Once again! Speed BuG

Waffles
53 posts Member
edited January 2016
It happened again!

Opponents POE went ahead of my dooko(161speed) & Sid(155speed)

What gives?
Opponent is using CPT phantasm and no! My toon was not stunned at all

Dayum!
Post edited by Waffles on

Replies

• Options
    I was faced against another team

My dooko and Sid is maxed out speed.

And his Poe was faster at 6* gear7(the opposing team) some dude called nakiri, my team wasn't stunned slowed or anything

There was no speed debuff or buffs for him or me.no leader no nothing

What **** gives?
  • Options
    Yeah i think people are difinetly all starting to bring up the issue of speed being broken. I am definitly on the side that it is, but as we all probably know we only complain when it makes us lose which isnt all the time, but high enough that we notice the **** involved. I had Phasma as leader and ny Sid went after their JC and his leader was sid. Now thats a ****
  • Omega86
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Please read. http://www.teaminstinct.net/speed-and-you-a-team-instinct-special/

A guide by our team. This will give you insight into what happens. In your case their poe reduce 20% of all your toons turn meter making all his toons go first.

Hope this helps.

Omega86 of
    Team Instinct
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Options
    Omega86 wrote: »

A guide by our team. This will give you insight into what happens. In your case their poe reduce 20% of all your toons turn meter making all his toons go first.

Hope this helps.

Omega86 of
    Team Instinct

Omega is correct. At level 61, Poe can equip gear that allows him to tie for first action with the other fast characters on your team. Then it is random as to who goes first.

If Poe goes first, he will remove turn meter from the opposing team, as it sounds like happened to you.

The article Omega linked explains it all.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options

Hope this helps.

Omega86 of
    Team Instinct

Poe is too powerful currently he literally has zero downside at all. Speed,tenacity,decent health,aoe expose,turn meter. He needs one of those to go.

No other character brings that much utility in a single package or affects the match in such a way
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Waffles wrote: »
    And his Poe was faster at 6* gear7(the opposing team)...

His Poe was Gear 8, not 7. You cant just guess at stuff then claim it broken. Tiny bit of research... Tiny.

"There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    And his Poe was faster at 6* gear7(the opposing team)...

His Poe was Gear 8, not 7. You cant just guess at stuff then claim it broken. Tiny bit of research... Tiny.

his character lv58

Speed is influenced by gear, unless you're telling me his speed is more than 142.

• Options
    Mid fight I have kylo, phasma and ahsoka left, I attack the enemy with my phasma his kylo counters, i use my kylo his kylo counters.He then aoes me. He then aoes me again.

What?

I know ai kylo doesn't have refreshes so whatever on that. But why did he get 2 turns in a row? It was just him and bariss left. On their team, and we were both 60. My kylo was 7 star but that makes no difference.

2 characters same speed but mine was first, but then he gets 2 turns in a row
  • Options
    I've noticed that every so often with random characters as well. Not too much though.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    I killed Kylo. Enemy Daka does her healing revive, which revives Kylo. Kylo immediately, while still in the revive animation, charged at my TFP almost killing him, and then Kylo attacked again with his AoE, killing my TFP. There were not any assist calls, and Phasma wasnt on the enemy team.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    I killed Kylo. Enemy Daka does her healing revive, which revives Kylo. Kylo immediately, while still in the revive animation, charged at my TFP almost killing him, and then Kylo attacked again with his AoE, killing my TFP. There were not any assist calls, and Phasma wasnt on the enemy team.

Seen almost the exact same thing and it was Kylo. Daka grants a little turn meter to a revived toon but nothing that would explain that.
  • Options
    All I can think is if both Kylo's ended up on the same turn twice in a row. Turn 1 randomizes and your kylo goes first, then his. Turn 2 randomizes and *his goes first. That said, given 2 AoE's in a row I'm apt to proclaim it some sort of bug. I've had Sid go 3 times in a row after using his AoE fwiw, but it has only happened maybe twice since I started playing.
  • Options
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    All I can think is if both Kylo's ended up on the same turn twice in a row. Turn 1 randomizes and your kylo goes first, then his. Turn 2 randomizes and *his goes first. That said, given 2 AoE's in a row I'm apt to proclaim it some sort of bug. I've had Sid go 3 times in a row after using his AoE fwiw, but it has only happened maybe twice since I started playing.

