How is this possible....

So the top 3 on my shard are variations of Wiggs with all top tier mods.
Yet... there is one team Old Ben (L), RG, GS, Rey & Leia who can always beat them every night & claim 1st. Took 2 Wiggs teams down tonight. His fastest toon is Leia on 168 & his mods are rubbish... a lot of 1*.
How on earth is this possible when he's faced with Wiggs & a Poe of 251 speed!!

On a side note, I've only just been able to beat a Wiggs team & my team is a lot stronger & faster than this guy!

Confused!

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    You're not the only one. There's a 5* Palpatine team with woeful gear and 1-3* mods that regularly knocks me off #1 at payout time. With the best RNG in the world, he couldn't possibly beat the best teams on my shard. I've reported him to @CG_LucifersDaddy via private message, but heard nothing back.

There are modified clients out there which can produce these results, too many players are getting away with this and EA/CG is not doing enough to ensure fair play.
  • Options
    That's the only thing I can think of...I had a STH Han at 200, maxed Ani and Lando and couldn't beat Wiggs until now. Its just impossible for a team slower than my Nan to so it every night & then plummets 20/30 spots. Bizarre!
  • Options
    I'm not saying y'all are wrong, but you can get to number 1, then put in nothing but an Ugnaught for your next fight and it will look as if you got number one with nothing but an Ugnaught. Maybe these people are cheating, but just because it shows a certain team doesn't necessarily mean they won that rank using that team.
  • Options
    The only thing I can think of with an Old Ben team is excellent dodge rng but they should be able to do it consistently
  • Options
    That's the only thing I can think of...I had a STH Han at 200, maxed Ani and Lando and couldn't beat Wiggs until now. Its just impossible for a team slower than my Nan to so it every night & then plummets 20/30 spots. Bizarre!

My Nan is pretty slow. She died 8 years ago. :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Astateofmind
    160 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Teague wrote: »
    I'm not saying y'all are wrong, but you can get to number 1, then put in nothing but an Ugnaught for your next fight and it will look as if you got number one with nothing but an Ugnaught. Maybe these people are cheating, but just because it shows a certain team doesn't necessarily mean they won that rank using that team.

Hmmm, how would that be possible?

The arena team that shows is the last arena team that you used in arena afaik. So i don't see how it would be possible to win, get the 1st spot and then switch a char.

Plus it would be illogical to get 1st and then switch to a lesser team which would guarantee you dropping a lot. But first explain to me how he can switch chars in the arena team AFTER the fights.
  • Options
    We've had this issue on our server for a while now. I will say this, a speedy ODB / STH combo can take Wiggs down fairly easily. Dodge is the counter to Wiggs, or at least one of them on offense and sometimes hold up on defense. Wiggs is HEAVY reliant on their specials. Ability Block them and they become sitting ducks for a turn.

Although, the kicker here is that Poe / STH with speed and he has no dispel. Still possible though.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Mikepins
    102 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hmmm, how would that be possible?

The arena team that shows is the last arena team that you used in arena afaik. So i don't see how it would be possible to win, get the 1st spot and then switch a char.

Plus it would be illogical to get 1st and then switch to a lesser team which would guarantee you dropping a lot. But first explain to me how he can switch chars in the arena team AFTER the fights.

Quite simple really .
    You wait until lol maybe ten minutes before payout with 2 matches to play
    Win the first one to take first place with main team
    Then start the next one with the crap team or ugnaught so it finishes bang on or after the payout and just leave it for a draw to play out
    That way it shows you claimed first with a crap team .. lol
  • Astateofmind
    160 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Mikepins wrote: »
    Then start the next one with the **** team or ugnaught so it finishes bang on or after the payout and just leave it for a draw to play out
    That way it shows you claimed first with a **** team .. lol

never been in the 1st position so i have no idea. BUT:

AFAIK when you choose your opponent it shows you only the higher than you players. So if you are on 1st spot ... you should get no opponent to fight so no fight.

Ok, just checked a video of a guy that was on 3rd and he had in his list of opponents the guy on 4th. So yeah, it is possible.
  • Options
    Then start the next one with the **** team or ugnaught so it finishes bang on or after the payout and just leave it for a draw to play out

AFAIK when you choose your opponent it shows you only the higher than you players. So if you are on 1st spot ... you should get no opponent to fight so no fight.

Ok, just checked a video of a guy that was on 3rd and he had in his list of opponents the guy on 4th. So yeah, it is possible.

When you're number one you can actually fight 2 3 and 4
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

That's not how it works. It always shows you 4 spots around you. So when you are in first, you can attack 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. It's a way to "stall" first (or whatever position you are in that you might want to stall). It's also a good way to "practice" against certain teams - even if you lose, you maintain your higher rank.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    This is how you can take top spot with a team strong on offensive and then switch to a more defensive team to hold position. Switching to poorer toons clearly does not make good use of this, but it is possible.

I think Astateofmind figured it out, but you always have 3 possible battles regardless of position; 3rd, 2nd, and 1st will always be presented with lower-ranked teams.
  • Options
    One thing to consider is pretty simple really...cooperation. On my shard, for example, there are ~15 of us that found each other here in the forum and communicate in LINE (chat app). We respect each other's payout times and even help each other to climb if necessary. Example: if I can't defeat a player with a better squad than mine I ask politely and he will remove his mods or use a turn and put in an easier squad so I can take his spot before my payout. It is just cooperative game play, but to someone outside of our communication it could look like foul play. Things are not always what they seem.
  • Options
    modbot wrote: »
    One thing to consider is pretty simple really...cooperation. On my shard, for example, there are ~15 of us that found each other here in the forum and communicate in LINE (chat app). We respect each other's payout times and even help each other to climb if necessary. Example: if I can't defeat a player with a better squad than mine I ask politely and he will remove his mods or use a turn and put in an easier squad so I can take his spot before my payout. It is just cooperative game play, but to someone outside of our communication it could look like foul play. Things are not always what they seem.

People really do this? Gross.
  • Options

From the user whose name is "dung beetle". Irony can be so ironic sometimes.

• Options
    ive never benn able to hit 5th from 1. do i need to refresh more
  • Options

Yep, and I have no issues with it. We do it but everyone has different payouts. ONE in our shard (the resident Kraken) just decides he wants to screw a few of us over since he could never beat us before mods.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options

I checked his roster & it's the only semi viable team he can use. As usual, Ive just woken up in the morning & he has dropped 20 places, lol. Very bizarre.