best GW strat: attack healers or dps first?

I have been going for the healers first, but, am I doing it wrong? Also I've been ability blocking either tanks mostly. Good moves?

Replies

• Options
    I'm running 3 healers, and I smash healers first unless there's a dooku, sid or maul, they get top priority. 3 for 3 on clears since the update
  • Options
    I go for a DPS kill first unless it's an Old Daka. I'll use Dooku to stun a jedi (usually Lumi or JC), Lumi to ability block a healer, and then unload on the DPS.
  • DiscoSlice
    275 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ok ty guys, is Dooku at 3 * not worth it? Everyone else I'm using currently is 4/5*.

I'm using 5* Lumi (L), 5 * Sid, 4* Luke, 4* JC, 4* Fives mainly.
  • Options
    For me i just leave Dooku alone because he can deal greater damage when he can counterstrike(but if u can one shot him just take him out).
  • Andrew
    202 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    Ok ty guys, is Dooku at 3 * not worth it? Everyone else I'm using currently is 4/5*.

He'll die quickly, but since he usually goes first in a battle he'll always get his stun off, which is primarily why I still use him in both GW and Arena. So, yes he is still useful but make sure to max his gear out as well as his force lightning to maximize his effectiveness

• Options
    thanks Andrew. Can I ask you also if I should farm Lumi to 7* or can I alternate with her and Phasma? My Phas is only 3* and I use her in Arena as leader mostly.
  • Options
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    thanks Andrew. Can I ask you also if I should farm Lumi to 7* or can I alternate with her and Phasma? My Phas is only 3* and I use her in Arena as leader mostly.

You can if you want to, but since you're still in the early stages of the game think carefully of what your end team is going to be. I've been alternating leveling between Lumi (6*) and Phasma (6*) and they've both served me well in my team set up.

Lumi is definitely the safe choice to 7* because even if you stop using her in Arena, her heals will be vital to your success in GW. Phasma is very good too, but requires more thought into who you put into your lineup in arena. You want a good team synergy with Phasma like Fives, Dooku, Geonosian, Kylo etc, whereas Lumi can fit into most team compositions.

Think carefully about your decision because it takes a lot of time and resources once you start getting towards the end game!
  • Options
    I generally go for Sid first because having a toon get healing immunity on them can make GW tricky sometimes
  • Options
    I generally go for Sid first because having a toon get healing immunity on them can make GW tricky sometimes

Sid and Ben Solo
  • Options
    jfgibson wrote: »

Sid and Ben Solo

Going after Kylo always depends if he has his counter buff or not. Simply saving him for last isn't always optimal
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I usually kill the healer(s) first , Lumi is usually my first target, if she's on the team
  • Options

Sid and healers: I go for Sid first

Sid, Kylo and others: Same abive, but bring Barris.

Poe and glass canons: sent a b-team to soften and waste specials. They all die but worth it.

Leia, FOTP, QGJ plus other: send B-team with at least two high HP chars. You need To exhaust all specials. B-team weara Poe.

Leia and FOTP w/no taunter: FOTP...Leia will steath. Variant: try to stun her. I bring onky 95% hp chars. All need to be 12k+. No IG-88, or 5* FOTP.

Droid classic team (HK, Poogle, 88, 86, healer): kill 88, 86, healer, HK, poogle.

Droids w/Poe: soften w/ B-team. It can be also killed w/ fast chars and AoE (like Sid and IG-88) later without softening. If IG-88 is 7* (almost always) he will do 7000 on crits...

Healer team: kill Lumi first, the Daka, the JC, Talia. If I am not using high dps, kill weakest healer first.

High dps nughtmare team (Geo, QGJ, FOTP Resistance Pilot, Darkbigger, Hoth, etc), bring Sid (soften them), Daka, Dooku, and 2 high damage. You want to delay them as much as possible.

Nightsisters: doesn't matter but bring 3 healers to come out 100% and 2 healers with cooldown reset. Kill Talia first, the asajj, then Daka, then ....

Phasma, No taunter: bring Talia, heal on first turn. phasma dies before 40% turn meter.

Phasma w/taunter like Poe: kill Poe first. Do not even AoE, just kill Poe asap.

Phasma, Poe, QGJ, Geo, FOTP/Leia: send C-team, send B- team, procasstinate, get to forum and post some nonesense, come back, send D-team...send A-team. Reset. More procastination abiut the 4x from Leia. Now send A-team, finish Poe, focus down FOTP, try to kill Leia but notice she is invisible, that Geo...how annoying...kill him. There, one of your chars dead. Hope Daka revives, another dead char. Geo dies, Leia is not proc. 4x fortunately, kills Leia. Or did Inkill QGJ first? Anyway, kill em all!

