Spend money?

- Will this game last long?
- How many players are playing this game on a regular basis?
- Last question.. How big is the gap between F2P and P2W players?
Thanks for your answers already.

Replies

• Options
    For me the question of how long this game will last is completely down to how active and how much you enjoy playing it, and how much time you'll be investing in it, and there are a ton of people playing this game, if that's not already evident and finally being a predominantly F2P player myself the gap really isn't that large if any apart from being a slight fast track at most

They are my personal views others may see differently but yeah :P hope this helps
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'll answer your question through some examples and you can make the final decision.

This game is like drugs. You can puff a free joint each day or use all your life saving on cocaine/ **** and nobody care if you're dead.

I'm talking investing your money to get first place by beating up scripted AI.

Does it worth it? that's your call.

• Options
    G1lly wrote: »

There isn't a big gap, you can beat any p2p team with certain f2p compositions provided you get lucky (not in the case of crits but whose Poe goes first).

And unless you're willing to shell out absurd amounts of money (300$ or close) buying chromiums are not worth it, either buy some crystals for refills or wait around for character packs.

And the game is getting pretty big with thousands of players joining every hour or so (you can check this by creating accounts and top ranks will be different in the new servers every hour).
  • Options
    1. Nobody knows. EA pulled the Plug fast in other mobile Games. If Talking about the content i would say after 1 week its allways the same. After 2 weeks it gets boring but you will do all you need to get your rewards/Heroes/daily quests.

2. You dont realy need other Players. There is no communication with others. You can add 35 Players to your friendlist for double bronziumpoints. There is no real pvp you just Play against player builded teams controlled by a.i.
    You cant play in a Guild or Clan.
    At the moment this game is pseudomultiplayer. But it has many Players.

3. Its a big gap between f2p and big spenders. Because you need to throw thousands into the game to levelup p2w chars. Dropping 200 bucks can give you a small advantage based on your luck in chars because its gambling or let you level faster if you invest in energy.

If you realy want to spend Money wait for a pack that gives you 1-2 chars that you can upgrade without spending more Money. Best you can do is dont spend any money in mobilegames. Sooner or later you will regret it. I dont think you would buy a Hero for 1000 bucks in a pc/console game you allready payed for. So dont spend even more for gambling in a free mobilegame.
  • RogueXI
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    G1lly wrote: »

- I believe this game will keep evolving with new modes (there are extra spaces in the cantina menu screen which Im sure they will keep adding to...hopefully guilds will feature in the near future)
    - More and more people are playing daily at a fast rate :)
    - F2P can be competitive with P2P, The gap is no where near as big as other mobile games. I treat gaming as a hobby so if I spend £30-£40 a month I don't think that is to bad. Before I settled down with my fiancé I was going to the pub 4-5 times a month a spending at least £40-£50 a time which I now go maybe 1-2 times a month, so in the long run its not bad spending a small amount on a game your are enjoying and having fun on
  • Options
    @Jsnazz "You can puff a free joint each day"

Where do you live? Lol
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    The gap between p2w and f2p is there but you can still do well as f2p. Will this somewhat decent balance last? Doubtful since I expect each new update will further the gap.

As for how long the app will last, who knows, although I expect a decent length of time just because it is Star Wars.

When it comes to spending money, that's just a personal decision. If you enjoy it and want to spend then do it. I have no plans to simply because I see some things I do not care for that I consider iffy programming (the AI has a clear boost with proc rates regardless of what defenders say and I don't expect the devs to admit this because only a fool would expect them to admit it) and I don't want to reward the devs for that.
  • Options
    The game has a similar addiction to when i was a kid poping acid... if that helps

I have dropped 1,000 plus on the game already and normally spend 160-500 a fortnight.
  • Options
    This game will last until Disney pulls the plug. Remember Star Wars Assault Teams? That game was like this but, Disney killed it.
  • Options
    Meh, chromiums really depend on luck and how frequently you praise EA. I bought a x8 once and after seeing i got ugnaught 3 times, 2 snowtroopers, 2 lobots and 1 cad bane char I sat down in the corner of the room and cried for the rest of the evening. I have now build a shrine to EA, praying every hour hoping for my next yolo purchase to be only slightly better.
  • Options
    Don't spend money.... enjoy the ride until it's over.... this game has a long way to go to become a quality game, but it seems that any suggestions of ways to improve it go unanswered. It's becoming more and more clear this is a race to make cash for EA and Capital games and like other games EA has run in the past, I suspect once the cash-teat stops producing moolah, they'll pull the plug on this game too, like MANY others in the past.
    I don't care anymore. I tried to be nice, I tried to speak my concerns... you trolls just brought me to the dark side. Way to go. Working as intended.
  • Options
    Honestly pulling is never worth it unless you're willing to invest massive amounts of money. I got "lucky" with yolo pulls and I've pulled both a Qui Gon Jin and a Leia, currently two of the most overpowered characters according to most people in the forums. Neither of those characters will ever be in any of my teams though, since they're stuck at 2/3 stars and very weak.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies I have a clear view now.
  • Dirlyn
    160 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    save your cash for the new mobile MMO coming out in the summer of 2016..... its supposed to change the way we look at mmo gaming (and being released completely cross-platform, mobile and PC at the same time) it will be glorious.
    I don't care anymore. I tried to be nice, I tried to speak my concerns... you trolls just brought me to the dark side. Way to go. Working as intended.
  • Options
    Dirlyn wrote: »
    save your cash for the new mobile MMO coming out in the summer of 2016..... its supposed to change the way we look at mmo gaming (and being released completely cross-platform, mobile and PC at the same time) it will be glorious.

Name?
  • Krix
    99 posts Member
    Options
    Dirlyn wrote: »

How about telling the name of this game you speak of.