Where is the love for Mace Windu?!

Prev1
Lets talk! I know this is posted like once a month, but could we get a rework for windu? He is one of the best Jedis out there in the Star Wars Universe, nearly killing Darth Sidious, one of the strongest Sith during his time. In the Lore only Dooku and Yoda could reach his greatness! Windu was so talented with the lightsaber, that he made his own style of fighting! A true master on his own, I would say! He was reworked from time to time wiht minor improvements, but he still seems rather weak and useless. The most important point however: He has a purple lightsaber.........nuff said.

#makewindugreatagain

Replies

• Options
    Boba first.
  • Options
    I love Mace... when he is in oppose team!
  • Options
    Cashavelli wrote: »
    Boba first.

Boba :D ? He can clean shoes of Cad Bane
  • Options
    Woofy_MC wrote: »
    Lets talk! I know this is posted like once a month, but could we get a rework for windu? He is one of the best Jedis out there in the Star Wars Universe, nearly killing Darth Sidious, one of the strongest Sith during his time. In the Lore only Dooku and Yoda could reach his greatness! Windu was so talented with the lightsaber, that he made his own style of fighting! A true master on his own, I would say! He was reworked from time to time wiht minor improvements, but he still seems rather weak and useless. The most important point however: He has a purple lightsaber.........nuff said.

#makewindugreatagain

if you are talking about the episode 3 scene, darth sidious only made it to turn anakin to the dark side. if they were in a real fight poor mace had no chance.
  • Options
    BattlezeD wrote: »

if you are talking about the episode 3 scene, darth sidious only made it to turn anakin to the dark side. if they were in a real fight poor mace had no chance.
    What? Have you watched the fight? Sidious was defeated. He would be killed if anakin didnt show up. Anakin surprised him by choping his hand off. Imagine you fight a guy and and nearly finish him off and I come to you and stab you in the knee...Does that mean that you are the weaker one if you could already kill your opponent? I guess not lol

• Options

What? Have you watched the fight? Sidious was defeated. He would be killed if anakin didnt show up. Anakin surprised him by choping his hand off. Imagine you fight a guy and and nearly finish him off and I come to you and stab you in the knee...Does that mean that you are the weaker one if you could already kill your opponent? I guess not lol

According to book, it was the part of the plan...
  • Options

do you actually believe that the most powerfull sith lord of all time is gonna cry like "i am to weak, please don't kill me". it was all part of a plan to turn anakin to the dark side.

please watch again; https://youtu.be/q0r4jNhG9Z4?t=3m1s
  • Options
    Besides, Mace has already gotten his buff in an update last month.
  • Options

do you actually believe that the most powerfull sith lord of all time is gonna cry like "i am to weak, please don't kill me". it was all part of a plan to turn anakin to the dark side.

But what if Anakin did not show up? Or was it all planed that he arrives at the office and chops Mace up? Why didnt Sidious finish Mace off by himself if he is that powerful? To let anakin feel hate or what? So many questions...
  • Options
    RyanRen wrote: »

I know, but his buffs are so weak, that he does not get useful at all in Jedi Teams
  • Options

But what if Anakin did not show up? Or was it all planed that he arrives at the office and chops Mace up? Why didnt Sidious finish Mace off by himself if he is that powerful? To let anakin feel hate or what? So many questions...

if sidious finish Mace all by himself, anakin would not have been turned to the dark side. sidious is a patient man with very long term plans. you can just see that by looking in to syfo dias and order 66.
  • Options

I know, but his buffs are so weak, that he does not get useful at all in Jedi Teams

At least he has gotten some love unlike Darth Maul or Boba Fett.

These two first and maybe Assajj Ventress then they can go back to Mace Windu. :)
  • Options
    # make Jedi great again
  • Options
    Love on screen, not in game
  • Options
    These are the Jedi worth having: Anakin, Aayla, IGD, QGJ, Lumi, and Fisto (only for potency up in T7 Rancor raid).
  • Options
    Boba than mace!
  • Options
    I agree I run mace at teams in the arena and with a akin lead he crits at 9-15 k, which is good but will only get me to 15th place. He is too slow and is too dependent on JKa and phasma to be useful by himself. I would love to,see him reworked.

George Lucas has been quoted as saying that made would have defeated Sid if anakin hadn't showed up.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

No, it was ambiguous. You cant find a quote that definitevly confirms Sid lets him beat him.
  • Options

He got a rework several months ago (though he was still awful afterwards) and a couple updates ago his damage was buffed. Not sure how fast he is, but he at least hits pretty hard now. Not sure he needs more than he has.
  • Options

Exactly, the only way Palpatin was defeated is if Yoda went with him then it would've been over. But if you noticed Palpatine was "so tired" and couldn't fight back but after Anakin cut off Mace's hand he sat up and frickin' fried him with full power? He was just messing with him because he knew it would push Anakin over the edge to the dark-side.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    MrGrips wrote: »

No, it was ambiguous. You cant find a quote that definitevly confirms Sid lets him beat him.