You're a bug.
  • Options
    I have seen similar weirdness with the turn meter stuff as well where characters would seemingly get back to back attacks for no reason and the characters are the same characters I have so I know it shouldn't happen.

I have also seen some characters get stunned with hardly any of their turn meter filled up and then the stun just disappears even though it wasn't because they just lost their turn.

There are clearly some glitches that pop up from time to time. While not the same as any of these, yesterday I chucked in Poggle for the first time this morning, he took a regular 2k damage hit with full health (level 60, elite geared) and 75% of his health disappeared on it but then 2 seconds later the health came back, minus the correct damage. Weird stuff.

• Options
    I have seen speed issues at times with other characters. Anyone who tries to act like the speed/turn meter thing isn't a bit glitchy on occasion must be a hardcore fanboy/girl or they have somehow never seen it happen.

I say this not because it has ever caused me to lose but the fact it has been there and shouldn't be. Most things I complain about don't factor into the outcome (I win) but winning doesn't mean issues should be glossed over.
  • Options
    I pretty much have the same team for arena and GW. 88 lead, 86, Lumi, JC, Han all lvl 61 elite with the following respective stars 5, 6, 5, 6, 4. I am always between 100-200 arena rank. Today's GW was a pain at the end. I must have did the tenth match 20 times....

Finally I said, " let me put my lvl 60 3* elite Lobot as leader and drop out Han. BAM! Lobot's droid speed synergy FTW!

I think speed is complicated, not sure if it is broken.
  • Options
    Ive noticed some teams that dont have cooldowns. Lumi only used heal and force push, and i killed sid before he got his second turn, but kylo used AOE twice in a row and Assajj used AEO twice in a row and finn used 2 different attacks but my team was long gone thanks to ventress and kylo. **** tho
  • Options
    Poe at 143 speed gear 8 has a chance to be the first toon to move despite being slower in terms of speed.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Your answer is Dooku 1000/161 = 6,211180124223602 Sid 1000/155 = 6,451612903225806 and Poe 1000/143 = 6,993006993006993.
    All 3 act on turn 7...
  • Options
    Educate yourself before posting. http://www.teaminstinct.net/speed-and-you-a-team-instinct-special/

A speed guide that will change your view on the game itself.

Omega86
    Team Instinct
  • Waffles
    53 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good read, but a question comes into mind.

Has any character with a slower speed other than POE move faster on pure vanilla than a character with higher speed?

E.g GS, Poggle, or even those with 110-116 range of speed.

There is a chance that the speed mechanic is broken.

because the there's no way of knowing if the cat in the box that can never be opened is alive or dead BUT with EA long standing reputation of buggy games, it's highly probable.

Everything can be blamed to RNG.
  • Options
    Good read, but a question comes into mind.

Has any character with a slower speed other than POE move faster on pure vanilla than a character with higher speed?

E.g GS, Poggle, or even those with 110-116 range of speed.

There is a chance that the speed mechanic is broken.

because the there's no way of knowing if the cat in the box that can never be opened is alive or dead BUT with EA long standing reputation of buggy games, it's highly probable.

Everything can be blamed to RNG.

Not that I've seen.
  • Options
    In a earlier post before the patch, one of our team member stated that POE will be the new Meta on the RNG battle to get first. If opponent Poe goes first, odds are you'll lose 1-2 characters right off the bat. There are speed brackets for each char. The speed that breaks turn 7 is 143 like stated above will put characters that is above that speed a chance to go first any thing lower will be turn 8 ect... to determine what turn a characters will take is simply: 1000/(Character speed) Round up.
  • Options
    In a earlier post before the patch, one of our team member stated that POE will be the new Meta on the RNG battle to get first. If opponent Poe goes first, odds are you'll lose 1-2 characters right off the bat. There are speed brackets for each char. The speed that breaks turn 7 is 143 like stated above will put characters that is above that speed a chance to go first any thing lower will be turn 8 ect... to determine what turn a characters will take is simply: 1000/(Character speed) Round up.

Yup I read some of your articles, I have a POE too, all in all I'll giv em benefit of the doubt, am always playing for the meta. Thx omega