So why have the character values been raised ? Did the stats change ? Or mods ?

Any idea what the impact was on why the characters now have a way higher value ? I´ve seen Chewbaccas now with 10k+

But as far as I can recognize are the stats the same. Do Mods now have a bigger impact on the char value ? But their stats are also the same as pre-patch....so why did it rise then ?

DonHaensl

Replies

• Options
    There was a note in some game update post about this: the power rating now weighs some mods values a bit more. This probably helps making the power value a little less of a joke.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    depends on what information you choose to believe. It has been explained in the patch/update notes like @tiggus said.
    but according to some people in the general discussion they nerfed toons !!!!
    ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    depends on what information you choose to believe. It has been explained in the patch/update notes like @tiggus said.
    but according to some people in the general discussion they nerfed toons !!!!
    ;)

Cannot see any nerf, all works fine and exactly like before the patch. Only the number of the power has changed.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    Like when you had tenacity on the plus mod and it didn't increase power much if it did at all. Potency, protection and crit change / damage had higher values than the other statistics.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    true had #1 guy on my shard had scraif 3 stars at power level 7020. ****????
  • Options
    My Fives raised from 8000 Power to 8600 Power over the night
  • Options
    My Fives raised from 8000 Power to 8600 Power over the night

And is he better now?
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Nuttygunner
    243 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    They basically changed it so that the stat increase types(Offense, Offense %, Defense, Defense%, etc...) don't have their own power modifiers. Those stat increase types are calculated in to the corresponding "base stats" that have their own powerPerStat calculations.

For this to make sense you have to understand that when you see "Offense" ingame it is both ATTACK_DAMAGE and ABILITY_POWER, when you see "Defense" it is both SUPRESSION_RATING and ARMOR_RATING (resistence aand armor). Those "Offense" and "Defense" stats had their own powerPerStat ratings before instead of using ATTACK_DAMAGE and ABILITY_POWER powerPerStat ratings. It would add up all the power of your ATTACK_DAMAGE before adding "Offense" or "Offense %" to the stat, and then it would use the "Offense" and "Offense %" values by themselves and use their own powerPerStat ratings to calculate the power contributed by each of them.

Some example powerPerStat: ATTACK_DAMAGE is 0.6 and ABILITY_POWER is 0.33 but before the change, "Offense" was 0.99 and "Offense %" was 21.57

Changes to powerPerStat

Removed (previous powerPerStat)

ARMOR_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (1)
    SUPPRESSION_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (1)
    OFFENSE (0.99)
    DEFENSE (4)
    DEFENSE_PENETRATION (4.8)
    EVASION_RATING (2)
    CRITICAL_RATING (2.55)
    EVASION_NEGATE_RATING (2)
    CRITICAL_NEGATE_RATING (2.55)
    OFFENSE_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (21.57)
    DEFENSE_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (8.2)
    DEFENSE_PENETRATION_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (9.84)
    EVASION_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (2)
    EVASION_NEGATE_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (2)
    CRITICAL_CHANCE_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (2)
    CRITICAL_NEGATE_CHANCE_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (2)
    MAX_HEALTH_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (6.67)
    MAX_SHIELD_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (5.49)
    SPEED_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (1.23)
    Added (new powerPerStat)

DODGE_NEGATE_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (1)
    DEFLECTION_NEGATE_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (1)
    ATTACK_CRITICAL_NEGATE_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (1)
    ABILITY_CRITICAL_NEGATE_PERCENT_ADDITIVE (1)
    DODGE_NEGATE_RATING (1)
    DEFLECTION_NEGATE_RATING (1)
    ATTACK_CRITICAL_NEGATE_RATING (1.3)
    ABILITY_CRITICAL_NEGATE_RATING (1.25)
    Hope all this makes sense. And I am like 99% sure this is right. I haven't implemented the new power calcs yet, but what they changed in the PowerPerStat table is there and at glance of the updates my explanation fits what I am seeing (it's complicated)

Czarbass From Reddit
  • Options
    TLDR, so galactic war will be harder now huh?
  • Options
    TLDR, so galactic war will be harder now huh?

I haven't noticed a change. The only change to GW that I would expect is that this could end some of the "easy" node 11 and 12's that people were running into because their power was so high.
  • Options
    My Fives is now 9747 power.... no different to before... hes still a god :wink: