Raid Han Solo: Please make him shoot the fastest opponent first!!! And not some random guy

I usually hate those "buff this"/"nerf that" posts, but in this case I´d really hope that folks like @EA_Jesse think about it. Raid Han Solo should be fixed so that he always shoots the fastest opponent first (when on defense). This way even the current Speed- /St.Han meta would be mitigated.

DonHaensl

Replies

• Options
    And why?
  • Options
    +1 would make him less of a liability on defense
  • Options
    Tactyou wrote: »
    And why?

Because Han shot first. :p
  • Options
    AggelosV82 wrote: »
    And why?

I know lol but that would defeat the purpose of the speed modding...
  • Options
    Not necessarily. If he shoots (and crits) Biggs, and Biggs is fastest (very possible), then he stuns him and instantly gives him 100% TM - then you lose one of your characters.

Raid Han should have a list of TM boosters, i.e. STH, Poe and JE, and shoot accordingly.

I hear all the arguments that attacking should be easier etc. but I find the concept of purposely dumbing down artificial "intelligence" (important word) to be ridiculous. In the absence of being able to play real people in real time, the AI should at least simulate human behaviour to the best of its ability.
  • Options
    He always hits my palp 1st. The little git.
  • Options
    I don't like this. In that case they should look at every turn order and stuff in the arena. AI doesn't always go for a kill when time is given. Sometimes it goes for another target and the "almost dead" toon suddenly heals or a tank taunts. Nah, raid Han should shoot a random guy unless Greedo is there.
    Rrraarrwhhgwwr - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)
  • Options
    And why?

Everything in the game should have a counter. Rock/Paper/Scissors.

Right now speed has no counter besides more speed.

I say this as someone with a 250+ ST Han. Don't like using this tactic.
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Not necessarily. If he shoots (and crits) Biggs, and Biggs is fastest (very possible), then he stuns him and instantly gives him 100% TM - then you lose one of your characters.

Raid Han should have a list of TM boosters, i.e. STH, Poe and JE, and shoot accordingly.

I hear all the arguments that attacking should be easier etc. but I find the concept of purposely dumbing down artificial "intelligence" (important word) to be ridiculous. In the absence of being able to play real people in real time, the AI should at least simulate human behaviour to the best of its ability.

I completely agree! Yet it would be a first step into the right direction to always target the fastest opponent first....I mean: he shoots first! No matter what the mods say ;-)
    And especially with all this TM boosters out there (and St.Han helps to win single handed a match if he goes first) Raid Han Solo should be able "intelligently" counter this.

I think having a list of specific characters to shoot first makes it very complicated to program. As then you would need a list for every single char. And you need to maintain it everytime a new TM Boost character is being introduced.

Therefore: for starters I would be WAY more happier if he shot the fastest opponent. Simple and easy. Otherwise I don't use him at all for defense as it is way too random who will be stunned by Raid Han Solo.
  • Options
    Satyg wrote: »
    I don't like this. In that case they should look at every turn order and stuff in the arena. AI doesn't always go for a kill when time is given. Sometimes it goes for another target and the "almost dead" toon suddenly heals or a tank taunts. Nah, raid Han should shoot a random guy unless Greedo is there.

Dude! We are not talking about complicated algorithms during an arena match. I am just asking for Raid Han Solo to INITIALLY shoot (and hopefully stun) the fastest opponent. By that it would be a fair counter to speed mods. As @slickdealer already mentioned: Right now there is no real counter to a super fast St.Han then a faster St.Han. And I am having a 240Speed St.Han myself (with Lando lead). But it is **** from my point of view that only this is defining matches....fasted St.Han wins. Wow. How inspiring.

Raid Han Solo IS in fact a super counter to those super speedy characters. But only on offense. On Defense he is not usable at all. And this is kinds sucks. Especially when you think about how difficult it is to get this character...
  • Options
    DonHaensl wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »

I completely agree! Yet it would be a first step into the right direction to always target the fastest opponent first....I mean: he shoots first! No matter what the mods say ;-)
    And especially with all this TM boosters out there (and St.Han helps to win single handed a match if he goes first) Raid Han Solo should be able "intelligently" counter this.

I think having a list of specific characters to shoot first makes it very complicated to program. As then you would need a list for every single char. And you need to maintain it everytime a new TM Boost character is being introduced.

Therefore: for starters I would be WAY more happier if he shot the fastest opponent. Simple and easy. Otherwise I don't use him at all for defense as it is way too random who will be stunned by Raid Han Solo.

Honestly, having seen it first hand (and making the mistake of shooting Biggs with Raid Han), everyone would set their fastest character to Biggs and Raid Han would be worse than useless. It wouldn't help, it would actually damage Raid Han further.

I was aiming for Wedge, by the way ... **** orange jumpsuits, they all look the same.
  • Options
    See I don't dislike this idea however it wouldn't take long for people to realise this fix and make STH the second fastest toon in the squad

Damned if you do damned if you don't

A priority list might just be needed here not just speed but threat level too

Since boosting stats on lando I've found AI routinely targets him first above other toons which wasn't the case previously
  • Options
    And why?

And why?

Raid Han shoots first already, having him always target the fastest toon in defense isn't necessary. What to counter raid han then?
  • Nightwolve
    582 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Please make Biggs shooting the most important character first....
  • Options
    Choose your target on offence, and let ai decide on defence. Or don't put raid han on your defence squad
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Again, I don't think you realize what you're doing to some teams when you do this.

When I fight a JE droid team, and I have Raid Han on my squad, and his stun lands, I win 100% of the time. And I've been told that even on defense, on the chance my Han stuns JE, they have no chance. Should we completely negate a team (and probably others) just so one character can be better on defense?

Right now he's gamechanging on offense and mediocre on defense. What you're proposing will make him a necessity on every team and make every arena match a worse coin flip than Poe back in the day.
  • Options
    KingPin wrote: »
    See I don't dislike this idea however it wouldn't take long for people to realise this fix and make STH the second fastest toon in the squad

Damned if you do damned if you don't

A priority list might just be needed here not just speed but threat level too

Since boosting stats on lando I've found AI routinely targets him first above other toons which wasn't the case previously

I found that making Anakin more beefy keeps the focus off him and let's him unleash havoc. It's worth the minor sacrifice in offense mods.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!