Cap Increase - Dilemma for Lower Characters

Here's the quandary I'm wrestling with:

I have my arena team maxed. I have Lando at level 73/G9 with all the pieces to go to G10. I have Aayla level 66/G8 with all the pieces to go to G9. However, there's overlap in the gear to promote both. So, should I:
  1. Level Lando and promote to G10
  2. Level Aayla and promote to G9
  3. Hold credits to promote Droids toward level 85 next week

The cap increase makes this difficult. Investing in Lando seems good because of the Credit and Training Droid events that run every week or so. Promoting Aayla gives me another level 70+ G9 character for roster depth. Holding credits for my level 80 droid team also seems wise in order to stay competitive in arena - compete for #1 every day.

So, give this set of choices, what would you do? Hold out for arena, feed the mustache, or the counter/assist queen?

Replies

• Options
    I've pretty much talked myself into Lando as the way to go. Whatever I put into Lando should get paid back quickly with the Scoundrel Events. I'm currently only doing Tier 3 in these, but a more powerful Lando can change that.
  • Options
    yes finish lando he's worth it
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    My guess is it will take 3 or more weeks to hit level 85 unless you are refreshing like crazy. So you will have time to work on others while getting there.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    Do it on Lando then go to the rest. He's worth it at the end, even if he falls off of every PvP scoreboard in the future.
  • Options
    I'm toying with alternate arena teams in my head, but this is probably not the time to play "fast and loose". This seems like it could be an interesting team, and I've never seen anyone run it:

88 (L), Anakin, Lando, STH, B2

Might play around with the leader, but 88's is the only one that applies to all and is worth it for arena.
  • Options
    I realized a flaw in my thinking when I posted this originally, and I'll clarify that now. I was thinking that I would have an immediate gap and need to level my arena team from 80 to 85 right away. That's actually not possible because I forgot about needed to get XP to level up from 80 to 85. I'm speculating that this will take about 4-6 weeks depending on the number of refreshes that I use. With this in mind, it really is just a question of which characters to level and develop first. I did pull the trigger on Lando, and I'm just a couple of gear pieces away from G11 now. I'm expecting him to help pay the bills so to speak.