B2: Tenacity or Potency?

Tenacity: With a 7* base of 39%, stacking tenacity mods could help ward off stuns (which render B2 utterly useless) and keep B2 as a dispelling machine.

Potency: Gives him a better chance of sticking his 65% chance BI by stacking potency, but if he's stunned by EP off the bat it's 4v5.

With the number of EP squads out there, I lean toward tenacity. Can anyone tell me why that's wrong?

For reference, I'm working on a counter comp of IGD(l), Ani, Aayla, 5s, and B2/SRP (depending on the other squad).

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Somebody just asked about Ackbar and tenacity vs EP. It's useless. You need to have tenacity so far over 100% to have even the slightest effect that it isn't even possible for most toons. Go with potency.
  • malkin
    11 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm in the process of farming B2... I was considering modding him with crit chance and crit damage (like I do with the rest of my droids, which are all 7* lvl 80). Since I haven't used B2 yet, is this not a valid strategy with HK lead?
  • Options
    put crit avoidance or accuracy, potency on + the rest dont matter, personally went with health and protection
  • Options
    You want some potency in there somewhere - perhaps on the plus/cross mod. You need the evasion down and buff immunity to land in order to neuter RG, STH, and other buffs that you would rather not deal with. Tenacity isn't an issue other than 2+ turn debuffs. He goes frequently so a one turn stun isn't a big deal.
  • Options
    Good points on the tenacity...potency it is.

Already putting crit avoidance on the arrow...the team will have plenty of opportunities to attack on counters so no need for speed. And with their tankiness, crit avoidance will make them last forever. They should be a real pain in the *** for the AoE teams even if they decide to focus fire. I hope.
  • Options
    I've been playing with B2 for long
    The best mods are - arrow on crit avoidance, cross on potency
    Triangle on crit damage
    Set on crit damage
    And set on smth else, doesn't really matter
    He should hit 4-5k with his basic
  • Options
    I'm thinking about accuracy for the arrow slot. Anything to help land those debuffs...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Accuracy, potency, and crit chance secondaries and mod type. Potency mod type too. Don't worry about damage, he's fine and he will never be great. But don't worry about tenacity, he goes often enough stuns don't last.

• scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    Tenacity and crit avoidance vs Aayla makes b2 even more of an annoyance to face. I don't have him but that set up vs my Aayla drives me nuts sometimes.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Tenacity and crit avoidance vs Aayla makes b2 even more of an annoyance to face. I don't have him but that set up vs my Aayla drives me nuts sometimes.

How to use Aayla? i am going to farm Aayla or B2, but hvnt decide which one yet.
  • Options
    johnne wrote: »

How to use Aayla? i am going to farm Aayla or B2, but hvnt decide which one yet.
    get both
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    johnne wrote: »

They are both great, especially now that Aayla can stun on counter attack.
    Both are very universal
    Unfortunately Aayla, if you don't have crazy high crit chance secondaries, can just about be shut down by EP lead and the right mods.