What was the 'armor update' and why did it nerf Leia?

I feel foolish for not knowing this but I keep reading about an update a while back to how armor works and that it effectively nerfs Leia. What was that all about and what other toons are affected? Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    It increased armor for all toons, but especially for high strength toons (generally the high health tanks units). This decreased the effectiveness of all single target damage dealers, as it's now harder for them to take out toons in one or two shots.
  • Options
    Armor is a percentage damage reduction and the update made it better so it could work as they intended, not sure how it effected Leia exactly as she has high armor piercing but it really defensively it really only effects characters with high armor (most tanks)
  • Options
    I know it beefed up fives
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Leia was dead with or without the armor patch, though. Aoe killed leia. B2 woulda killed leia. Leia is outta meta.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I use Leia all the time in GW with a Phasma lead. (She's only G9 and I don't have the right setup for Leia in my arena squad.)

People said the same thing about droids being nerfed after the armor update. If anything, I see MORE droids now in arena.

Unless your arena is full of AOE's and Echo's (his AOE dispel) I'd say she can still be good in arena. Especially with an Ackbar lead.