Sidious

Is sidious that essential? I already have my a team, and was just looking for something else to use my pvp creds on.

Doing ig88 now. I have greedo already at 7 star as well

Replies

• Options
    You have greedo 7* before Sid? How did that happen?

Most people would say yes to Sid mainly for his heal immunity debuff in arena, he's also pretty big for dark side battles.
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    You have greedo 7* before Sid? How did that happen?

Most people would say yes to Sid mainly for his heal immunity debuff in arena, he's also pretty big for dark side battles.

Not only how--but why? Sid is a beast.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Sid fun, hes really easy to kill but definatly a great great toon reguardless
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If Sid had more HP he would be prob the best char in game. Right now there are better chars for pvp so your seeing him less in top 10 teams. All his abilities are very good.
  • Options
    Greedo was the first 4 stars I ever had, so I promoted him up. Loyalty and all, but he's not in my a team anymore so :wink:

I'm mostly asking for GW purposes. I just auto in arena cause I'm lazy lol
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Wonderwyrm wrote: »
    Is sidious that essential? I already have my a team, and was just looking for something else to use my pvp creds on.

The thing that kinda sucks for you is that i88 works great with Sid. But you can do fine without Sid. He's just very versatile and good
  • Options
    I have phasma as leader and that won't be changing, s I it guess it's more of him as a filler.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I have phasma as leader and that won't be changing, s I it guess it's more of him as a filler.

No problem. As a filler it's ok. Phasma debuffs enemies. Each debuffed enemy gives i88 a damage bonus. Have any other toons that debuff?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Sid is a very strong individual toon. But you just see him thrown into various constellations, usually with Dooku and Luminara plus another healer. Maybe Phasma too. It certainly isn't bad. But Sid only really shines when somebody uses his unique concept well. Sid+Vader AOE together with IG-88 is an example of a good synergy.
  • Options

No. He is just very convenient and flexible. He goes fast. And tou can still be competitive without him.

• Options
    J7000 wrote: »

The thing that kinda sucks for you is that i88 works great with Sid. But you can do fine without Sid. He's just very versatile and good

Yes. Sid dots the entire team, and IG-88 goes after him always, doing his AoE - and for each enemy with dots IG-88 gets +15% damage. They pair like Brie to Malbec. But other toons also AoE debuff before 88 goes.

• Options
    Just want to know if I'm alone but I'm keeping his AoE at lv5 so that it won't be used as often by A.I. during Arena defense.
    Am I alone on this?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    also consider that fights may not last 4+ rounds...most fights are over before 3-4 turn cooldowns can refresh
    mighty chlorians
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    His AOE is his best attack (imo) and you get damage bonus at lvl 6. I've only heard of people keeping his speed down so that support characters can get their buff off on him before Sid attacks (i.e. Poggle)
  • Options
    TBH I can not find a better Leader right now then Phasma...as long as you have first order characters to go with her the synergy is sound. If you don't counter attack characters work well.
  • Options

How does a 7* greedo perform? His base attack seems good!
  • Options
    Meh, sid is crap cos the whole world has him, have a bit of originality. And because everyone has him you face him so much that you know how to beat him. If I'm lucky i can 1 shot him, ig86 plus hk assist and hes dead. Hes good, but hes so good and has such poor health I don't let him have more than one go.