Character Concept: Grand Admiral Thrawn

medetec
1571 posts Member
edited October 2016
Instead of my usual design critiques, I thought I'd give a fresh character concept a go. The idea is to have a moderately complex character that has to be used strategically for optimal effect. In addition, I'm experimenting with adding an "anti-speed" option that doesn't reduce the power of speed, but gives a method to combat it.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Calculated Strike
Basic · Level 8
Deal Special damage to target enemy. Reduce the cooldown of Suppressive Bombardment by 1 if the target has less than 50% Turn meter, inflict Offense Down for 2 turns if they have more than 50% Turn Meter.
Damage: 3472 - 4058

Suppressive Bombardment
Special · Level 8
4 turn cooldown
Deal Special damage to all enemies. Inflict Buff Immunity on enemies with less that 50% Turn Meter and remove 35% Turn Meter from enemies with more than 50% Turn Meter. For every enemy hit already suffering a debuff, Thrawn gains 20% Turn Meter.
Damage: 2298 - 2476

Architects of Their Own Destruction
Leader · Level 7
For every point of speed above 150 they have, characters take 1% increased damage. I'm undecided if this should effect all characters or only enemy characters. Empire allies gain 26% Turn meter whenever any other Empire ally is defeated.

Master Strategist
Unique · Level 7
At the end of each of his turns, Thrawn has a 65% chance to gain Foresight for two turns. Whenever Thrawn loses Foresight, clear all debuffs from all allies.

edit: Updated attack abilities to allow for more strategic options when selecting abilities and targets.
Post edited by medetec on

Replies

• Options
    Thrawn, Bendu, and Wedge all coming to Rebels this season and old hermit benny boy was teased in 3-2. This season is starting off strong. Reminds me of the bounty hunter season that took Clone Wars to the next level. I would absolutely love to see Thrawn in this game. A-list Meta-breaking material. I'm sure the Devs want to push him too. The only downside I see is that they'd have to push all Rebels material, which they seem reluctant to do until this show gains the acceptance among fans that Clone Wars eventually did. Ezra's really the one stopping it. His character is the only one that still hasn't acheived his "endgame" concept. We'd all rather see him in his final incarnation than the whiney, coksure snob he is now.
  • Options
    I can't wait for Thrawn

He needs foresight or even grant squad foresight
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn, Bendu, and Wedge all coming to Rebels this season and old hermit benny boy was teased in 3-2. This season is starting off strong. Reminds me of the bounty hunter season that took Clone Wars to the next level. I would absolutely love to see Thrawn in this game. A-list Meta-breaking material. I'm sure the Devs want to push him too. The only downside I see is that they'd have to push all Rebels material, which they seem reluctant to do until this show gains the acceptance among fans that Clone Wars eventually did. Ezra's really the one stopping it. His character is the only one that still hasn't acheived his "endgame" concept. We'd all rather see him in his final incarnation than the whiney, coksure snob he is now.

With season 1 out of the way I think Rebels has been pretty well received. Season 2 was great and 3 is off to a strong start. As with Clone Wars, the show improved dramatically over time.

And yes, in addition to presenting a character that would be both popular and hopefully meta-shaking, I'd hoped to nudge some more Rebels content into the dev's minds.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    +1 excellent build, will address the speed meta and greatly represents Thrawns character. Adding Rebel debuffs would also be a plus.
  • Options
    If you look at swgoh gg you can see that there are some characters from rebels in there. Hoping they capitalise on them
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I saw the Rebels characters listed on swgohgg, they've been there for a long time. Here's hoping they actually get added at some point.

Also, updated the attack abilities based on feedback on Reddit, now includes different effects for +/-50 TM so theres more decisions to make.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »

With season 1 out of the way I think Rebels has been pretty well received. Season 2 was great and 3 is off to a strong start. As with Clone Wars, the show improved dramatically over time.

And yes, in addition to presenting a character that would be both popular and hopefully meta-shaking, I'd hoped to nudge some more Rebels content into the dev's minds.

While I enjoyed most of the first half of Rebels season 2 and 99% of the finale, the rest of the second half was very slow and focused perhaps too much on backstory and obscure setup. I thought a lot of season 2 was bogged down by the creators, mainly Filoni, pushing to satisfy unfinished clone wars stories. As much as I love Ahsoka and respect Rex, they simply don't belong. Even Maul one of my favorite characters of all seems forced. I'm pleased his role is more subtle and to the point, and will be overshadowed by Thrawn's presence.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    I can see a different unique for Thrawn called Tactical Retreat in which there is a small chance that x% of damage done to an ally is negated and refunded (similar to a dodge). Given his strategic knowledge that would make the most sense. Love the rest of the build!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    I can see a different unique for Thrawn called Tactical Retreat in which there is a small chance that x% of damage done to an ally is negated and refunded (similar to a dodge). Given his strategic knowledge that would make the most sense. Love the rest of the build!

I did want to have something defensive, and the auto-foresight may be too strong. Honestly I'm still trying to think of the best setup for the unique. I like the idea of getting foresight in their somehow, although some sort of damage reduction could be interesting.

Maybe X% of damage taken is redirected to the highest HP ally?