Tier VIII as a bonus tier

3Edward9
486 posts Member
edited September 2016
I think we are not the only guild that can finish tier VII in an hour if we don't limit number of attacks, only a few more than half of our members are needed to finish a T7.

Hopefully, tier VIII could be added as a bonus tier just like the recent tier II events to make the raid a little more challenging and exciting.
Post edited by 3Edward9 on

Replies

• Options
    would not mind that, a couple guilds i know including mine could finish a heroic raid in 30 minutes or less if we wanted to.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Try 20 minutes and still only one attack per person
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Many of us have been hoping for a T8 raid for some time. Doesn't even have to have better rewards, just more HP.
    Most guilds can clear T7 with just 1 or 2 members.
    Also, it would be nice if all members automatically qualified for rewards without having to pointlessly log 0 damage.
  • Options

tier 8 would be a lot of fun!
  • Options
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Why? For what I'm proposing, you could just stick with T7.

• Options
    Zarbax wrote: »

I see the challenge of T7 being the fact that coordination is required for the good of the guild. Adding a T8 turns it back into a faceroll that we got rid of when we moved on from T6. It would also be a waste of developer resources while there is still so much missing content and so many bugs.
  • Options
    Plus 1. We can complete in less than 30 min and would like an added challange
  • Options
    I'm looking at it in terms of effort required for the devs. I'd imagine that adding a new tier with a larger health pool would be relatively quick and easy to create and implement.
    I'm a guild leader and I'd welcome any change/addition to make the job less labour-intensive.
    I'm with you regarding your comment on coordination. It's not really catered for in-game though. We have to use a 3rd party app for that.
  • Options
    I'm looking at it in terms of effort required for the devs. I'd imagine that adding a new tier with a larger health pool would be relatively quick and easy to create and implement.
    I'm a guild leader and I'd welcome any change/addition to make the job less labour-intensive.
    I'm with you regarding your comment on coordination. It's not really catered for in-game though. We have to use a 3rd party app for that.

Definitely an issue there. We use Discord, and it's great, but a bummer we can't do it in-game. But a better chat would be a better use of dev time. There is a 99.9% chance that implementing a new tier is not just copy and paste. Better off just waiting for the new raid, which will hopefully be better balanced.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options

I see the challenge of T7 being the fact that coordination is required for the good of the guild. Adding a T8 turns it back into a faceroll that we got rid of when we moved on from T6. It would also be a waste of developer resources while there is still so much missing content and so many bugs.

The only coordination needed in T7 is to get rewards to as many as possible, as it's way too easy for 30+ guild members, and in my guild most are proud f2p (I'm not), I've even benched myself with a zero in raids, so others can get the Han shards
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Lol.. We just need 1 for p1 and 5 for p2-4 haha . By the way im stuken in this guild with just 10 active members and 40 lowlevel whatever .. Looking for a new one .. I myself am able to do 500k dmg . Having 17 7* some maxed out and a rly wide rooster.. Im active af and f2p .arena pending between10-30 at payout .. Looking for a top 30 guild with cool members, and a name.. Im unable to use discord or line, cuz of a nasty spiderapp, which keeps me away from klicking on the newest messages/log in. So if u are interested in a new members, let me know via pm.. Btw im 21 years old
  • Options
    Tier 8 bonus tier. No rewards just for fun.
  • Options
    I don't get the post. You can make the raid as difficult as you want by choosing which phase and characters you want to use. If it's too easy with the meta toons, stop using them. Limit one in your squad. Two? Whatever works for you.

The tier you're asking for is coming in a NEW raid for all of us lucky enough to find the Rancor easy. There are plenty who still don't. I'd much rather they spend their time tightening up the new raid/content and work on existing bugs than wasting any time on the Rancor. You don't need something shiny and new every week when you can use your mind to manipulate the content here. Look at it as ano opportunity to try different squad combos.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    Just wait for the new raid, no need for the developers to waste time and resources on adding another tier.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Do you think they will keep the tuning but just add more HP? Don't you think they would buff the T7 rewards? You should be careful what you ask for.
    Just set up 0 damage and restrict the teams/damage. Or split your guild into two and get higher rewards for everybody.
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I don't get the post. You can make the raid as difficult as you want by choosing which phase and characters you want to use. If it's too easy with the meta toons, stop using them. Limit one in your squad. Two? Whatever works for you.

The tier you're asking for is coming in a NEW raid for all of us lucky enough to find the Rancor easy. There are plenty who still don't. I'd much rather they spend their time tightening up the new raid/content and work on existing bugs than wasting any time on the Rancor. You don't need something shiny and new every week when you can use your mind to manipulate the content here. Look at it as ano opportunity to try different squad combos.

Just a thought.

This

But I do certainly agree that everyone should get into the rankings with 0 damage no matter what.
  • Options
    At the moment I'm limiting my guild to 0 damage for the first 24 hours. To allow for a variation on top 20s each raid, everyone who finished lower than 20th in the previous raid may use 1 team without TMR(turn meter reduction) during the first 24 hours. Members already with a 7* Han just do a 0. It just seems that week on week we're having to concoct more convoluted means of raiding. All of my members have had to dedicate themselves to developing raid teams, and for what? If you have 3 guys with good teams, the other 47 members needn't bother making an effort. Just have 1 7* toon and log a 0.
    Idk... There was more to this post, but what's the point?
  • Options
    We have several people in our guild who can solo it in 20 minutes
  • Options
    Mithikx wrote: »
    We have several people in our guild who can solo it in 20 minutes

Solo the whole raid in 20 minutes?
    I don't think so, but if you have a video...
  • Options
    Most guilds can clear T7 with just 1 or 2 members.

Most? Bold claim. In fact, reading your post is a lot like AKjNM95.gif
  • Options
    I admit that "most" was a bad choice of word. There are quite a few though. My point is still valid.