Why is tier VII of the Pit considered easier than tier VI?

I've seen the above statement quite a lot but I was wondering why it is the case. Are the pigs and Rancor physically weaker or is the tier VII considered easier because you're not limited to 25 toons a day? I can understand if it's the latter and the statement is made because they have 40 7*toons.

Furthermore, if it is indeed easier, then why is it? Are the rewards largely reduced to make room for solo shards? Have they weakened the Rancor and pigs because they know you'll only get one shot at it with your A team?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.

Replies

• Options
    Rewards are FAR greater not reduced

Main reason its deemed easier is Rancors HPs are much lower than T6
    Rancor Tenacity is much higher so for TMR your Teebo needs to be around 80+, pigs still pretty easy and with right team set up your Teebo only need to be around 60 to be able to solo
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    it's not easier per se, but once the guild has mastered t7 it's easier than t6 due to lower health.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I wondered the same thing before my guild started doing T7's.

When doing T6's we usually had to wait for at least one character refresh sometimes two.

First time we tried a T7 we couldn't finish it. We got to 25% on P4. We tried it almost a month later after working on 7* and TM teams and we cleared a T7 raid in about 12 hours.

T7 raids do have lower overall health than T6 raids like has already been mentioned. In addition, the planning for T7 raids makes things more organized and effecient.

After finishing a T7 raid where most people only send in one team and it takes 6 hours start to finish, it is definitely easier than doing multiple attacks and waiting for refreshes like in T6 raids.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. This is really good information and clears up the ambiguity. I had to leave my old guild because the leader wanted to do nothing but T5 Pits and there a lot of us that could dump 10M damage on a T6. Lots of players came with me, hoping I'd start a guild and lead them into a golden age. With only 20 members, it's been painfully slow to get the cash together and before I blow it on our first T7, I needed to make sure I wasn't going to spell disaster... This advice will directly affect the future of my fledgling guild. Can't thank you enough. d-(",)-b
  • Options
    SifuSteve wrote: »
    Thanks guys. This is really good information and clears up the ambiguity. I had to leave my old guild because the leader wanted to do nothing but T5 Pits and there a lot of us that could dump 10M damage on a T6. Lots of players came with me, hoping I'd start a guild and lead them into a golden age. With only 20 members, it's been painfully slow to get the cash together and before I blow it on our first T7, I needed to make sure I wasn't going to spell disaster... This advice will directly affect the future of my fledgling guild. Can't thank you enough. d-(",)-b

Make sure you guys are strong enough with only 20 people in your guild. If you all bumrush p1 you may have wasted damage. That being said, soloing the whole raid with one squad is possible but requires good RNG. Two players who each have one good squad can finish the whole raid easy enough.
  • Options

529-746-856 is my ally code.
    I also have a guild with 34 members, but I can "dump" 4-10 members very easy to make room for you guys. You are welcome to join the guild so we can have a complete and strong one.
  • Options

Make sure you guys are strong enough with only 20 people in your guild. If you all bumrush p1 you may have wasted damage. That being said, soloing the whole raid with one squad is possible but requires good RNG. Two players who each have one good squad can finish the whole raid easy enough.
    Yeah, I don't think the rest of the guild will be up to it so when I let them down, I need to have a good reason why.

I managed to do 90% of a tier VI solo (I only stopped because a there were still a few players who hadn't had a shot). The plan was for me to smash out the pigs and grind as much off the Rancor as possible, then let the others come in to get on the scoreboard. But if the enemy are more tenacious, there's a chance I could fail early and let everyone down.

I've been directing them for the last couple of months to build a Teebo team but none are quite where they need to be yet. Morale is still quite high but we might need that extra something if we don't get more bods through door soon.

@DarthSide Thanks for the offer bud but I've stuck with my crew for the last few months and I don't think I'd get them to stick with me again if we migrate to another guild where I'm not calling the shots. But hey... you're welcome to come and bolster our ranks. PM your thoughts if you want to discuss more on the subject.
  • Options
    I've done the half sized guild thing, and it isn't fun. I STRONGLY recommend you advertise your guild on these forums and on Reddit. Even if they can only send in a single squad on p4, you'll need their help as finishers. It will also help you raise more coins to start raids more often. Combining with another small guild is even better.

Because you will be short on guild members, you will also want to carefully plan things (use Line, Groupme, etc) so no damage is wasted. There are a lot of good guides out there, but the most important guideline is that if they don't have a good p1 team (and you can solo it) make sure they wait until p2.