Fives or Dengar for raids?

Fives can inflict speed down, Dengar can inflict tenacity down, which is better? I was thinking Fives because he's easier to get, but I'll go for Dengar if he's better.

Replies

• Options
    Dengar can also inflict soeed down which is necessary againat the rancor
  • Options
    I don't have Dengar. Fives needs a lot potency to get speed down to hit on Rancor, but when it does it's pretty nice. It'll definitely keep that gate on his head in P2 for a while longer and up your score.
  • Zarbax
    256 posts Member
    Options
    Dengar all the way.
  • Options
    Depends on the makeup and mods of the rest of the team. Phasma is pretty nice paired w Dengar since she has slow, defense down and guaranteed crit for his tenacity down.
  • Options
    I run with both
  • Options
    Both.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Both. I'm trying to get the hang of it.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Zarbax
    256 posts Member
    Options
    If you're slower at gearing and modding all of your TMR toons, Dengar is definitely the way forward. If you don't have a problem with potency on any of them, use 5s. There are several viable compositions. Personally, mine is Teebo (65% pot), EE (170 something speed), ES (75% pot), QGJ (100+% pot) and Dengar (about 50% crit chance and 25% pot). It's a long way away from being optimal, as it stands, but still capable of very respectable damage.
    All values are rough guesses, as I haven't bothered to check and quote my actual numbers. This team can clear at least the first 3 phases on T7.
  • Options
    Jawa is much better than 5s. Much higher base potency, higher damage, no double attacks.
  • Options
    Dengar.
  • Options
    Don't omega 5s. His assist is very valuable and speed down more reliable, assuming you have the potency. Potency can be modded, 50% chance to proc can't ever be improved.
  • Options
    The consensus is dengar is better against rancor. You can still get both since they are harvested in separate areas.
  • Options
    Jawa is much better than 5s. Much higher base potency, higher damage, no double attacks.

What is the problem with doible attacks?
  • Options

What is the problem with doible attacks?

The Rancor gains TM each time he's attacked. Fives paltry damage doesn't justify giving the rancor an extra 5% turn
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."