Boba > Dengar?

2Next

Replies

• Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It seems the most successful arena teams right now are built around wiggs and lando with the other two spots being relatively open. I think throwing boba in their as a leader is a viable, but underutilized strategy. The 50% crit damage is no joke.

I can't beat the Danger Zone teams.... Period. But I can smoke droid teams, palpi teams, and old hat teams like Dooku and Rey/RG combos. Rex teams are very hard for me ( because they thrive on crit ) but once in awhile with good rng I can get lucky. So far I'd say the only thing I haven't been able to crack yet with Boba lead is wiggs. That team is legit!!!

• Cor
    124 posts Member
    Options
    Well, with current meta I believe it is better to go with Lando lead and have 29% crit dmg and 15 speed. If speed is not a factor, Wegde lead with offense bonus and tm gain works even better. I guess in certain team compositions Boba lead can be useful, but I have not seen Boba lead teams sitting on top 3 on arena - in fact, I have not seen too much of them anywhere.

Dengar is a different story. He does not suck - in my opinion he is good, on Heroic raid. Still not much help in p1 but he shines in p2-p4. I managed to solo Heroic raid with Dengar, so I would not say he sucks - you just need to use him where he shines ;-)
  • Options
    Cor wrote: »
    Well, with current meta I believe it is better to go with Lando lead and have 29% crit dmg and 15 speed. If speed is not a factor, Wegde lead with offense bonus and tm gain works even better. I guess in certain team compositions Boba lead can be useful, but I have not seen Boba lead teams sitting on top 3 on arena - in fact, I have not seen too much of them anywhere.

Dengar is a different story. He does not suck - in my opinion he is good, on Heroic raid. Still not much help in p1 but he shines in p2-p4. I managed to solo Heroic raid with Dengar, so I would not say he sucks - you just need to use him where he shines ;-)

Yeah sometimes I will switch Boba lead out for Lando if I need that little speed nudge, but I will still have Boba on my team for the ability block. I also like how him and Dengar combine for the aoe dot stack. My point being, I find Boba to be a valuable part of my arena team, even when he is not leader, which is what most people will claim is his only usefullness. I guess I just don't get all the Boba hate. Definately under rated and under used imo.

• Cor
    124 posts Member
    Options
    @Chewplebcca I see your point but I still find more useful toons applying ability block. I prefer IG-88 - with JE he moves fast. Even Vader under EP lead seems to work better with single target ability block (due to other specials and befefits of EP lead). Boba seems to me too slow to make decent use of him on arena - he will use his ability block when everyone fired up their specials and one turn is no issue at all when everything is on cd already.

And to be clear - I do not hate him. I would say I am rather disappointed. I guess that is the feeling some people may share about him. He is a very liked character, I did farm him just to have him at 7* ;-) But considering the amount of gear needed to gear him and all the expectations based on "he's so cool character" I find him a disappointment and see much better toons with both - lead synergies and team usability.
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Cor wrote: »
    @Chewplebcca I see your point but I still find more useful toons applying ability block. I prefer IG-88 - with JE he moves fast. Even Vader under EP lead seems to work better with single target ability block (due to other specials and befefits of EP lead). Boba seems to me too slow to make decent use of him on arena - he will use his ability block when everyone fired up their specials and one turn is no issue at all when everything is on cd already.

I use him with ST Han. So Boba gets it off before the other team even goes. I use both 88 and Boba. I run Boba, Lando, Dengar, 88, and ST Han.
    Post edited by Chewplebcca on
  • Options
    1. Cad Bane (L)
    2. Dengar
    3. Lando Calrissian
    4. Chewie
    5. Ig-88
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    007Ares007 wrote: »
    1. Cad Bane (L)
    2. Dengar
    3. Lando Calrissian
    4. Chewie
    5. Ig-88

That sounds neat. Unfortunately I can't stay in top 10 with Cad lead though. Much less 20-50

• Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I know Boba has a lot of fans, so I was just trying to help them out. I just wanted them to know that he can be legitimately competative in arena. I don't know how else to convince people. My Boba team sits in top 10 with fully geared meta squads, right up there with Wiggs and Rex. Not the best, but far from trash.

But hey, if people aren't having it then better of for me I guess. I'll be more than happy to be the only guy reppin' Boba on my shard lol. I'm actually hoping they don't buff or rework him.

I know of one other guy on the forum that also ardently defends Boba and uses him relatively competitively.
  • Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    Better check out his gearing before u start....

This...he's total gear hog.

• Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    Better check out his gearing before u start....

This...he's total gear hog.

Truth. But compared to Greedo he's a godsend lol

• Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    1minatur wrote: »
    Boba Fett sucks. I was so disappointed. Slow as can be, low health, not very dangerous at all. He needs a complete rework ala Anakin. I'd like to see them retool his abilities, add another ability and give him Clone synergy. He is a Clone, afterall. He really should be a Meta character. And if these boards are any indication, there's widespread support for buffing/changing him and I suspect that one day the devs will give him a full rework and all of a sudden everyone will be scrambling to add him to their meta mix.

He's not a clone. The clones were made from him. Say I have a momma cow and she has babies. It doesn't make the momma cow a baby cow does it?

