Dengar in raids

So I'm working Dengar up to switch out Fives. I currently have him at Gear 8 but should have him at least gear 9 before i 7 star.

Will gear 9 be enough or would i have to max him out before he is good in the raid?

and.

What mods should i focus on getting for him?

Replies

• Options
    I used him at gear 9 and he was fine. His main use is for the tenacity down which is based solely on crits.
  • Options
    If you pair with Phasma, any mods will do. Just use speed. If going without Phasma (preferred if you can sub in another TM reducer), then crit chance is the way to go.
  • Options
    Crit chance and speed as he is soooooo slow

And yeah you can use him at gear nine
  • Options
    thanks everyone.
  • Options
    Definitely focus on Omegas, too. Mini Mine Mayhem needs the extra turn to stick after the door lifts off the rancor (him getting up counts as 2 turns). Omega his basic to boost his assist chance to 60%. One of my favorites is when QGJ calls Dengar for an assist, which calls Teebo and strips TM.
  • Options
    I am working on Dengar myself. I am 15 shards away from 7* and stun cuffs away from gear 9. I already have omega on Mini Mine Mayhem. I have also three starred the critical chance mod challenge.

My concern is how to use him. We are finally running heroic raids. I will use Teebo (L), QGJ, Fives, Dengar and ???. My options for the fifth slot are Rey, Phasma and Chewie. I have Chewie with an omega on the basic for extra TMR chance.

I assume you hit Rancor with Mini Mine Mayhem when the door drops asap. Does the Mini Mine Mayhem stick when the door is up? Does it work well in phase 4?
  • Options
    TM is key here, so Rey is not the way to go if you want to go the distance. Fives, Dengar, and Phasma all do speed down, so I would not use all three; in fact, I personally would use Phasma over Fives just because of Advantage, which guarantees tenacity down from MMM. If you had Elder, he is great for feeding TM, especially to Teebo, but you didn't mention that option. Therefore, I'd probably go Teebo (L), QGJ, Dengar, Phasma, Chewie.

As for when to use MMM against Rancor, it depends on your team. If you don't have Phasma, it is a big risk to use MMM before triggering the door (though the active panel gives you a second chance at a crit, so it's not as bad as after the door comes back up). In this case, it is probably best to wait until the door drops. Otherwise, if you bring Phasma and remember to keep VM off cooldown at the beginning of the phase, use it first, then MMM, then hope you get a TM reducer up to bat right away. If the Rancor's TM is getting close to full, you can always bail and start whacking at the panel. But it's best to avoid using the panel until you absolutely have to. If you get the right timing and get speed down to stick immediately after tenacity down, you can go a long way without using the door.
  • Options
    Interesting, so it sounds like you advise against triggering the door. I guess the VM virtually guarantees crit damage with the advantage. Thanks for the info.