• Options
    I usually go for DPS first. If you cripple their DPS early then healers are actually kinda your friend because they prolong the battle allowing cooldowns to reset. Nothing better than leaving them with a Chewie and a Barriss :D
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Daka > DPS (with fotp/Rey/Sidious at the top of the list) > Everyone else

Daka cause revives are annoying. DPS next cause with healing immunity healers are irrelevant.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I always stun who i can stun first w dooku. Then i take out glass cannons (FOTP, Rey, Resistance Pilot, Luke ect). Then I determine if I can take out another squishy before the healer can move. If not then I focus on healer.

I try to manipulate healer by healing immunity on a character and watch them heal nothing when I can. Any chance to waste an enemies turn is worth it.
  • Options
    Ok guys.. today i'm really fu...ed..
    I'm lev 61, in node 8 i've fought vs Leia Poe Sidious Luminara Kilo all full stars max gear lev 52..
    in node 9:
    Screenshot_2016_01_18_09_41_22_1.jpg
    Any suggestion? :D
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    ilyanor wrote: »
    I'm lev 61, in node 8 i've fought vs Leia Poe Sidious Luminara Kilo all full stars max gear lev 52..
    in node 9:

Throw in some cannon fodder to eat their specials. Once those toons die and you lose, you can go back in with your mains and clean house.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    ilyanor wrote: »
    in node 9:

Throw in some cannon fodder to eat their specials. Once those toons die and you lose, you can go back in with your mains and clean house.

The real problem here are their normal attacks.. Anti heal debuff, multi stun and bonus attack.. really 'i ve tried everything, but i can't sustain this battle, for today i think it's over..
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Old Daka first, Sid then big but squishy attackers next. But depends on what RNG gives you. If your first string of attacks miss, restart and go after the next guy.
    Post edited by Chico on
  • Options
    I'm farming Poe in Cantina rewards, should it be Old Daka???
  • Options
    To add a bit to the anti Sid/Kylo strat.

You can buy time using Barriss to equalize through the immunities while you kill the priority targets. I do this when facing Sid/Kylo and there is a leia or FOTP on the field.

Once the glass cannons are down Sid gets easier to manage and by the time Kylo has a few immunities on you, Barriss will be ready again. (Unless it's over by that point.)
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    High dps nughtmare team (Geo, QGJ, FOTP Resistance Pilot, Darkbigger, Hoth, etc)
    Sorry for OT but is Biggs really strong enough for a DPS team? I have him at 2 stars and lvl48 or so and he's really weak.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Sid and healers: I go for Sid first

Sid, Kylo and others: Same abive, but bring Barris.

Poe and glass canons: sent a b-team to soften and waste specials. They all die but worth it.

Leia, FOTP, QGJ plus other: send B-team with at least two high HP chars. You need To exhaust all specials. B-team weara Poe.

Leia and FOTP w/no taunter: FOTP...Leia will steath. Variant: try to stun her. I bring onky 95% hp chars. All need to be 12k+. No IG-88, or 5* FOTP.

Droid classic team (HK, Poogle, 88, 86, healer): kill 88, 86, healer, HK, poogle.

Droids w/Poe: soften w/ B-team. It can be also killed w/ fast chars and AoE (like Sid and IG-88) later without softening. If IG-88 is 7* (almost always) he will do 7000 on crits...

Healer team: kill Lumi first, the Daka, the JC, Talia. If I am not using high dps, kill weakest healer first.

High dps nughtmare team (Geo, QGJ, FOTP Resistance Pilot, Darkbigger, Hoth, etc), bring Sid (soften them), Daka, Dooku, and 2 high damage. You want to delay them as much as possible.

Nightsisters: doesn't matter but bring 3 healers to come out 100% and 2 healers with cooldown reset. Kill Talia first, the asajj, then Daka, then ....

Phasma, No taunter: bring Talia, heal on first turn. phasma dies before 40% turn meter.

Phasma w/taunter like Poe: kill Poe first. Do not even AoE, just kill Poe asap.

Phasma, Poe, QGJ, Geo, FOTP/Leia: send C-team, send B- team, procasstinate, get to forum and post some nonesense, come back, send D-team...send A-team. Reset. More procastination abiut the 4x from Leia. Now send A-team, finish Poe, focus down FOTP, try to kill Leia but notice she is invisible, that Geo...how annoying...kill him. There, one of your chars dead. Hope Daka revives, another dead char. Geo dies, Leia is not proc. 4x fortunately, kills Leia. Or did Inkill QGJ first? Anyway, kill em all!

+1
    Send in the A-team.....I love it when a plan comes together.
    I pity da fool what can't strategize in GW.
    I can just see Sid, Lumi, Leia, QGJ and FOTP piling out of a black panel van. Lol
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Is Biggs really good? I haven't started farming him.