Remove gear/reset toons

Basically, I messed up. I have Old Ben at GL7 and he has lots of health. For some reason, I thought this was a good idea for a character whose main function is to die.

What I'm proposing is to have a function to remove gear like mods - either destroy it or pay to remove it safely.

Replies

• Options
    Umm...that's exactly what can do now
  • Options
    I agree with StevenFletcher. It would be nice to remove gear items from toons. I think SithGorilla is more brawn then brains in this conversation. He is NOT talking about mods, but for an option to remove or sell "gear" like we currently do with our "mods".

I know I have put gear on the wrong toons more than once. In this game you need to keep up with Meta. This game has you always playing catch up leveling and gearing new toons, and never old toons you already have maxed out. Most toons become obsolete when they release new toons. Example (who is still using Poggle?). Just one example of a toon I have maxed, and is useless to me currently.
  • Options
    Sorry...I glossed over the gear part. I thought you meant mods. My bad.
  • Options
    While I like the idea, it will probably never happen in a permanent capacity. If they allowed this then there would be less reason to spend crystals on refreshes or buy gear in shipments. Once the meta changed everyone would simply swap what they need from whichever toon they no longer need.

I think a more plausible idea would be to charge an obscene amount of crystals to completely strip one toon, one time. But I doubt that will happene either as EAs purpose is to promote a large roster thereby making money in the process.

I like where your heads at though.
  • Options
    ^^^
  • Options
    I don't know of anyone who actively kills old Ben first anyway. If he has more health than you would like, keep him either unmodded or with mods that don't boost health/protection.

I agree that shifting gear around would be great, but unfortunately we all know it'll never happen.
  • Options
    Good idea. Also Bring back the sell item menu. Tried of having over a 1000 of something I don't need
  • Options
    Klocko wrote: »
    I don't know of anyone who actively kills old Ben first anyway. If he has more health than you would like, keep him either unmodded or with mods that don't boost health/protection.

I agree that shifting gear around would be great, but unfortunately we all know it'll never happen.

Ooohwee. AI might kill him for you when you are on offense. Aoe's can take him out too.
  • Options
    Joeyd7878 wrote: »
    While I like the idea, it will probably never happen in a permanent capacity. If they allowed this then there would be less reason to spend crystals on refreshes or buy gear in shipments. Once the meta changed everyone would simply swap what they need from whichever toon they no longer need.

I think a more plausible idea would be to charge an obscene amount of crystals to completely strip one toon, one time. But I doubt that will happene either as EAs purpose is to promote a large roster thereby making money in the process.

maybe take a poll cause i'm guessing not EVERYONE uses crystals to refresh and not everyone cares about or even knows what the meta is.

i think being able to remove gear is a great idea

• Options
    Klocko wrote: »

Ooohwee. AI might kill him for you when you are on offense. Aoe's can take him out too.

That's what I was gonna say. If you only gear him up enough to get his unique, an AoE will probably take him out.
  • Options
    Joeyd7878 wrote: »

^This. I loved the idea, but this post above was very realistic.
  • Options
    Only way EA would even consider this idea is if they stand to financially benefit from removing and replacing said gear to another shard. This would have to match the cost of building said gear from scratch on the new toon to give value to undertake the time and effort to code it as such (which would sound ludicrous to the player who's original intent is to save money and not waste it).