Tenacity Down "improvement"

IvoB1987
494 posts Member
edited September 2016
From the patch notes:

"Tenacity Down has been improved to reduce Tenacity by the same amount that Tenacity Up increases Tenacity"

Does this mean that it is a lot worse for using in the raid? Before it was the case that if you rely on Tenacity Down for the raid you wouldn't have to care for your characters' Potency. But now I guess it does have some value.

Replies

• Options
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    From the patch notes:

"Tenacity Down has been improved to reduce Tenacity by the same amount that Tenacity Up increases Tenacity"

Does this mean that it is a lot worse for using in the raid? Before it was the case that if you rely on Tenacity Down for the raid you wouldn't have to care for your characters' Potency. But now I guess it does have some value.

This means nothing like that. Tenacity up provides 9999% tenacity. Tenacity down used to provide something like -1000% tenacity. Its changed to make it -9999%. In the raid context on its own, nothing changes, you will still hit min resist.
  • Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    From the patch notes:

This means nothing like that. Tenacity up provides 9999% tenacity. Tenacity down used to provide something like -1000% tenacity. Its changed to make it -9999%. In the raid context on its own, nothing changes, you will still hit min resist.

Aah ok. that's good to hear :)
  • Options
    Devs clarified that here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/689813/#Comment_689813

"It used to be that if a unit had both Tenacity Up and Down, Up would win and they would always resist everything. Now they are equal so a unit with both will have the Tenacity they would have without either buff.

The base 15% resist chance is still there and is not overridden."

Summarized: No difference for raid.