Best current raid team (No Rex)

Hi everyone I'm not new to raids, I've soloed phase 1 as long as I remember and can sometimes do 2 if I'm very lucky. I was thinking Dengar with phasma would let me go further, any teams tried and tested?

Replies

• Options
    Just to add I currently run QGJ , EE , Geo Soldier . FIVES, Teebo (lead) have a decent roster but no Rex which seems to be a popular choice in a lot of teams.
  • Options
    I run the same team as you, but phasma instead of fives.

I used to run Rey for EE before I got him maxed.
    Totally good to Solo p1 fast, but you cant go to far with her.

I also tried Scout for gs. The result was ok.. but only when I got lucky with his tm remove. I dont have the mods to bring 4 characters to a decent level of potency.. So Scout wasnt performing as good as he could have.
    But even if I still might consider gs the better Option bc of his damage Output. And with his assist there is a 50% chance he calls teebo or qgj so regarding the potency my Scout has, the chance to remove tm with gs was expected to be higher than with Scout. And if he missed to call teebo or qgj he could still call ee who would give tm to the team ans especially teebo.

Regarding the question of phasma or fives. I personally never used fives. Again due to the lack of potency mods and phasma is in my arena team. I would like to try fives tho bc of his assist and better damage output. On the other hand victory March comes in really handy. And speed down only on special instead of basic still works pretty good for me.
  • Options
    Teebo dengar ee scout QGJ

Can get 8 mill + with that team on a good RnG day average 5 + mill though

Speed is more critical than potency once dengar lands debuffs I've been told by guild mate who runs successfully with this team. I'm yet to unlock t3 speed mod challenge to farm them though
  • Options
    It seems I run a some what unique raid squad in that weirdly I've never seen anyone else say they use the same squad.

Teebo (Lead)
    Wedge
    Biggs
    5's
    QGJ

With this team I can pretty much clear P1 & P2 with zero reliance on RNGesus. I start my preload 30mins before raid, I almost never need to retreat for a better RNG start as all starts seem to be pretty much equal.

I am generally finished about 10mins later at or below the 10% hp mark on P2 and wait the next 20mins for the official raid start (our raid is opened 24hrs before official start time so every member can enter a zero score - die without hitting captain - meaning no one needs to hold back damage during raid, when raid go is announced we all go all out and raid is done in several minutes).

This squad is so good because you don't really need that much RNG on your side to score big... 4-5mill first attempt is pretty standard with this set up... and it's fast like I said takes less than 10mind with zero retreats to clear P1 & P2. Pick up another 500k-1mill over the next two phases and your looking at a top 5/top 3 finish easy.

The key is wiggs. They both have around 160 base speed so over 200 with wedge unique so Biggs goes ALOT and that's important, the more Biggs attacks the more he can call his assist. His assist is so important as it will call wedge AND one other squad member which will be either QGJ (good basic with TM reduction and gain) Teebo (really good if he is stealthed TM reduction) or 1/3 chance of 5's (bad he just feeds enemy TM... I stupidly omega his special... ahh well...) that means you have a 2/3 chance of calling an ally to assist that does TM reduction every 2nd Biggs attack. That ends up being a shed load of assists from QGJ and Teebo... and added bonus with QGJ his TM reduction can also gain TM so he can literally go back to back over and over.

I love this team. Note: I don't own Rex and EE is 70/100 gear lvl 8. I don't like phasma, I find her speed down is less reliable than 5's she does F all damage and although victory march is great I really like 5's assist means another shot at getting QGJ or Teebo to TM again.

I used to run Teebo (Lead)/Rey/GS/5's/QGJ but Rey and GS are out classed by wiggs.

I also tried an assist based team with Teebo/QGJ/5's/GS/IG-86 but found wiggs calls a TM reduction in way more often than having that one extra assist attack.

Hope that helps.

Peace
  • Options
    Switch out 5s for Jawa. Higher potency, higher damage, doesn't do that terrible double tap.
  • Options
    For proper TM you can't go wrong with what @KingPin said above, though I'd replace scout with phasma for speed down and victory march to ensure dengar's mines crit for tenacity down. Speed mod set is pretty worthless for the amount of effort you'd have to put into it if you ask me. 10% speed set bonus for 4 mods would maybe give you +15 speed on the best toons, you can find that amount of speed in any other mod set. If only speed mod set was 2 mods per set bonus....
  • Options
    Miepmorp wrote: »
    I run the same team as you, but phasma instead of fives.

I used to run Rey for EE before I got him maxed.
    Totally good to Solo p1 fast, but you cant go to far with her.

I also tried Scout for gs. The result was ok.. but only when I got lucky with his tm remove. I dont have the mods to bring 4 characters to a decent level of potency.. So Scout wasnt performing as good as he could have.
    But even if I still might consider gs the better Option bc of his damage Output. And with his assist there is a 50% chance he calls teebo or qgj so regarding the potency my Scout has, the chance to remove tm with gs was expected to be higher than with Scout. And if he missed to call teebo or qgj he could still call ee who would give tm to the team ans especially teebo.

Regarding the question of phasma or fives. I personally never used fives. Again due to the lack of potency mods and phasma is in my arena team. I would like to try fives tho bc of his assist and better damage output. On the other hand victory March comes in really handy. And speed down only on special instead of basic still works pretty good for me.

Altho battles will take longer I believe you'd have better results running 5s in place of GS
  • Options
    I've read that Dengar + Phasma makes the machine turn. Phasma grants advantage, Dengar crits for Tenacity Down, and it rocks along from there for your TMR guys. The Wiggs variant is wicked fast.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    @Dimmy
    Same team I run. I could run a better TM team but it's so fun with wiggs. Only takes 5 minutes to get thru phase 1
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone