Defense Mods

Can anyone explain the use of defense mods? I've been simming five dot defense mods and have a few of them. What character types benefit most from them and what the actual mechanic is. Forgive me if I'm living under a rock but I'm guessing it increases armor, I'm wondering it boosts resistance too? Thanks

Replies

• Options
    I'm guessing Defense mods are the least sought after of all the mod types.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Defense mods aren't really "sought after" when you notice one in your inventory it's kinda like "huh how'd that get there? I should sell it but eh I'm lazy"

Defense does increase armor, but at such a low gain it's almost never worth it. Did a bunch of testing at the start and on 5s (character with highest armor value) with a defense set you can raise it exactly.... 1%, 1% damage reduction for a set of 2 mods is not worth it on anyone with the edge case of maybe Commander Cody.
    To put it into perspective you can gain more survival with a single set of hp mods than all 3 sets of defense
  • Options
    From what little tweaking I did it seems the also affect resistance. No idea what level of damage reduction it translates into. I have so many 5 dot defense primary level 15 health mods. The circle and diamond mods are mostly primary - defense. Appreciate the info, ty.