Final raid ranking when scoring 0 points

Anyone know how the raid rankings are determined when multiple people score 0 points? Just curious as it seems totally random.

Replies

• Options
    I believe it's in the order that members entered the battle. If you went before another member who scored zippo, you would outrank them.
  • Options
    Looks to be based on when you score your 0 and register on the leaderboard. So if I get on the board with 0 then 3 people come after me, those three will be respectively 1, 2, 3 above me.
  • Options
    Nope - our guild investigated this as we have a lot of raids where people score 0.

It is consistently the same rankings of players irrespective of when or how they took part in the raid.

Instead, it appears to be linked to the player ID code (the long one with letters and numbers not the ally code). If you start or end with a low letter then you will ALWAYS finish high. My code starts with a 't' so I always finish 4-5 ranks off the bottom (above the poor guys who always finish last with their 'u'. 'y' and 'z' starting letters).
  • ARO
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Mine starts with a 'y' and I have been wondering why I always finish last... So now I know.
  • Options
    I always seem to be at the top. I wondered why... My number ends in A. How lucky could I get?
  • Options
    Where can we see this code?
  • Options
    Sarryen wrote: »
    Nope - our guild investigated this as we have a lot of raids where people score 0.

It is consistently the same rankings of players irrespective of when or how they took part in the raid.

Instead, it appears to be linked to the player ID code (the long one with letters and numbers not the ally code). If you start or end with a low letter then you will ALWAYS finish high. My code starts with a 't' so I always finish 4-5 ranks off the bottom (above the poor guys who always finish last with their 'u'. 'y' and 'z' starting letters).

Glad to know why - I'd been seeing this same behavior but could not figure out what the determining factor was
    942-122-371
  • Options
    my code starts with a number, but ends in a "g" and I'm usually right around top 1/3 so that makes sense. thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    I was wondering about this to Obi. Thanks for the post.
  • Options
    @Sarryen

A couple more questions if you don't mind...

1. what if people start and end with a letter? which letter takes precedence?
    2. is it possible that it's always based on the first digit of the code regardless of whether it's a letter or number?

thanks again for the insight and sharing your findings
  • Options
    @Mojavelandbaron

click the little gear icon on the main screen. for iOS it's in the top left corner. not sure for android.
  • Options
    @obijakekenobi - i think it is the first letter / digit that matters (although I can't remember the details when we discussed them in the guild and checked everyone's codes). We thought it was the last letter for a while but it seems more likely to be the first - we didn't find any of our guild that didn't follow that pattern (but of course that doesn't mean it is always true)

I suspect numbers come before letters, but again I can't remember what we found as it was a while ago when we worked it out.
  • Options
    @Sarryen

I think you're right. It seems to be based solely on the first digit. 1 being the best, z being the worst. I'm an 8 so still makes sense to be around top 1/4 or 1/3.

We've got a guy who starts with a "3" and he's always near the top and a guy with a "y" that's always near the bottom.
  • Options
    Yep - I think that's probably it.

It does make me wonder how much else in the game is linked to the player ID code. This could be a very convenient explanation for why people report wildly different RNG experiences or periods of always drawing certain raid gear etc (if the RNG seed is linked to the player ID then this could explain it).
  • Options
    exactly. if you notice in the guild daily activity rankings, ties are ordered in the same way (our guy with the y said he always displays last haha) so I'm sure it is used all over the place.
  • Options
    Thanks for the decryption! Mine starts with 1. There's only one guy who ties above me.
    Guild: OuterRimJob
    Ally code: 339-952-973
  • Options
    Good find, guys! totally makes sense, fits our guild as well...
  • Options
    @Mojavelandbaron

click the little gear icon on the main screen. for iOS it's in the top left corner. not sure for android.
    Thanks Obi. Found it.
  • Options
    Sweet, 1, not that I plan on scoring 0. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    Wrath a lot of guilds add in a 0 damage buffer for at least 6-8 hours to give all members a chance to get on the board. That way if they miss the raid they still get prizes.

When your in a Higher level guild where 15 peeps can solo most of the raid it goes fast when the real dps starts.