Shoretrooper's Turn Reduction upon Buff Loss Not Working? (Update)

TyberZann
74 posts Member
edited October 2016
Hey everyone, had a couple of instances where shoretrooper had 4 buffs, when two

expired i expected the Regroup ability to drop by 2 cool downs, instead it only

dropped by one. Assumed maybe it meant dispelled debuffs, but had a Qui-gon

remove 4 buffs at once, but again the Regroup ability was reduced by one. So could

anyone enlighten me if the ability only drops one turn if multiple buffs are removed

individually instead of all at once? For instance, say shoretrooper had 4 buffs, after

two turn they all expire, but since it was at the same time only one buff was counted

in the turn reduction of Regroup.Now say, each buff expired individually on a

different turn, would it work properly than?

(Update)

So, was in a battle, shoretrooper had 4 turns left on Regroup, had defense up, health

up, taunt at the time, Defense and health up expired while taunt remained active,

and Regroup dropped to one turn. So apparently the whole cool down being reduced

when a buff is lost is true, only if taunt is still active. Something that should be made

clear in the description.
Post edited by TyberZann on

Replies

• War
    932 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It says whenever he loses a buff the cool down is reduced, I also read that as the cool down would decrease for every buff removed. But reading it again I think it's when he loses a buff in general, rather than every buff. So if Qui-Gon removes four buffs, it means he lost a buff and the cool down goes down by one.

If they expire individually I've got no idea what would happen, there should be a order of events on when buffs expire. First offense up expires, then defense up, then health up, etc. But if it's all on the same turn, then I guess it could be counted as the same time, you'd need to play test that one.
  • Options
    bump for people to know that shoretrooper's cool down reduction only works if taunt remains active.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    TyberZann wrote: »
    bump for people to know that shoretrooper's cool down reduction only works if taunt remains active.

Even if that's true, which it might be, it's poorly worded if it is anyway. The video in the post above shows the cool down was not reduced when he lost his taunt and that other buff. And don't say it's because he technically didn't have taunt because it was removed by Sun Fac. If it's not meant to reduce the time it takes him to taunt again if it's removed early then what the heck is used for.