Asking for opinions- Best squad for arena defence

Alright mates I would appreciate your opinion since I'm struggling a lot in arena lately.Back in the old days I usually got #1 with ease in my payout time and rarely fell behind #10 overnight. Now I have to refresh to get #2 (there's no way I'm beating the whale who has the same payout time as me) and I fall below #30 overnight.

It's a December shard and now full with super speed palps,Landos,Anakins and SThans squads spreading terror.I already had Anakin and just yesterday I finished my Lando.problem is I'm not a whale so no super speed and I'm trying to find the best possible squad who would make people hesitant when they have the choice of targeting me. I use 6 toons in arena offence:

-Ani(usually as leader,yet yesterday I tried Lando and went well)-196 speed
-Aayla (love her stun,works great with droids,I usually ditch her with palp led teams)-165 speed
-Lando(4 crit dmg & 2 crit chance mods),don't use him against droids-154 speed
-SThan-179 speed
-Rey-211 speed
-QGJ-182 speed

Now which 5 would you choose for defence?and with what leader?Or,if you have a suggestion for a new -farmable-toon that could tag along with the above and form a great defence team let me know.

Any opinion is welcome.Thanks in advance gents!

Replies

• Options
    Defending is mostly about discouraging potential opponent. No Palp, no Wedge (no Rex) = big target mark. Also, people tend to check St Han speed (and attack if it's lower), 179 is way to low on competitve shards.
    I would also stay away from Aayla on the defence (as a non meta, slow character).
  • Options
    Hi, how do you switch offense/defense in arena?
  • Options
    Bart wrote: »
    Hi, how do you switch offense/defense in arena?

You can't - you "defend" with the last team you attacked with.

Personally, I take the view that if you want to hold rank, you either (a) deter the opponent, or (b) try and keep it to a stalemate. I suppose if I wanted to hold rank, I would make my last battle with a very tanky team.

It's all an ebb and flow, anyway - I personally don't use any arena battles until 2 hours before payout, and I usually place top 10. I drop back to mid-20s overnight, then back up again the next day. I'm not too worried about defence - I can always reclaim my ranks :)

• Options
    It's all about speed now. Load up all your speed mods on St Han so you have him fast. If you get the first turn through Han's taunt (which gives the entire team 30% TM) then people with slower teams will stay away. Faster teams will still attack you though.

From your suggested toons I would have Lando lead (speed and crit bonus), st han (loaded with all your speed), anakin, aayla, qgj (for his taunt removal and assist).

Most people on my server still run a double taunt though (RG or Sun Fac) and these teams are usually harder to beat.
  • Options
    I'm a lowly <200 rank player, but the double taunt is awesome. I have RG and St. Han with chirps leading teebo and EE. It's been working well, but falling off as of late. I rarely fell ranks until recently.
  • Options
    Best defence ever
    Wedge leader
    Palpatine
    Lando
    StHan (should go first)
    Jka/biggs
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Well for the past week, I switched up team, and have been holding rank very well

im from a xmas server

yesterday i went 15 hours straight in "3rd"

Wedge lead
    biggs (decent speed)
    lando
    sthan (decent speed but nothing crazy)
    og han (accuracy arrow and potency +)

unfortunately nothing from your team would scare anyone on my server from attacking you it's probably the same on yours :(

it's getting more and more competitive and it's all about good mods

EDIT: to answer your question, with proposed toons, I would go with:

Lando lead
    sthan
    ani
    rey
    qgj
  • Options
    Thoughts on an uber tank team for defense?

Something like a JKA (lead), Fives, RG, StHan, SunFac team?
  • Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Thoughts on an uber tank team for defense?

Something like a JKA (lead), Fives, RG, StHan, SunFac team?

a guildmate of mine uses:

Rex lead
    5's
    ani
    rg
    sun fac

and he holds rank very well.

• Options
    Rex, sun fac, sthan, lando, jka
  • Options
    Sun Fac is great toon for AOE craze. Debuffs STH. Sun Fac with Wiggs IMO is perfect because Biggs gets TM on crit hit so a great Lando bomb debuffs a STH and then Wiggs kills a toon.

There's a wiggs team I face that I can beat but not easily. Can't really use AOE completely and I need some luck.
  • Options
    I know the above is an easy answer as Sun Fac is p2p but I think he's really the most OP toon in the game. Debuffs, taunts, self heals....