A tragic story

It was a tense moment mid match in PvP. General Sgt Strategy had poggle at half health, and sid and 5s at full. The enemy lumi was at full health, but her friend talia was only at half.

Sid attacked lumi
Dodged
5s the same
Dodged
Poggle the same
Dodged

Lumi slashed poggle to death in one hit. And talia hit sid.

5s turn again. He hit lumi.
Sids turn. Lumi dodged.

Lumi slashed sid to yellow health. Talia suicide healed lumi up from the little nub 5s hit her with, but got herself down to red.

5s killed talia.
2v1.
Sid goes for lumi. Dodged.
Lumi slices sid down to red.
5s goes for lumi. Dodged.
Sid goes for lumi. Dodged
Lumi kills sid.
1v1.
5s hits. But not for much
Lumi slices 5s down to yello.
5s last chance. She dodged.
Lumi kills 5s.

So what was a 3v2 in favor of our heroes, the villanous lumi and her friend talia prevail through the broken system of "Dodged"

We should star calling this game star wars dodgeball

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Not broken buddy, just rng didnt favor you this time. I have been on both ends of it.
    It happens buddy
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Dodge Wars
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    You were unlucky. It happens.
  • Options
    haha, that is funny.

I have never seen anything like that (I generally just see AI characters magically dodge right when they should be killed rather than dodging a lot of times) and would probably be quite annoyed if I did.

I am sure your characters have had that same experience when defending from the AI though, correct? After all, if it is pure rng then one would gather their squad would experience something similar as to what the AI often does. Especially your Sid not dodging the Lumi attacks despite his clear boost that says he should dodge some. I know when I forget about this and target Sid with my Lumi that he usually dodges it.

Yes, that is sarcasm for all the defenders who imply there is no boost to the AI proc rates. Keep denying users who clearly see it because the devs who are clearly not going to admit it say it doesn't exist.
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Not broken buddy, just rng didnt favor you this time. I have been on both ends of it.
    It happens buddy
    J7000 wrote: »

Sorry if im tempered but, uh huh:
    I KNOW
    i know what RNG is and i know what luck is. I know it doesnt always happen but im a little tempered about lumi. I know its because shes one of the only people that u see 7 stars of, and the healing and damage are supposed to be that way.
    But should she really have the evasiveness of the flash? Same with sid. Lumi is like in her 50s and sid is an old man. Should darth maul and like han have high evasion?
  • Options
    It was a tense moment mid match in PvP. General Sgt Strategy had poggle at half health, and sid and 5s at full. The enemy lumi was at full health, but her friend talia was only at half.

Sid attacked lumi
    Dodged
    5s the same
    Dodged
    Poggle the same
    Dodged

Lumi slashed poggle to death in one hit. And talia hit sid.

5s turn again. He hit lumi.
    Sids turn. Lumi dodged.

Lumi slashed sid to yellow health. Talia suicide healed lumi up from the little nub 5s hit her with, but got herself down to red.

5s killed talia.
    2v1.
    Sid goes for lumi. Dodged.
    Lumi slices sid down to red.
    5s goes for lumi. Dodged.
    Sid goes for lumi. Dodged
    Lumi kills sid.
    1v1.
    5s hits. But not for much
    Lumi slices 5s down to yello.
    5s last chance. She dodged.
    Lumi kills 5s.

So what was a 3v2 in favor of our heroes, the villanous lumi and her friend talia prevail through the broken system of "Dodged"

We should star calling this game star wars dodgeball

Let me translate, "Wahhhh, I can't win every battle so wahhhhhh, please change the game so I always win and then I'll complain that the game is too easy, wahhhh, mommyyyyyy."
  • Options
    Lumi is annoying when she has evasion buff on. But it's not bad unless you're unlucky.
  • Options
    shimmy wrote: »
    haha, that is funny.

I have never seen anything like that (I generally just see AI characters magically dodge right when they should be killed rather than dodging a lot of times) and would probably be quite annoyed if I did.

I am sure your characters have had that same experience when defending from the AI though, correct? After all, if it is pure rng then one would gather their squad would experience something similar as to what the AI often does. Especially your Sid not dodging the Lumi attacks despite his clear boost that says he should dodge some. I know when I forget about this and target Sid with my Lumi that he usually dodges it.

Yes, that is sarcasm for all the defenders who imply there is no boost to the AI proc rates. Keep denying users who clearly see it because the devs who are clearly not going to admit it say it doesn't exist.

Shimmy again thank you for being human. From what i interpert u are the only person in the comments that agrees with me. These forums are for telling about our issues and trying to help make the game better. Its not for weed wackers (i got a warning so yeah) to side with the devs that everything is all good. If something is wrong people need to speak up. We need more people like u and me on here
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    It happens buddy
    J7000 wrote: »

Sorry if im tempered but, uh huh:
    I KNOW
    i know what RNG is and i know what luck is. I know it doesnt always happen but im a little tempered about lumi. I know its because shes one of the only people that u see 7 stars of, and the healing and damage are supposed to be that way.
    But should she really have the evasiveness of the flash? Same with sid. Lumi is like in her 50s and sid is an old man. Should darth maul and like han have high evasion?