You have to read a little deeper into it but it's pretty obvious it was part of the plan. Even Yoda couldn't beat Palpatine straight up and Yoda is stronger than Mace, so there's no way Mace could've won.
  • Options
    I must be honest Mace to me is a hidden gem Before I had Palp a QGJ lead jedi handed my rear end to me and mace did a ton of the damage dealing.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

You have to read a little deeper into it but it's pretty obvious it was part of the plan. Even Yoda couldn't beat Palpatine straight up and Yoda is stronger than Mace, so there's no way Mace could've won.

Im not saying it's impossible, as I do think it is possible Sid let him win, but consider two things:

1. In the book, during that fight Mace was Amped up really hard, he was filled with an intense rage and sadness that the leader of the republic was a sith. This bolsters his lightsaber form, Vapaad. He was stronger than hed ever been before, and he was always a great knight.
    2. Star wars, especially when it comes to Jedi fights, doesn't necessarily mean if A beats B, and B beats C, A beats C. Mace has a lightsaber form (Vapaad) that works better than Ataru (Yoda's) versus most dark side users.

Think about Obi vs Anakin, Anakin was generall much more powerful than Obi, he lost in part because his offensive form was countered well by Obi's defensive technique. Yeah, he made a big mistake, but if it wasnt for Obi's technique being a good match for Anakin's, he woulda got cut down and overwhelmed quickly. This also explains why dooku beats obi and doesnt beat anakin as easily in ROTS.
  • Options

Actually remember Mace was in his prime Yoda was old, Yoda is the gran master because of his strength in the force not his light saber skills even though it's obvious he is one of the greatest duelist but Mace was known as the Jedi Champion
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Im not saying it's impossible, as I do think it is possible Sid let him win, but consider two things:

1. In the book, during that fight Mace was Amped up really hard, he was filled with an intense rage and sadness that the leader of the republic was a sith. This bolsters his lightsaber form, Vapaad. He was stronger than hed ever been before, and he was always a great knight.
    2. Star wars, especially when it comes to Jedi fights, doesn't necessarily mean if A beats B, and B beats C, A beats C. Mace has a lightsaber form (Vapaad) that works better than Ataru (Yoda's) versus most dark side users.

Think about Obi vs Anakin, Anakin was generall much more powerful than Obi, he lost in part because his offensive form was countered well by Obi's defensive technique. Yeah, he made a big mistake, but if it wasnt for Obi's technique being a good match for Anakin's, he woulda got cut down and overwhelmed quickly. This also explains why dooku beats obi and doesnt beat anakin as easily in ROTS.

Anakin got beat because he was overly arrogant, cocky, and forgot a basic fundamental of warfare; high-ground has the advantage and Obi Wan was a quiet capable warrior. Arrogance is always your worst enemy in a fight. Anakin had already started turning to the Dark Side by episode 3 and seeing Kenobi injured pushed him a little further over the edge, he used his "hate" to defeat Dooku which is also how Palpatine goaded him into beheading him despite him knowing it was wrong. You already see him turning more to the dark side in Clone Wars too.

Mace was awesome but if Palpatine was truly defeated he wouldn't have had the power to electrocute Mace the way he did. Palpatine cut through 2 Jedi Masters before Mace even reacted to him, Palpatine totally played him. Plus Palpatine needed the scarring to play on the fact that the Jedi attacked him to the Senate and declare Jedi enemy of the state basically. It was all part of the plan.
    Actually remember Mace was in his prime Yoda was old, Yoda is the gran master because of his strength in the force not his light saber skills even though it's obvious he is one of the greatest duelist but Mace was known as the Jedi Champion

I just finished watching Clone Wars actually, nowhere is that really stated. Unless there's some comic that's part of cannon that I'm not aware of. Yoda is the greatest Jedi.
  • Options

Anakin got beat because he was overly arrogant, ****, and forgot a basic fundamental of warfare; high-ground has the advantage and Obi Wan was a quiet capable warrior. Arrogance is always your worst enemy in a fight. Anakin had already started turning to the Dark Side by episode 3 and seeing Kenobi injured pushed him a little further over the edge, he used his "hate" to defeat Dooku which is also how Palpatine goaded him into beheading him despite him knowing it was wrong. You already see him turning more to the dark side in Clone Wars too.

