Zam's Detonating Shot and Critical Chance

This a bit of a quirky one but I was wondering if anyone can answer this for or if they've seen the situation elsewhere...

ME throws her thermal detonator onto and enemy. In Zam's turn she detonates it. There are two damage scores: one for the shot, one for the bomb.

My question is: who's stats dictate the likelihood and scale of a critical hit? I thought it would be that Zam's crit bonuses would apply to her shot and ME's to her bomb but it seems that whenever Zam detonates a bomb, it crits, even though ME's crit chance is pump.

I get the feeling I'm just seeing sporadic RNG but if anyone else can confirm or deny it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.

Replies

• Options
    No one's. Bombs have 20% crit chance and 150% crit damage. They are also not effected by offense and all bombs are based on a % of targets max health while all bombs are different
  • Options
    yes i've seen bombs make 20k+ damage on strong enemies. Did anyone try a bomb on the Rancor?
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Interesting stuff. I never saw that one coming. And yes, I bomb the Rancor with JE regularly mainly to keep him in a debuffed state and deny him his armour bonus. The damage it does is pretty consistent with damage on anything else though.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    ^Thats cuz the Rancor takes less damage from % health attacks like bombs and Rex's special. I think they just coded it so the bombs would do a % of some other amount of health thats more consistent with the enemies we normally face. But if you bomb some royal guards that have almost all health mods the bombs can show some fairly high numbers.
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    Options
    % damage on the rancor acts as the total hps of the rancor were much lower, it's designed like that for obvious reasons, it's the same for bombs or damage over time
  • Options
    Yeah, sorry. I was just highlighting that it was the same as a regular hit which is to be expected with the Rancor's adjustments. But my point was that everything seems to hit for very similar amounts. I guess I just hadn't noticed it as it's only JE that I regularly use against player teams and he's far from devastating. Maybe if I started getting Nute to bomb an RG in the arena I would have clocked it sooner.

Thanks for the replies.
  • Options
    % damage effects such as DoT, Expose, and Bombs deal 95% less damage or 1/20