't think it should be the first attacking enemy becuase then it would always choose the same toons and rarely every become a tank. Also I'd say that I can't be an ally in order to avoid glitches. If you had two EPs for example you would basically always AOE Stun.

That would be awesome!

If you are suggesting it to limit to not include characters you are using that could be very limiting.

• Options

Why did you start a new thread? This one is totally still on topic.

I have these people talking about the canon argument which took it off topic. Started a new thread to get rid of their comments.
  • Options

That would be awesome!

If you are suggesting it to limit to not include characters you are using that could be very limiting.

You would only be 4 toons that Proxie couldn't be from your side. Also if you and your opponent have similar toons then that would encourage different lineups in order to exploit weaknesses. It would also give you a way to "make sure" Proxie becomes a toon that benefits you. For example, if you run EP lead, QGJ, Rey, RG and Proxie and your Opponent runs Anakin instead of Proxie, then you know your Proxie will become Anakin.
  • Options
    Since my last thread about this got ruined I've decide to create a new one. The idea is to basically create some characters for the developers, so that they wouldn't have to work as hard if they decide to release these characters. Ideally this would include 5 characters to make an entire squad out of, however I can only come up with 4 that would be actual characters and not some fodder person. These 4 would include the obvious Galen Marek, and then the three other supporting characters; Juno Eclipse, Proxie, and Ram Kota. I would like people's ideas on what their moves could be and your reasoning behind why certain abilities do what they do in terms of SWGOH. To preface this I think that Galen, Juno, and Proxie should be classed as Empire and Rebel as they fought for both sides. Ram was always a Rebel, but he is a Jedi so that would lead to some synergy options between the Jedi and Rebel squads.

I think starkiller alone would be enough, with a freaky classification like light side/sith/rebel. But he is a tough entry, all popularity and eu versus canon discussions to the side, simply giving credit to the story that supports starkiller which you must do this guy is a major monster. I would hate to see greats like darth bane or exar kun or starkiller get in and be represented wrong. Those guys tip the balance they were so good so leave him out
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »

Kyle katarn is from some of my favorite star wars games. They are no longer canon, but neither is your force unleashed character.

Star wars canon is quickly becoming individual perception and acceptance. Last time i checked the force unleashed story was the bridge between episodes 3 and 4 there being a big 20 year gap, it supposedly had the george lucas stamp of approval and was declared straight canon in accord with what the sith were doing, now with the disney purchase of star wars it seems like fans declare something canon or uncanon as they like.
  • Options
    veejayti wrote: »
    Snake2 wrote: »

Star wars canon is quickly becoming individual perception and acceptance. Last time i checked the force unleashed story was the bridge between episodes 3 and 4 there being a big 20 year gap, it supposedly had the george lucas stamp of approval and was declared straight canon in accord with what the sith were doing, now with the disney purchase of star wars it seems like fans declare something canon or uncanon as they like.

Exactly. This is one of the best sources for what Vader was doing in between 3 and 4 that isn't from the books or comics.
  • Options
    veejayti wrote: »

I think starkiller alone would be enough, with a freaky classification like light side/sith/rebel. But he is a tough entry, all popularity and eu versus canon discussions to the side, simply giving credit to the story that supports starkiller which you must do this guy is a major monster. I would hate to see greats like darth bane or exar kun or starkiller get in and be represented wrong. Those guys tip the balance they were so good so leave him out

I can see that. That's what I was thinking too with the classifications. Possibly even go as far as Light Side and Dark Side, Empire and Rebel. His toon would be very easy to get right in this game due to the possible synergy with two of the current most OP squads in the meta right now. If he could benefit from EP lead as much as Vader does, while having Wiggs calling him to assist as well, all while putting negative effects on your opponent. He "could" be OP purely based on synergy. But to not break the game he would have to have some weakness so that people don't complain that he needs a nerf even before he is released.