Why doesn't Tenacity Down work on the pigs

I noticed when i run Dengar in p1, and place tenacity down on the pigs, my chance of teebo or ewok scout being resisted is basically doubled. Is there a bug I'm unaware of? Why does teebo get resisted more with tenacity down than without? And it's not just bad rng for one raid. Every single time i use Dengar, this is the case. Anyone else having similar problems or is it just me?

Replies

• Options
    They changed tenacity down so it only affects the application of debuffs, not tm reduction
  • Options
    They changed tenacity down so it only affects the application of debuffs, not tm reduction

Where is that posted?
  • Options
    Seriously? That makes no sense. Isn't the fact that tmr can be resisted enough to treat it as a debuff?
  • Options

Wrong
    There's always a base 15% chance for a debuff to be resisted. This includes TM reduction.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    But why does he resist more when his chance to resist is lowered? Even wroth his normal tenacity above 15% chance to resist, the pig doesn't resist as much as he does with tenacity down on him.
  • Options
    Scorn wrote: »
    But why does he resist more when his chance to resist is lowered? Even wroth his normal tenacity above 15% chance to resist, the pig doesn't resist as much as he does with tenacity down on him.

That all has to do with good or bad RNG.
    I've had multiple runs where the pig/rancor goes on a resist spree even with tenacity down. That 15% chance can be killer :confused:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I agree with the OP and have posted a similar question. The tenacity down, IMO, acts as tenacity UP. Just today, using Dengar, teebo / qgj were resisted 9 times in a row. That's not the first time that happened. Since using Dengar for the first time, I've been resisted 12 times in P1, 17 times in P1, and today I didn't bother to count because it happened so often. It's not bad RNG. There is a significant increase in the % chance above 15% when tenacity down is applied.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

That all has to do with good or bad RNG.
    I've had multiple runs where the pig/rancor goes on a resist spree even with tenacity down. That 15% chance can be killer :confused:

I just have to disagree with you, though, based on my experience. For example...how often do you see Fives (who has an 85% counter chance) NOT counter, and then, how often does he not counter numerous times in a row? It's a statistical rarity to say the least. I have never seen it personally. I've yet to see Fives not counter more than once in a given match (granted, P1 runs are way longer than an arena battle; however, statistically speaking the "resisted" for TM should not pop up more than 3 or 4 times in a given P1). In fact, 3-4 was about my average before using Dengar. This is over dozens of P1 runs with the same team. Enter Dengar...that "resisted" chance has gone up by 400%.
  • Options

It is indeed extremely frustrating to invest significant resources into a toon like Dengar, who takes ages to get Heroic-ready, only to find out he is broken. And, even though he is broken, this is blamed on a statistical chance of 15%. I refuse to accept that since it is simply not reality. The Devs need to look into him.
  • Options
    I agree. Tenacity down is broken, and because it's an rng based stat, it's widely ignored. It's obvious that it is broken when you compare your raid runs pre and post Dengar. Before Dengar, i could get through p1 without the captain taking more than 5 turns, thanks to tmr. After, i'm lucky if the captain doesn't hit enraged. How is that supposed to work. With tenacity down, the results should be completely opposite.
  • Options
    I'm the only one that has Dengar on my guild. Against the Captain it has really not made much difference. Against Rancor is where Dengar shines.
  • Options
    My guild mate and I were just discussing this. It seems like tenacity down doubles the chances of Teebo being resisted. He's trying out Dengar and he gets resisted more now than when he didn't run him.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    It does seem to increase the tenacity on the guard.

But when you get to the rancor, Dengar is nails.
  • Options
    I've found captain stage harder since using dengar today he went enrage at 50% health! Never had that problem with my old team

Was carnage lost teebo 3 times after the enrage thankfully EE was there to rez.... Resists galore, teebo was coming at out stealth repeatedly after 1 turn every go, in fact would say was worst RnG I've ever had in the raid

thankfully scraped through with team in tact minus protection and managed to get door down twice on rancor before hammer time
  • Options
    Fisto seems to do well also, though his subsequent damage is horrid
  • Options
    I use teebo, phasma, elder, dengar, qgj. Totally agree that the pigs are harder and more resistant. I will still use dengar for pigs but not use his tenacity down. His basic assist attack is too good and he also applies speed down. He is a ton better against the rancor. I agree with that. Did 3.6 mil today
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    The one time I played around with him. I got 0 resists from Rex or teebo with tenacity down on captain.
  • Options
    It is happening to me as well. I guess that the issue is speed. Dengar in the team causes less damange and the fight takes longer. You need perhaps 200+ speed on most toons to surpass the resistance before things get at bad shape. You also need more assists to increase the chance to keep the TM low.

Some proof and stays to base on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIlu5xsxQw8 (long video from a guild mate with a full heroic clearance).

Another hipotesis is that the potency is still required to be higher anyway, which I believe to be true.

Granted that my attempts were with a G9 Teebo, Dengar and G10 Qui-Gon, Phasma and Rex were maxed out.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    Having higher potency than before tenacity down hits, you mean? My teebo's potency is in the 70's, and he still gets resisted like crazy. Without tenacity down, that's plenty to control the guards. So i don't think that hypothesis is exactly correct.

I wish i knew what the problem was, then it could be fixed. But I'm stumped. I'm assuming that it has something to do with the tenacity down debuff on the pigs themselves. But whether it's the debuff or the pigs, i can't say.
  • Options
    My teebo's potency is in the 70's, and he still gets resisted like crazy.

Your Teebo Potency is too low.

Character Name: Nofaultius
  • Options
    Fisto seems to do well also, though his subsequent damage is horrid

Can't be worse than Dengar's damage.
  • Options
    Yeah, Dengar's damage is pathetic. If you look up pathetic in the dictionary, you'd see Dengar's picture. Lol
  • Options
    I guess that the main issue is the chaotic behavior given the true randomness of the game. We expect to find patterns but there is none.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    Dunno about this^ why more effective in rancor stages then?