Can someone explain this players behavior in my bracket.

There's this guy who always ranks around 2-4 during my prize receiving time who keeps refreshing and trying to beat the #1 guy and failing. I dont understand this logic, even if he does get #1, he's losing far more crystals, either that or he's hacking and gets unlimited tries. He's done this the past 3 days, and I've had to rank #2 each time. Naturally I'm salty that I couldn't contest for the #1 spot, but I'm also curious on why he's doing this. Is there something I'm missing? The only logical answer I can think of is he's hacking somehow for unlimited tries, his team is super mediocre, and he always hangs around the top 10 the next day, while I see leia/pilot teams get pushed outta top 20.

Replies

• Options
    How do you know he is refreshing heaps like you stated?
  • ZoloRunningstrider
    142 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It's possible to lock someone up for 15 mins using only 100 crystals.

As far as hacking/exploiting for unlimited tries, I haven't heard of such a thing.
    *doesnt mean it can't exist though*
  • Options
    Wazlinski wrote: »

Yes you need to explain this first.

• returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I was at rank 4 when I sniped his #2 spot today. I was trying to snipe #1, or #2, they were both in battles. I kept refreshing and alternating turns and who to pick a battle with. I finally timed it correctly and I got a battle with him. After I beat him in like 2-3 minutes(there's no way his cooldown was finished), I paid 50 gems so I could insta battle, and the #1 guy was being fought, guess by who? Of course this guy. There was 10 minutes still left so I was thinking meh I'll just wait the 7 mins and try to beat the #1 guy in 3 mins, but he was still in a battle which means he refreshed at least twice. I also see him get booted out from the top 5 only to get back to the #1-4 during the SAME day. There's one team I know he can't beat, so when that team is #1 he's always at 2-4, usually 2. There's no way he has this many battles unless he's refreshing a lot in the same day.

Another example is yesterday I took his rank 1 from rank 2 at 5:53, I paid 50 gems and tried to insta battle but he was refreshing instantly and fought me within 10 seconds, I saw that he already insta refreshed against this other guy at rank 4 who took his spot. So I decided that I'd wait 5 minutes and try and snipe him back at 5:58 since he already spent at least 100 on gems, he was still in a battle till 6, which means he used 150 gems at the LEAST. Why would he go through all this trouble? He basically got the same reward aside from a little extra tokens as rank 4, and he failed today and ended up with the rank 4 reward(if he's in the same timezone - at least the 100 gems he spent).
  • Options
    It's possible to lock someone up for 15 mins using only 100 crystals.

As far as hacking/exploiting for unlimited tries, I haven't heard of such a thing.
    *doesnt mean it can't exist though*

I dont think he's hacking tbh, because he cant beat this one team, and if he hacked he'd figure out a way to beat him with an exploit. I know he spends 100 crystals MINIMUM, I'm guess far more because he's always in the top 10, while other teams aren't, and I've seen him get booted out of the top 5 only to get that #1-5 spot hours later. I dont understand why he keeps refreshing, and wasting gems. He'd benefit far more by just sniping the #2-#3 spot and stop hogging the #1 spot and failing.
  • Options
    Maybe he and the #1 know each other irl or are teaming up to lock you out of battling both of them. Therefore they are guaranteed the #1 & #2 spots each day. Then, after a week they swap spots.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Maybe he and the #1 know each other irl or are teaming up to lock you out of battling both of them. Therefore they are guaranteed the #1 & #2 spots each day. Then, after a week they swap spots.
    I dont think they know each other. I'm pretty positive the #1 guy gets his prize 1 hour before me, and this guy kept on instantly refreshing etc today trying to beat him and kept failing.

The guy refreshed 3 times minimum yesterday, whats the point of locking teams up if you're losing gems? for the extra like 50 arena tokens?
  • Options
    Ok I see he got pushed out to rank 16. Let's see if he climbs back to the top 4 within the next 2 hours.
  • Options
    I'm just not willing to shell out like 100-150 shards to lock up the #1 spot, and possibly get unlucky and out timed by this one guy. Sigh I'm so used to finishing #1, that #2 is such a huge let down and feels like a failure. I still value 50-150 gems over the #1 spot and the arena tokens though.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe it's his buddy. Staying in top 10 is worth spending a lil.

• Options
    He may just be a big spender who is trying to get #1 as he hasn't had it before. Some people care so much about those sorts of things and have more than enough money to throw at it.

Once he gets #1 he may calm down. If not, good luck.
  • Options
    Baal wrote: »
    Maybe it's his buddy. Staying in top 10 is worth spending a lil.

