Old Republic characters

Im new to game and i enjoy this game a lot. I see characters from old movies, new ones, and clone wars. Now i would love to see characters like Darth Reavan or Darth Malgus. Characters from Old Republic would be badass

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Well, we already have HK-47, so the precedent has been set... I am personally hoping for Darth Nihilus.
  • Options
    ^ this!

Revan-Malak-Malgus-Vizla-Marr-Jadus-Decimus-Satele-Nico-Kreia ..... need more cards, lots n' lots :D
    Griff
  • Options
    Would love some more character from the kotor games,

My personal first picks would be
    Revan (light and dark side)
    Nihilus
    Malak
    Bastila
    Mandalorian trooper (even mandalore himself)
    Darth sion
    Ect...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Darth Sion - another annoying chracter who keeps reviving himself :smiley:
  • Options
    Well I'd love to see, Revan, Marr, Mandalore, Bastila, the Echani and Mission.
  • Options
    Bastilla!
  • DarkAgeOutlaw
    31 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Calo Nord the bounty hunter.
  • Options
    Malgus, Satele Shan, Marr, Arcann, dread masters,
    They are so cool!
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nihilus please!!!!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    KotOR 1 & 2: yes.

SWtOR: no. That game is horrible outside the original individual story lines. The Revan storyline was just so so terrible.
  • Options
    Instead we get Rebel/Clone War characters.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    KotOR 1 & 2: yes.

SWtOR: no. That game is horrible outside the original individual story lines. The Revan storyline was just so so terrible.

The new story they are doing seems pretty legit.

More HK droids from swtor could be cool
  • Options
    I would love to see more people from this era. High on my list would be Bastila Shan, Kreia, Darth Sion, Atton Rand, Bao-dur, Jolee Bindo, and of course the man/woman him/herself, Revan. I'll take anyone though , even SWTOR characters (Nico Okarra is pretty cool as is Jace Malcolm, Satele Shan, and Darth Malgus) or whiny, terrible Carth Onasi and Mission Vao :p.
  • Options
    Malgus is badass!! I played from the beginning stor and wasnt as bad as ppl say it is
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Malgus is badass!! I played from the beginning stor and wasnt as bad as ppl say it is

It was worse. I beta tested the game from the second round of invites: meaning all but about one month of the entire close beta test. It was a game full of potential that miserably failed at virtually every level of a MMO. The game had great class story lines and that is it. The pvp was so bad they scrapped an entire planet that was dedicated to endgame pvp after a couple months of release. The rest of endgame virtually didn't exist. It lacked critical components of a MMO and for what they spent to develop it, was embarrassing. It went from being touted as a WoW killer to earning the name TORtanic for a reason.
  • walkyourpath
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    TOR catches an inordinate amount of flak because of its slow initial launch. Some facts to keep in mind:

1. Every MMO in the history of MMOs (WoW included, mind you) was a total *bleep* show at launch. You can't fault SWTOR for this really.
    2. SWTOR was never going to be the WoW killer, because the real WoW killer turned out to be MOBAs. MMOs reached their high water mark about 8ish years ago, and until some crazy Ready Player One stuff happens with Occulus, they will never reach those heights again. With MMOs taking 3-5 years to develop, Bioware couldn't have known that MOBAs would go so viral so quickly.
    3. Despite all of the above, SWTOR is still operating and despite the gigantic initial investment has recouped the startup costs and is profitable. Hardly the failure the enthusiast press had such a field day proclaiming it.

All that being said, I'd take a proper KOTOR sequel any day of the week and twice on Sunday. :)
  • Options

Game got better with time. Worth returning to after latest expansion IMO. Would be cool to see some more toons. Don't really care where they come from at this point haha
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    TOR catches an inordinate amount of flak because of its slow initial launch. Some facts to keep in mind:

1. Every MMO in the history of MMOs (WoW included, mind you) was a total *bleep* show at launch. You can't fault SWTOR for this really.
    2. SWTOR was never going to be the WoW killer, because the real WoW killer turned out to be MOBAs. MMOs reached their high water mark about 8ish years ago, and until some crazy Ready Player One stuff happens with Occulus, they will never reach those heights again. With MMOs taking 3-5 years to develop, Bioware couldn't have known that MOBAs would go so viral so quickly.
    3. Despite all of the above, SWTOR is still operating and despite the gigantic initial investment has recouped the startup costs and is profitable. Hardly the failure the enthusiast press had such a field day proclaiming it.

All that being said, I'd take a proper KOTOR sequel any day of the week and twice on Sunday. :)

1) How can you not fault EA/BW? None of the beta builds lasted long enough to truly test max level play. We told them that repeatedly. Most people never made it out of their early to mid 30s before the servers were wiped. I can't begin to tell you how many times I played through Taris. Those of us who did reach level cap in some of the builds found it extremely bug ridden and devoid of content. We relayed this time and time again. The Devs all but ignored us. Many of the same bugs that existed at the beginning of beta made it to release. The game went from a WoW killer, something the Devs themselves said, to f2p with server merges in a year. You're right that all MMOs go through post release hiccups; but SWtOR was an unmitigated disaster that was saved only by its IP.
    2) MOBAs didn't really impact this. The gaming market has shown that most gamers play games across numerous platforms and that it has no bearing on subs/sales.
    3) SWtOR didn't really begin to turn a profit until it went f2p with the introduction of the cartel market.

Other than that enjoy a fun screenshot from beta showing "placeholder" skin for justicar hounds. :)

JusticarHoundAnimation.jpg
  • Options
    I enjoyed playing hutball...
  • Options
    Hopefully in feb that patch brings old republic toons and yoda etc