I just bought a new android smartphone... And lost my account.

StarHug
20 posts Member
edited October 2016
Dear space fella's,

Recently I've bought a new android device: the OP3. I had three games running on my former and actual smartphone: MKX, FFBE and swgoh. MKX saves your progress to WBPlay. FFBE saves your progress to your Facebook account. Everything works perfectly for these two games.

I've installed swgoh, which is the only game I spend real money on, and the game NEVER asked me to tie/link swgoh to google play (games).

I did not spend hundreds of € and haven't been playing for 11 months to realize EA did not include a simple "CONNECT TO GOOGLE PLAY" button.

Players are the core of the game. Help me. Please.

Star Hugs

ps: The first person asking me if I forgot to install Google play before swgoh will get shot by Han.

Replies

• Options
    Do you have the old phone there should be a link in the options
  • StarHug
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi, a link to what? I forgot to say that I don't got the button to connect to my facebook account either

• Options
    Don know about You, but when I click settings button in top left corner I have sign out of Google play - as I'm logged in, but there is also Facebook Connect. You can try both options on your old phone.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya fellow space fella!
    When starting on a new Android device you have to first go through the tutorial. After completing the tutorial there will be an option in Settings (Cogwheel icon on the top left corner of the screen) -> Sign in to Google Play. The progress for SWGOH is stored on the Google Play account, not on Facebook. Hope this clears up any confusion!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Unfortunately no, I don't have sign in to Google play button either
  • Options
    I have the problem of not having a "sign in to google play button" too. I made a thread trying to get some answers.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/71985/lost-account-on-android-no-google-play-login-option/p1?new=1

Share your woes in my thread to make it a noteworthy issue.
  • Options
    I will, thanks
  • Options
    Ok guys, problem solved by myself after two weeks of research.

I did a factory reset of my new phone (by deleting everything, cache, data and refusing the phone to reinstall my old apps).

I installed Google play Games first. Installed Swgoh second. It connected my swogh to my Google account. Then, what happened?

When I received my new smartphone, I installed swgoh first. It linked swogh to my ANDROID ID.
    When I installed Google play games to get my backup, it was too late. No way to retrieve my saved data.

I've learned about ANDROID ID after days of research on the internet. And even if I fixed my problem I'm still disapointed. Why didn't EA offered me this simple solution?

I'm no technician and I figured this out just by searching.