Thematic Addition to Kylo Ren's Unique

Aero
2972 posts Member
Kylo Ren is pretty "meh", we can all agree. While thinking of ways to rework him, In drawn to the movie for inspiration. Kylo Ren displays a new force power never seen before (as far as I know) with "Force Stun". And be honest, hoe many of you dropped your jaw when he stopped a blaster shot in its tracks? This is the basis of my proposal.

Addition to Unique: The first time Kylo Ren is targeted in an encounter he has 100% dodge chance and stuns the attacker for 1 turn.

I don't think this on its own would make him viable, but I do think it's a good starting point. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Options
    Cool but how do you manage when he AOE on multiple counters ?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Cogito wrote: »

If i'm reading the OP correctly, he would stun characters who attack him, not characters he attacks.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Give him 100% counter chance and a 100% chance to stun on his 3rd atk.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

If i'm reading the OP correctly, he would stun characters who attack him, not characters he attacks.

Precisely. So if the first move is Lando doing his AOE, it will still hit the other 4 characters but Kylo will dodge and stun Lando.
  • Options
    He's in desperate need of literally anything to make him better. Sad to see how bad he is right now.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »

Precisely. So if the first move is Lando doing his AOE, it will still hit the other 4 characters but Kylo will dodge and stun Lando.

i like the idea. It's new and refreshing. One slightly negative side effect is that this new addition makes his counter even less effective. Not really a problem though, not sure if it was even worth mentioning.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    My question was about COUNTERS ... if he hits with AOE dooku aayla and sun fac he ll get 3 counter attacks. If the ability was not proc before counter, how do you apply it ?
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »

Lol this would counter wiggs big time
  • Options
    My question was about COUNTERS ... if he hits with AOE dooku aayla and sun fac he ll get 3 counter attacks. If the ability was not proc before counter, how do you apply it ?

You can't counter a counter tho.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

Ok, I see what you're saying. The answer that immediately makes sense to me is this unique ability only procs on an events l enemy's turn. They can't be countering Kylo or assisting on Kylo, only the character whose turn it was that targets Kylo.
  • Options
    My thoughts for Kylo right now..

Ragged Cut: Deal physical damage to target and inflict healing immunity and DoT for 2 turns.

Force Drain: Stun target for 1 turn then deal special damage to target. All allies gain foresight + advantage for 2 turns.

Lash Out: AoE. Inflict 3 DoT for 3 turns.

Leader: First Order allies have +30% critical damage and gain 30% TM on a critical hit.

Outrage: While above 50% health Kylo gains foresight at the start of each of his turns. While below 50% health Kylo has 100% counter chance and counters with 'Lash Out'. In addition he gains offense up and defense up for 1 turn whenever he is dealt damage while below 50% health.

Idk too much? I don't think his attacks should deal much damage though as he's not very strong. Where they are at now is about right imo. I think his update will come with the next movie though. As we'll have a better idea of his character and abilities. I assume he's going to be much stronger by the next movie.