So... Advantage vs crit immunity? What happens?

If a character with advantage attacks a hero with crit immunity, does the earth explode?

Replies

• Options
    I joke but this is a legit question. Advantage is supposed to be a guaranteed crit. Crit immunity is supposed to guarantee that your characters do not take a crit. Do they cancel each other out and revert to regular crit chance of the character similar to how tenacity up/down work now?
  • Options
    This is pure speculation but advantage is a 100% chance to perform a critical hit and the critical immunity is to prevent any critical dmg... so I would say you fire with a 100% chance but it is then resisted... therefore no critical dmg.

Similarly to Teebo's 100% chance to remove TM which can still be resisted.

Just guesses though...
  • Options
    This is pure speculation but advantage is a 100% chance to perform a critical hit and the critical immunity is to prevent any critical dmg... so I would say you fire with a 100% chance but it is then resisted... therefore no critical dmg.

Similarly to Teebo's 100% chance to remove TM which can still be resisted.

Just guesses though...

This was my guess. So this is basically another advantage nerf. If that is how it works.
  • Options
    Is advantage affected by crit chance down then?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    50 percent of guaranteed is still guaranteed

With advantage you still crit, opponent is just immune

Working as intended

basically farm b2 or wait for sun fac
  • Options
    I imagine immunity wins. I think the analogy to resist in potency/tenacity is good.
  • Options
    I forgot that the description of advantage is not "guaranteed" critical hit. It is 100% chance for a cutical hit. Big difference actually.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse can we got some confirmation about what happens?
  • Options
    I'd imagine no crit. Immunity usually wins.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I think what happens is the character with advantage DOES NOT get a crit but also DOES NOT lose advantage.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    I think what happens is the character with advantage DOES NOT get a crit but also DOES NOT lose advantage.

This makes sense and is seemingly the proper way for the abilities to work. Good catch.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options

I'm pretty sure they will lose advantage. The next attack has 100% chance to do critical damage. If you use that attack, it's gone... same way you lose it if it is dodged.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure they will lose advantage. The next attack has 100% chance to do critical damage. If you use that attack, it's gone... same way you lose it if it is dodged.

+1 ..as a droid user im familiar with crits and crit avoidance.. Advantage makes your next attack 100% crit.. Exceptions are dodging.. What 24% crit avoidance does is easy.. Each attack, which would hit you could be a crit or could not.. If its supposed to crit, cuz my ig 86 has natural 100% crit chance, then crit avoidance reduces this to 76% .. Ive tryed this in arena with phasma against enemy hk47 with crit avoidance.. Havemt seen advantage uncritted.. So advantage wins.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Did testing on this today. Crit immunity is just that IMMUNITY to being crit the attack goes through AND consumes advantage (@aero if this were true it would work for dodges too, advantage is consumed when a damaging attack is activated) so on a crit immune target, advantage will be consumed, crit will not occur no matter what. It's not rng that character ITSELF has a 0% chance to BE crit. So there's no rng. All the calculations externally of character crit chance/advantage don't cancel or even matter since they are not happening internally to the character who is immune. So all the calculations get done as to crit vs not crit and then the attack checks to the attacked character with immunity and the result check goes like this
    (Incoming attack calculated to damage and crit = yes or no
    check defending character, immunity = yes
    if immunity yes set crit to = no)

So you won't crit ever in any situation vs an immune character
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    Did testing on this today. Crit immunity is just that IMMUNITY to being crit the attack goes through AND consumes advantage (@aero if this were true it would work for dodges too, advantage is consumed when a damaging attack is activated) so on a crit immune target, advantage will be consumed, crit will not occur no matter what. It's not rng that character ITSELF has a 0% chance to BE crit. So there's no rng. All the calculations externally of character crit chance/advantage don't cancel or even matter since they are not happening internally to the character who is immune. So all the calculations get done as to crit vs not crit and then the attack checks to the attacked character with immunity and the result check goes like this
    (Incoming attack calculated to damage and crit = yes or no
    check defending character, immunity = yes
    if immunity yes set crit to = no)

So you won't crit ever in any situation vs an immune character

Will the damage still be greater even though it's not a crit? (may be a stupid question)
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Damage is if it were a non crit. It just stops the crit vs non crit modifier to the damage calculation

Not a bad question bugs are possible but dosent seem to be here
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Sid will keep advantage after a non crit basic if the base ignores armor, same goes for all other attacks that ingore armor like Magmatrooper's AOE or Jedi Consulars chance to ignore armor on his special. For some reason you cant ignore armor and crit at the same time so the skills will ignore the enemy armor and retain the advantage buff.