Ok, so get tempered and then ask for Lumni nerf. You haven't seen anything yet if you think Lumni is OP. This literally happens at least once a day: get owned in arena, express rage in forum, ask for nerf.
  • Options
    haha, that is funny.

Shimmy again thank you for being human. From what i interpert u are the only person in the comments that agrees with me. These forums are for telling about our issues and trying to help make the game better. Its not for weed wackers (i got a warning so yeah) to side with the devs that everything is all good. If something is wrong people need to speak up. We need more people like u and me on here

Everyone agrees game needs more than waiting for timers, but you being a baby about not winning a match is just, just, just shup ut.
  • Options
    Lumi isn't op...compared to some she's merely average. She's simply the best f2p toon so you see a lot of her. Calling for a nerf is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Square off against a 6 or 7* fotp...then tell me Lumi is op. Or when a Phasma led squad perks assist every time. Stuff happens.
  • Options
    haha, that is funny.

Everyone agrees game needs more than waiting for timers, but you being a baby about not winning a match is just, just, just shup ut.

for the last time i say this today:
    Im not being a baby.
    There is nothing in that post that shows im a baby or that im whining. I came up with a fun story about PvP. There is nothing in there that has me complaining.

Also, for the bilionth time, if u tell someone to shut up, they arent gonna shut up. If u dont like what u read, then why comment *** about it. Im just tryin to give the devs feedback.
  • Options
    Lumi isn't op...compared to some she's merely average. She's simply the best f2p toon so you see a lot of her. Calling for a nerf is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Square off against a 6 or 7* fotp...then tell me Lumi is op. Or when a Phasma led squad perks assist every time. Stuff happens.

I just want a nerf on the dodge, nothing else
  • Options
    Does Luminara Unduli even need a leader ability? She has high damage, the best heal in the game, and a perfect ability block. I think she would be fine without the annoying dodge chance, not that I see her as a leader that often. Just my $0.02
  • Options
    Anubis wrote: »
    Does Luminara Unduli even need a leader ability? She has high damage, the best heal in the game, and a perfect ability block. I think she would be fine without the annoying dodge chance, not that I see her as a leader that often. Just my $0.02

I totally agree. Thank you for not criticizing that the game is perfect like some other people in the comments (eh eh oaht)
  • Options
    My sidious dodged lumi 3 times in a row she attacked and then phasma attacks and calls he for assist and then she attacked again he was my last character and they were only 2 left on the other team
  • Options
    Obviously a gear/lvl/rank problem. I read something with you being in 50's and all. If some other toons outgear yours, the dodge rating will be higher anyway.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    One battle lost, nerf. Makes sense.
  • Options
    Lol. The op is complaining about how tough lumi is in this post and in another telling us he doesn't want her.

Lol
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Also, for the bilionth time, if u tell someone to shut up, they arent gonna shut up. If u dont like what u read, then why comment *** about it. Im just tryin to give the devs feedback.

+1 - There is too much player hate in these forums. Worse than any other forum I've participated in.
    For what it's worth, I enjoyed your post.
  • Options
    I survived an arena battle yesterday where I was down 2 (Sid and Luke) vs 4 (Maul, Phasma, Lando, JC). Thanks to a couple timely dodges and crits I managed to pull it out without losing either goon after Maul had decimated my team.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I have seen Sid dodge multiple times in a row. I also have seen him not dodging a single hit and die, several matches in a row, which is completely normal.

There's nothing rare there. It's just cognitive bias, and the inability of human brain to understand chance. Daniel Kahneman won a nobel Prize explaining different ways our brain lies to himself because it's unable to process things like cold and hot streaks, regression to the mean, etc.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

I have seen Sid dodge multiple times in a row. I also have seen him not dodging a single hit and die, several matches in a row, which is completely normal.

There's nothing rare there. It's just cognitive bias, and the inability of human brain to understand chance. Daniel Kahneman won a nobel Prize explaining different ways our brain lies to himself because it's unable to process things like cold and hot streaks, regression to the mean, etc.

Dude whats wrong with u. We know its chance were just ranting. Ur bringing unwanted knowlege into the forums. This means u must not have any friends to talk to about this math and stats
  • Options
    Certtain toons dodge certain ones I noticed more. Sid Dodges Lumi a ton more than anyone else. I face Sid a ton and he Dodges her so regularly I almost never bother attacking him with her
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »

+1 - There is too much player hate in these forums. Worse than any other forum I've participated in.
    For what it's worth, I enjoyed your post.

Thank u. Its a great feeling to know i have fun and nice people with me in the forums