I highly doubt it's his buddy, since he wasn't around the top 4 yesterday. The guy just came out of nowhere 3 days ago, and he's messed me up each time. I could battle with him, and just lock up the #1 guy from 5:39, refresh at 5:45, 5:50, and 5:55 hoping that he doesnt catch me inbetween but I dont see the point of doing this.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If he came out of nowhere then he's probably hacking. The way I understand it is that it effectively gives you unlimited crystals and credits. So that's how they get so many refreshes and Chromiums too. If it isn't addressed soon then you won't be able to tell the difference between a p2w Jedi team and a hackers Jedi team.
  • Options
    If he came out of nowhere then he's probably hacking. The way I understand it is that it effectively gives you unlimited crystals and credits. So that's how they get so many refreshes and Chromiums too. If it isn't addressed soon then you won't be able to tell the difference between a p2w Jedi team and a hackers Jedi team.

He doesn't have unlimited crystals, he's only level 63. He'd be 70 if this was the case. His team is also godawful, he runs
    Dooku
    Sid
    Kylo
    Lumi
    Barriss(copy paste from my google document of teams I have to face lol)

If he hacked he'd have 7 star Leia, Pilot etc. And also he couldnt beat the #1 guy today.
    My post came off as a little salty, and I was probably wrong for that. But I just don't find any other logical reason on why he would refresh that many times unless he's hacking, what is he gaining? Is he trolling? Sigh. I'll just be the #2 no one remembers. I'm not getting into a refresh war with this guy. It's just not worth the gems for me.
  • Options
    He simply wants the #1 spot, is it so hard to believe?
  • Options
    Heronmar wrote: »
    He simply wants the #1 spot, is it so hard to believe?
    Yes, it's hard to believe that people will waste at minimum 100-500 crystals just to get the #1 spot when he'd get far more benefits just sniping 2-3. And it's hard to believe that someone will constantly wnat to get #1 even when it's not their hour to receive the prize, if he had a good team that could defend on defense, it might make some logical sense, but he runs a team that has a 0% chance on defense with teh best RNG.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I was at rank 4 when I sniped his #2 spot today. I was trying to snipe #1, or #2, they were both in battles. I kept refreshing and alternating turns and who to pick a battle with. I finally timed it correctly and I got a battle with him. After I beat him in like 2-3 minutes(there's no way his cooldown was finished), I paid 50 gems so I could insta battle, and the #1 guy was being fought, guess by who? Of course this guy. There was 10 minutes still left so I was thinking meh I'll just wait the 7 mins and try to beat the #1 guy in 3 mins, but he was still in a battle which means he refreshed at least twice. I also see him get booted out from the top 5 only to get back to the #1-4 during the SAME day. There's one team I know he can't beat, so when that team is #1 he's always at 2-4, usually 2. There's no way he has this many battles unless he's refreshing a lot in the same day.

Another example is yesterday I took his rank 1 from rank 2 at 5:53, I paid 50 gems and tried to insta battle but he was refreshing instantly and fought me within 10 seconds, I saw that he already insta refreshed against this other guy at rank 4 who took his spot. So I decided that I'd wait 5 minutes and try and snipe him back at 5:58 since he already spent at least 100 on gems, he was still in a battle till 6, which means he used 150 gems at the LEAST. Why would he go through all this trouble? He basically got the same reward aside from a little extra tokens as rank 4, and he failed today and ended up with the rank 4 reward(if he's in the same timezone - at least the 100 gems he spent).

If he is P2P then that explains a lot. Arena is one of the most showdown place to show who is the best in your server, since he got everything in the game, he just focus on arena....I did 100 gems sometimes in order to maintain #1 spot...so his action still thinkable for me....

"He basically got the same reward aside from a little extra tokens as rank 4 " - - - > If he stays in rank #4 he got only 350 gems...if he spend another 150 gems or less than that to go to #1 spot, he might not get better gems than if he stay in rank #4 but betters rewards in arena coins and the satisfaction feeling of being number #1 in his server....
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

If he is P2P then that explains a lot. Arena is one of the most showdown who is the best in your server, since he got everything in the game, he just focus on arena....I did 100 gems sometimes in order to maintain #1 spot...so his action still thinkable for me....

"He basically got the same reward aside from a little extra tokens as rank 4 " - - - > If he stays in rank #4 he got only 350 gems...if he spend another 150 gems or less than that to go to #1 spot, he might not get better gems than if he stay in rank #4 but betters rewards in arena coins and the satisfaction feeling of being number #1 in his server....

Usually I do something like that since I do not lose any gems (even lost 50 is nothing when you get #1 spot daily) and got more rewards and #1 spot feeling...

sorry for double post...i was going to edit but ended up quoting my post..
  • Options
    It sounds like it's a cashed up player that just wants #1, which we just can't know since this game doesn't allow in game messages /mailing, which I'd love to have. I love sending tales of fun battles to the other people as I respect a good fight :) I've been gaming since I was about 6 or 7, around 1980, and been using online gaming since late 80s, have been a lucky gamer with regards to being localized in Australia.

• returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

If he is P2P then that explains a lot. Arena is one of the most showdown who is the best in your server, since he got everything in the game, he just focus on arena....I did 100 gems sometimes in order to maintain #1 spot...so his action still thinkable for me....

He spent 100 at LEAST today for insta refreshes, yesterday he spent 150 minimum, this is just what I've witnessed. I'm positive he's refreshing more to keep his top 1-10 spot in the past 3 days. At best he's getting 50 more arena tokens lol, would you trade off 50 arena points for 150 gems? I honestly think he's using around 300 gems to refresh, but I haven't actually witnessed this so it's just speculation. I dont know how else he keeps top 10 with his awful team.
    And I dont think he's even at the same time server as me, because I see him getting #1 at other times when he's getting booted too. Whatever though, hopefully he goes away, I dont think he can keep this up much longer.

And today he failed, if he is in the same time server as me, he didnt beat the #1 guy, so he got 200 gems at MOST, but again I dont think he's in my timezone.
  • Options
    @Wazlinski Maybe, eventually it's going to catch up to him. I dont see him lasting in my server by early Feb, I predict he'll be anywhere between 50-100. Hopefully sooner.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

He spent 100 at LEAST today for insta refreshes, yesterday he spent 150 minimum, this is just what I've witnessed. I'm positive he's refreshing more to keep his top 1-10 spot in the past 3 days. At best he's getting 50 more arena tokens lol, would you trade off 50 arena points for 150 gems? I honestly think he's using around 300 gems to refresh, but I haven't actually witnessed this so it's just speculation. I dont know how else he keeps top 10 with his awful team.
    And I dont think he's even at the same time server as me, because I see him getting #1 at other times when he's getting booted too. Whatever though, hopefully he goes away, I dont think he can keep this up much longer.

I understand your concerns...But it still possible...here is what I posted before:
    So today is a good day....18 hrs ago after the reset time, I need 14 SHARDS of JC...I could not wait and Go for 5x shards JC in the shipments (250 gems)...after that I did 2x refill cantina (300gems) to get 100/100 shards....

2v8fk86.png

So

nw0zl4.png

I can wait for 1-2 days more at that time so I would not need to use 550 gems..but ow well, people can get 500 more daily and some of them have lots of saving gems...

If I, as a F2P player can do something like that, so imagine if he is P2P, its no strange at all... thats all from my point of view...
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I understand your concerns...But it still possible...here is what I posted before:
    So today is a good day....18 hrs ago after the reset time, I need 14 SHARDS of JC...I could not wait and Go for 5x shards JC in the shipments (250 gems)...after that I did 2x refill cantina (300gems) to get 100/100 shards....

2v8fk86.png

So

nw0zl4.png

Im, as a F2P can do something like that, so if he is P2P, its no strange at all...

He's not hardcore p2p, he is a little p2p since he has dooku and barriss. I think he might have bought 11k gems though. Maybe he does enjoy the feeling of getting #1, the first couple times I got it I enjoyed it. But I've gotten it over 20 times so I could care less even now. It's more like if I don't get #1, it's a failure, but if I do get #1 it's what's expected if you know what I mean, but at the end of the day gems are the most important. I'm sure eventually he'll feel the same way, and stop wasting gems.
  • Options
    @returnoftheewok
    It's probably just someone who is sick of your "trolling" and is blocking you out of #1 just to spite you. ;)
  • Options
    Every day I'm willing to atleast spend 250 crystals for the top spot lol just bc it's a sure way to get it, and it's only a half the profit loss, but still getting 250 profit of crystals from arena every day isn't too bad
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    And because I have more bragging rights at rank 1 than i do at rank 10 or less...although I haven't done this in while but now that I have a different team now I probably will again lol
  • Options
    I know of people (frat brothers) who are on same "server" and sit there and do this while locking up 3 of the 4 top spots everyday for over 3 weeks now. They sit and chat every night on the computer while saying who is attacking who and when they need to get in the next match. Pretty smart and I have tried doing this on alt accounts with my friends like 5 times to no avail.
  • Options
    Just for the reason's outlined IMO, -numero uno isn't all that officially important, when the system can be manipulated to that extent. That said, I wouldn't lose sleep over something you can't control. Very representative to be top 50 these days.
    IGN: jq
  • Options
    I think it's totally worth to spend 100 even 200 crystals to secure a top spot. If I didn't it's would be difficult some days for me to stay in the top 10. By using refreshes when I can guarantee rank 2 or 1 and get 450, or 500 crystals respectively I still technically come out ahead in crystals AND arena tokens which I think are worth mentioning.