Jango was the prototype, Boba was his "son" but actually a clone.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jango_fett

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_fett
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    rawman wrote: »
    For credit heist he did the job for me until I got better scoundrels even at 4*/G7, but now since I have a real good scoundrel team I don't use Boba anymore. There are so much better scoundrels around.

Are you serious? I don't mean that in a confrontational way. I'm just curious because my roster is primarily scoundrel focused. I have every scoundrel except Nute and Zam and they are all max geared except GG who is very close. In terms of arena and credit heist I ended up putting many of them on the backburner in favor of Boba and Dengar. I find having Dengar and Boba on my team is much more useful then Cad or Greedo etc... Who are not even that bad themselves. Together they are a key part of being top 10 competitively for me. If I took them out of my line-up, my successful scoundrel arena team would falter.

Out of curiosity, what is your arena team. Obviously Boba, sometimes Lando, lead. Dengar. Who else? Guessing St Han, 88, and maybe Phasma?
  • Options
    I'm with you @Chewplebcca . I've been running Boba lead since January on an early December shard. Post mods I was taking #1 almost every day but lately it's been tough. Still sticking in the top 10 since EP was released but that' when it got harder. Boba(L), Lando, ST Han, Phasma and EP
  • Options
    Klocko wrote: »
    For credit heist he did the job for me until I got better scoundrels even at 4*/G7, but now since I have a real good scoundrel team I don't use Boba anymore. There are so much better scoundrels around.

Are you serious? I don't mean that in a confrontational way. I'm just curious because my roster is primarily scoundrel focused. I have every scoundrel except Nute and Zam and they are all max geared except GG who is very close. In terms of arena and credit heist I ended up putting many of them on the backburner in favor of Boba and Dengar. I find having Dengar and Boba on my team is much more useful then Cad or Greedo etc... Who are not even that bad themselves. Together they are a key part of being top 10 competitively for me. If I took them out of my line-up, my successful scoundrel arena team would falter.

Out of curiosity, what is your arena team. Obviously Boba, sometimes Lando, lead. Dengar. Who else? Guessing St Han, 88, and maybe Phasma?

Yeah Boba, Lando, Dengar, 88 and Han

• Options
    SlaveWon wrote: »
    I'm with you @Chewplebcca . I've been running Boba lead since January on an early December shard. Post mods I was taking #1 almost every day but lately it's been tough. Still sticking in the top 10 since EP was released but that' when it got harder. Boba(L), Lando, ST Han, Phasma and EP

Nice! You've been running it longer than me. Neat to hear.
  • Options
    I use Boba in an all scoundrel squad. Lando (L) sthan, IG88, Chewy. I've got his speed moded to 151+13 from lando lead. Thats not the issue. His Death from Above is more like Announce From Above, but thats still not the issue. The issue is his main wrist blaster attacker - SThan hits for as good numbers!

He just cant compete with the meta, sadly.
  • Options
    dengar kit kinda annoys me, i mean his basic work on a debuffed opponent except stun atk, rest of his kit rely on crit and dodge mechanic.
    not to mention most scound leaders use utility around for crit chance/evasion also many scoundrel toon doesn't have debuff on basic.
    the cake is a lie
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I use Boba in an all scoundrel squad. Lando (L) sthan, IG88, Chewy. I've got his speed moded to 151+13 from lando lead. Thats not the issue. His Death from Above is more like Announce From Above, but thats still not the issue. The issue is his main wrist blaster attacker - SThan hits for as good numbers!

He just cant compete with the meta, sadly.

I have the same team as you except I put Dengar in instead of Chewie. It competes with the meta fairly well. So far anyways. Until the next big thing. We'll see. I think Dengar helps maximize Boba and helps round out a good aoe team. He can stack the dot with Boba and help 88 and Boba's ability block stick better etc.
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Whoops edit
  • Options
    dengar kit kinda annoys me, i mean his basic work on a debuffed opponent except stun atk, rest of his kit rely on crit and dodge mechanic.
    not to mention most scound leaders use utility around for crit chance/evasion also many scoundrel toon doesn't have debuff on basic.

I love his kit because it gives me options. If I need to I will stun Lando or Palpi right away to shut them down. Or I can lay the mines to help my ability blocks stick. I appreciate his utility.

• Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Klocko wrote: »

Yeah Boba, Lando, Dengar, 88 and Han

Gonna have to try that. Love me some scoudrels. Missing some gear on all of them still. Blocked by raid gear. Eh, someday maybe.
  • slothe
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Dude you want Lando for CH, did I say you need Lando, you need Lando! With his lead it can be soloed on auto in about 1-2min.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    1minatur wrote: »
    Boba Fett sucks. I was so disappointed. Slow as can be, low health, not very dangerous at all. He needs a complete rework ala Anakin. I'd like to see them retool his abilities, add another ability and give him Clone synergy. He is a Clone, afterall. He really should be a Meta character. And if these boards are any indication, there's widespread support for buffing/changing him and I suspect that one day the devs will give him a full rework and all of a sudden everyone will be scrambling to add him to their meta mix.

He's not a clone. The clones were made from him. Say I have a momma cow and she has babies. It doesn't make the momma cow a baby cow does it?

The clones were made from Jango Fett, Boba IS a clone...an unadulterated, un growth-enhanced, un-chipped clone...but a clone nonetheless.

FYI, u can never trust any argument which references bovines.