night sister initiate, magmatrooper or save/shard shop

I have all galactic war token characters at 7* except the two in subject. Should I max them, one of them or hold on to my tokens for future additions? I could also use for shard shop which I am not to excited about.

Replies

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I maxed everyone just to be done with it, after that I saved up to 24k (thats a full 7* from scratch). Everything past that goes to the shard shop, no real reason to hold more.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    I maxed everyone just to be done with it, after that I saved up to 24k (thats a full 7* from scratch). Everything past that goes to the shard shop, no real reason to hold more.

This mostly...If you can finish GW daily only need a around 7k saved, if you don't refresh, and can get 4 GW shipments a day.

Shard shop is better now that you can get raid gear in it.
  • Options
    I'm currently farming GG so all extra shards are turned into the shard shop. Have enough for 60 GG shards so I should have him unlocked by December when the new SW movie is released lol.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    id save maybe the update will bring new toons gw is long overdue new toons to farm from there
    if not carry on
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I have Initiate and she's a beast at upper level (she's got the second-highest power rating in the game). Maybe not high-level arena viable (yet) but quite useful for everything else
  • Options
    I have Magmatrooper and hoped him to have some synergy boost now with Palpatine and Empire getting some attention... but no. His weapon must be jammed or something, he basically doesn't do damage, and whatever else he does isn't enough.

But it's always useful to have one more 7* toon (e.g. for events), when it's free. He gears easily until level 7, then it's another story.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    I would farm MT just so you can do the potency challenge, but if you already have 5 empire toons then I would just do what scuba said. Neither one of the toons are really worth while.
  • Options
    I think I am gonna sit tight for a bit and see if they add anything up to the level cap increase. Then maybe farm them both if nothing interesting is added.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    I'm farming the night sister shards in case there's a night sister event one day. Not leveling or gearing her though.
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    I'm farming the night sister shards in case there's a night sister event one day. Not leveling or gearing her though.

Oh that's a very valid statement: With events with random toon/faction requirements appearing out of nowhere, I would hate being caught missing a toon that's actually trivial to get (from Arena or GW tokens). So I did farm enough of all of them to at least unlock them (Yes, Nute Gunray, Nightsister Initiate, Ventress,...) but didn't pay the 100 credits to activate them. Just in case I need one in emergency, I'll have him. And if I pull a lucky Bronzium Card, well, it will auto-activate :)

It paid off when I had a Leia fully ready in time for the Palpatine Event for instance (haven't used her anywhere else).
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Like others said, I'd at least unlock MT for the empire event. Unless you already have 5 empire toons. I'm not sure Nightsisters will ever get their own event. Perhaps if they show up in one of the movies they would, but that is a pretty random group that doesn't have much lore outside of the Clone Wars TV series. And GW toons are pretty fast to unlock anyway.
  • Options
    I'd get Magmatrooper. He is one of the most underrated characters in the game. Yes he has low damage, but he has massive hp, he reduces TM breaking the AoE that wiggs lando droids put out, and he is constantly going thanks to his unique TM buff. I have him maxed and He is a key part of my arena team.
  • Options
    Initiate has an insane amount of health, even in the 60s. Through a few 2* (or better) health or critical mods on her..and you have a consistent beast. Include her in your Nightsister squad with Daka up front, and she can take the brunt of any attack several times.
    Former Star Wars Uprising General Multiple SB Winner + Cartel Master Of The Nightsisters // Guild Master Of "Exiles Of Dathomir"