How is the enemy strength in GW determined?

Is it depending on the maximum strength of my top toons? Or is it my rank in Arena? If I am rank 200 and go up to 1, does the enemy strength go up or is it staying the same? Some answers would be lovely <3

Replies

• Options
    Fairly certain it's based off the power of the top 5 characters in your roster.
  • Options
    Rank itself has no bearing on Gw difficulty scaling, it appears to be a combination of, or either or, your tops five chars power level and the highest power squad you have won with in arena,
  • Options
    I'm almost certain that it's based on your highest ever arena power. There is a guy in my guild who didn't want GW to get too hard so he has purposefully kept his arena power low. In his inventory he has six maxed toons (gear stars mods lvl80 everything). But in his arena team he has kept two gear 8 toons in the whole time and before the recent update always kept his arena power below 37k. He says he never has trouble with GW and never gets the special ;) node 12 that maxed arena teams seem to get.
  • Options
    There's a 400lb hacker in a bed of Dorito cheese and Mountain Dew bottles who runs you through an algorithm: (dollars spent ^ hours played) / (D20 roll * Game of Life spinner).
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    It's based off your arena power (highest power arena team you have won a match with) and the teams you face each node are within a certain percentage of that score...

This is why you can break GW (if you have a very high arena power score) in the later nodes because there are no opponent teams available with a high enough score to qualify for the node... this is why some people get easy opponents on node 12, 11 or even 9... you get computer generated garbage 3 star teams instead
  • Options
    Fairly certain it's based off the power of the top 5 characters in your roster.

I rather think it is based off the power of the top X characters, where X is greater than 5, but the idea is the same.
  • Bail_Writte
    200 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The difficulty of GW fluctuates. I have days when all my toons are dead by the 12 node and other days like today, we're I don't lose a single toon.

I'm getting shard drop on 10th and 12 node now. It's awesome.
  • Options
    Firman wrote: »
    I'm almost certain that it's based on your highest ever arena power. There is a guy in my guild who didn't want GW to get too hard so he has purposefully kept his arena power low. In his inventory he has six maxed toons (gear stars mods lvl80 everything). But in his arena team he has kept two gear 8 toons in the whole time and before the recent update always kept his arena power below 37k. He says he never has trouble with GW and never gets the special ;) node 12 that maxed arena teams seem to get.

My arena team is only 32k, yet I've been facing 40k squads in GW node 12 this entire week, level 80, full modded 5 stars.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Firman wrote: »

I run droids and was getting special node 12 with an arena power around 37-38k. And they were never my strongest 5 toons.

I was under the impression it was based on top toons and not arena but who knows.