Rex on Defense

I run Rex on my team and I have been getting crushed on defense as we move into this new meta. I have him sped up a decent amount and he usually goes first. On offense I have not really had any issues beating teams. I'm guessing that he is not doing tenacity up his first turn on defense. I have turned on auto a few times and he doesn't seem to do it then EP rocks everyone with his stun.

Can anyone confirm that he does not do tenacity up if he goes first on Defense?

Replies

• Options
    Rex will use subdue first before squad discipline unless one of your team is suffering from a negative effect.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You have two options. One, mega-load Tenacity on him and try to get him to 100% to reduce the chance of being stunned or ability blocked. Two, use JKA and make JKA faster than Rex but keep his crit% in the 40%'s to reduce the chance of a crit, which will cause him to be Exposed and force Rex to SD first turn instead of Subdue. It's not idea by any means, but if you have a heavy EP meta then it might be worth it.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    yea Rex is terrible you should sit him . If u have Sunfac sit him too .
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The Rex leads on my shard defend pretty good using the JKA technique. If his crit chance is exactly 40% (which would be hard to get him that low, I bet), his chance for triggering Rex would be approximately 48.5%. If you make Anni one point faster than Rex, this gives the competition almost no chance to squeeze between.

48.5% chance at neutralizing EP stun will turn into >40% chance to defend, with the right setup. This means people will choose easier fights. With the right toons you can have high RNG defense against a broad spectrum of current meta teams.

Not to mention Anni is a good toon on defense, in general, with his health, AOE, and unique. The ones using this Anni/Rex 1 pt speed separation defend much better than the other Rex's on my shard.

If EP goes first, he only has a 59.5% chance to stun a zero tenacity Rex... against, that's not a bad defense at all. At those odds, ur carrying what is maybe the biggest stick on the block. Worry about ur other 4 toons. Rex lead is great for defense.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Options
    RuiVuusen wrote: »
    Rex will use subdue first before squad discipline unless one of your team is suffering from a negative effect.

From what I have seen Rex doesn't include himself, I have hit Rex with a debuff to start and he doesn't use his tenacity up.
  • SpeeedDarkwalkers
    118 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Jabba wrote: »
    yea Rex is terrible you should sit him . If u have Sunfac sit him too .

Hahaha :D I feel you Jabba :D
  • Options
    B2 has solved all my Rex L and dual tank problems. He can tenacity up all he wants as it doesn't last long.
  • Options
    B2 has solved all my Rex L and dual tank problems. He can tenacity up all he wants as it doesn't last long.
    What he said ...
    I think it's your turn to lock up our 1st place payout for a while again @Shooting4life
    But really it's your STH I'm more concerned about than B2.