Downloading everytime

Hello,

Since the last update, each time I start GOH, the game is downloading : 1M at the begining, then 4M. In the cantina 61M... I don't have wifi all day long, so sometimes I can't play.

Is it normal ?

Replies

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This is extremely frustrating and costly.

My app data is showing 6GB downloaded by SWGoH since the update!

I have over 2GB free space so this should not be happening.

I have already reinstalled and am also experiencing frequent game crashes.

@CG_Kozispoon
    @EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Deedlit
    118 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My data says I've used over 1.5g since Sep 30 to Oct 2. I've been having to download a lot while navigating through out the game. The latest patch require some fix if this keeps up. I don't even go over 1g playing swgoh for a month. Now I'm over 1g in 3 days.
    Post edited by Deedlit on
  • Options
    Bump, Sep 30 - Oct 5 used 3.03GB of data now due to re redownload on most of clicking ingame
  • Options
    The same for me. I don't know what riggers this but it seems like the downloaded content never makes it on the device permanently. Really annoying.
  • Options
    This happened to me - I cleared all the game data and cache, deleted the game, deleted files on the tablet (even though there was already loads of free space), and then reinstalled.

Been working since then.

It seems the game cache isn't saving to the right place or is thinking there isn't enough space.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help. I deleted the game and clear all. After the new installation, I don't have the same problem.

Back in business...
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    How do you check how much data the app is using? I have had this problem since update, I sure hope I am NOT using 500MEG a day by looking at comments, yikes could get nasty internet bill here.

Geez sometime it is doing this several times a day, really need a fix for this

If you delete the game and all the files etc, and reinstall, how do you know if all your toon levels, account etc everything, how do you know for sure this is going to remain intact?
  • Options
    @jayjonbeach

Under settings>data usage...im at 6g now..ill try to delete cache and uninstall game. Only crappy part is I have to do the tutorial all over again and I did that already when i deleted the cache(i didnt uninstall last time).
  • Options
    I deleted all local data, cache, game, reinstalled and that did the trick.

So apparently swgoh is somehow accumulating local data (don't know for what reason and what this is actually, my app consumed a total of roughly 2GB of local data)
  • Options
    Did you have to finish tutorial before able to log into your googleplay account?
  • Options
    Oh nm, oh wow nice, it gave me an option to log into googleplay. I didnt have to play tutorial for a 5th time..hopefully this will resolve my issue
  • Options
    So it looks that I was not alone!
    By the wifi connection game download 7 giga and by the mobile data connection 400mb, from the last update. I have smartphone that is made for Japanese provider Softbank 301F, and I have android 4.2.2.... so now I have to uninstall the game and all data, and we will see what will happen.
    Dear jayjonbeach if You want to check how much your phone and app. download the data You can check it it advance setting in data usage, in my smart phone I go to settings in wireless and networks and in menu I choose Data Usage, there You can check and even set the limit for the app or the phone.
    Let the force be with You!