Mace was awesome but if Palpatine was truly defeated he wouldn't have had the power to electrocute Mace the way he did. Palpatine cut through 2 Jedi Masters before Mace even reacted to him, Palpatine totally played him. Plus Palpatine needed the scarring to play on the fact that the Jedi attacked him to the Senate and declare Jedi enemy of the state basically. It was all part of the plan.

I mean I agree that Anakin lost also due to arrogance, but we cant just discredit form type playing a role in fights. I know they dont talk about that in the movies too much, but it plays into how for example, Obi was sent to kill Grevious, because his technique was fit to handle a defense against 4 lightsabers.

Qui Gon lost to Maul in part because his form, Ataru, lacked a defense to the extremely offensive Juyo. That's actually why Obi switches his style to the super defensive Soresu, to do what his master couldnt. This is why, in the Clone Wars, Obi handles Maul decently when he encounters him.

Also dont forget Mace was amped. Normally he was a little worse than Dooku as a duelist, imagine where he'd be in the fight with Sid.
  • Options
    Hey @Darth_Jay77 here is everything canon about Mace
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/mace-windu
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Anakin got beat because he was overly arrogant, ****, and forgot a basic fundamental of warfare; high-ground has the advantage and Obi Wan was a quiet capable warrior. Arrogance is always your worst enemy in a fight. Anakin had already started turning to the Dark Side by episode 3 and seeing Kenobi injured pushed him a little further over the edge, he used his "hate" to defeat Dooku which is also how Palpatine goaded him into beheading him despite him knowing it was wrong. You already see him turning more to the dark side in Clone Wars too.

I mean I agree that Anakin lost also due to arrogance, but we cant just discredit form type playing a role in fights. I know they dont talk about that in the movies too much, but it plays into how for example, Obi was sent to kill Grevious, because his technique was fit to handle a defense against 4 lightsabers.

Qui Gon lost to Maul in part because his form, Ataru, lacked a defense to the extremely offensive Juyo. That's actually why Obi switches his style to the super defensive Soresu, to do what his master couldnt. This is why, in the Clone Wars, Obi handles Maul decently when he encounters him.

Also dont forget Mace was amped. Normally he was a little worse than Dooku as a duelist, imagine where he'd be in the fight with Sid.

The book was pretty interesting when it described Kenobi fighting in how he was filled with the Force. Kenobi was sent because Palpatine wanted Anakin to go and the council didn't want to be told what to do, so they sent Kenobi. Palpatine knew this would happen and would further ****-off Anakin.

Maul was just a superior fighter, period. Kenobi won by shear luck on Naboo and even arrogance on Maul's part. In Clone Wars Kenobi didn't fare too well against Maul. Kenobi was able to disable Savage and get away from Maul otherwise he wouldn't been killed, the only reason he wasn't dead at that point is because Ventress saved him in the first encounter.

Mace never fought Dooku so we don't know that unless there's a legendary account somewhere. "Amped"? At the end of the day it comes down to who is more powerful in the Force, Mace didn't stand a chance. If Palpatine didn't need to use Mace to bring Anakin completely over to the dark side, Mace wouldve been dead in 10-sec's with Kit Fist and the other guy. It was no accident that Palpatine attacked Kashyyk (spelling?). He knew Yoda would go because of the relationship and would leave the council weak with both him and Kenobi gone at the same time. Yoda, Mace, and Kenobi versus Palpatine would've been a different outcome.
  • Options
    Windu died in Episode 3, in my eyes he's no important Jedi. Yoda needs at first a big Buff.
  • Options

The book was pretty interesting when it described Kenobi fighting in how he was filled with the Force. Kenobi was sent because Palpatine wanted Anakin to go and the council didn't want to be told what to do, so they sent Kenobi. Palpatine knew this would happen and would further ****-off Anakin.

Maul was just a superior fighter, period. Kenobi won by shear luck on Naboo and even arrogance on Maul's part. In Clone Wars Kenobi didn't fare too well against Maul. Kenobi was able to disable Savage and get away from Maul otherwise he wouldn't been killed, the only reason he wasn't dead at that point is because Ventress saved him in the first encounter.

Mace never fought Dooku so we don't know that unless there's a legendary account somewhere. "Amped"? At the end of the day it comes down to who is more powerful in the Force, Mace didn't stand a chance. If Palpatine didn't need to use Mace to bring Anakin completely over to the dark side, Mace wouldve been dead in 10-sec's with Kit Fist and the other guy.

I mean there's more than one reason for why things happen, ya know. Also, I think(?) Dooku and Mace did spar as they were Jedi during the same time period. All Ill say now is that Mace is wayyy better than Kit Fisto.