THEORY: How Ships MIGHT work...

evanbio
1505 posts Member
Ok, obviously this is all theory. I have absolutely nothing that makes me feel confident this is HOW ships will work. BUT, I had this thought the other day and figured I'd share it.

1) How to GET ships. What if ships were linked to character shards. Think of it as a way to 8* a character. You want to get Slave 1, you use Boba shards. This could either be a requirement that the toon is already 7*, or a choice between promoting a toon and unlocking their ship. Though my guess is that the toon would at least need to be unlocked in order to obtain their ship.

2) How we USE ships. So, we just unlocked Slave 1. Now it's time to head into a ship/space battle (located to the right of GW). These battles will have the ship filling the 6th spot of your team. And since (in my theory) you need the toon associated with the ship to unlock it, this will also lock that toon into the group. Probably the leader (now PILOT) spot. The ship will give a bonus to that toon, and possibly other toons depending on the affiliation. So Boba's ship may give him a chance to gain stealth each turn, and apply a smaller chance to grant stealth to other scoundrels as an example. (I'm saying stealth based on the Slave1 hiding to follow the Falcon in ESB, but obviously could be anything).

So, what about ships that are not directly tied to a single specific toon? Say, a Jedi Starship for example. In this theory, any jedi shards could be used to unlock that ship. And the Pilot spot could be filled by any Jedi when in use. Similarly, a classic X-wing could be unlocked and piloted by Biggs OR Wedge and a Resistance X-wing by Poe or RP.

That's it. Not saying that it would be a good OR bad idea. Who knows how this will all shake out. Happy grinding everyone.

Replies

• Options
    I think ships will be exactly the same as toons.... except ships... so we will end up doing all of what we have done again. which I don't mind I enjoy collecting.
  • Options
    Just hope they use a different coin method and not cantina energy!
  • Options
    i like the theory!
  • Options
    All will be buggy, full of loopholes and a grind to get whatever necessary.
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    Options
    After the seeing the Tournament setup, I think the ships will run on crystals..

O
  • Options
    You buy rides in your favorite cruiser for crystals. After that, you pay twice as much for a ride. etc etc etc.

You unlock gear for your characters by riding/racing.
  • Options
    +1 this is an awesome theory. I would love to see something like this as the ship battles, we could hopefully see some neat or obscure ships for some of the toons. Maybe the ship would also have a unique attack or buff ability it could use with a heavy turn cool down? Similar to how Tarkin, Veers, and Wedge call down ship attacks. Maybe some ships do strafing runs while others drop bombs, x-wings could do strafing while y-wings could do bombing runs? Just some ideas/hopes.
  • Options
    If each ship was unique to each toon how would that follow , can't exactly think of a ship for uganught or tusken raider , old Ben ,dengar lol can't actually see boba in slave 1 attacking jawas in a sand crawler either or the t.r on a bantha
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    I would guess it's just a sixth toon that doesn't show up the screen. Would be odd to see a little tie fighter next to a jawa
  • Options
    pipboy3009 wrote: »
    If each ship was unique to each toon how would that follow , can't exactly think of a ship for uganught or tusken raider , old Ben ,dengar lol can't actually see boba in slave 1 attacking jawas in a sand crawler either or the t.r on a bantha

Dengar had a ship called Punishing One I believe, Uganught could have a cloud car (since the cloud guys aren't in the game as playable toons) Old Ben could have a ship too I'm sure. My point isn't to shoot you down, but show there are ships that could be put to each toon. Or like OP said, if a ship like the Jedi Fighter is unlocked, any Jedi could pilot it. Plus its Star Wars, with the massive lore to draw from there has to be a ship for each and every toon to call their own.
  • Options
    KingPin wrote: »
    Just hope they use a different coin method and not cantina energy!

lol if it uses cantina energy then im out. Cantina shop, Mods and if the ships cost orange flashes aswell...then im quiting this game...
  • Options
    I already know how ships will work. You open your wallet and bam you're a captain of all the ships. If you don't open the wallet than you're the janitor.
  • Svatlas
    183 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    1) How to GET ships : Black Amex

2) How we USE ships : Crystal Refreshs. The creditcard need some work.