Thermal detonators

I'm assuming that when thermal detonators explode their amount of damage is equaled to the damage of the toon that assigned them. Agree/disagree? And if so, do they also have the same chance to do critical damage as assigned to the toon that placed them? So let's say JE places a detonators and he has high critical damage and chance, is their a high chance that the thermal will detonate doing critical damage at his rate? Basically, is there any reason to increase JE's critical damage and chances?

Replies

• Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ZRaider wrote: »
    I'm assuming that when thermal detonators explode their amount of damage is equaled to the damage of the toon that assigned them. Agree/disagree? And if so, do they also have the same chance to do critical damage as assigned to the toon that placed them? So let's say JE places a detonators and he has high critical damage and chance, is their a high chance that the thermal will detonate doing critical damage at his rate? Basically, is there any reason to increase JE's critical damage and chances?

Also what if someone like Zam or Scavenger detonate them? Does it go based off of their Crit damage/chance or the original character putting the Thermal Detonator ?
  • Options
    I am also curious of this
  • Options
    I read somewhere that all thermal detonators have a 25% chance of crit and 150% crit damage. Can't confirm this, but saw it in a Zam thread somewhere
  • Warrior_TI
    99 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Good question
    Post edited by Warrior_TI on
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • Options
    All thermal Bombs do a percentage of enemy health, With armor calculation included, and deal physical damage, And are completely uneffected by Offense, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, and all bombs deal a different percentage and have damage variance. Bombs have 150% Crit Damage and 20% or 25% Crit chance. Zam and JS just make the bomb timer 0, and don't effect them at all.
  • ZRaider
    42 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If I'm understanding this correctly, the more health an opponent has the more damage they do. Is that based upon the opponent's max health or their health remaining on the meter?

Wouldn't the strength of them have to be based upon the toon throwing them though? Why else would JE's omega increase the damage by 20%.

Plus they have a 20% or 25% of critical damage at 150%, no matter the stats on the person throwing them.

And thanks for the replies!
  • Options
    ZRaider wrote: »
    If I'm understanding this correctly, the more health an opponent has the more damage they do. Is that based upon the opponent's max health or their health remaining on the meter?

Wouldn't the strength of them have to be based upon the toon throwing them though? Why else would JE's omega increase the damage by 20%.

Plus they have a 20% or 25% of critical damage at 150%, no matter the stats on the person throwing them.

And thanks for the replies!
    1. Max Health
    2. Yes, based on who throws them, that upgrade Increases max health damage
    3. True

• Options
    And is it physical or special damage? Seems to me like it should be physical damage but I believe JE has several special damage gear pieces, so it makes me question that.
  • Ben_kenobi
    447 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    And is it physical or special damage? Seems to me like it should be physical damage but I believe JE has several special damage gear pieces, so it makes me question that.

They are definitely physical, a lot of toons have gear that don't help them at all.

Edit: like Lando and his potency.
  • Options
    Ben_kenobi wrote: »

They are definitely physical, a lot of toons have gear that don't help them at all.

Edit: like Lando and his potency.

Physical damage from toons doesn't help them at all. Lando can use Potency when IG88 is leader.
  • Options
    Given new raid and jaws I thought rezzing this thread might help some because I'm still confused on the criteria dmg% and critical chance% from what I've seen on je/js/greedo I'm inclined to think it's not related to mods/gear. Any definitive answer welcomed.
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Given new raid and jaws I thought rezzing this thread might help some because I'm still confused on the criteria dmg% and critical chance% from what I've seen on je/js/greedo I'm inclined to think it's not related to mods/gear. Any definitive answer welcomed.
    Crit chance and Crit Damage does not effect Bombs

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Some bombs critical and some don't... I'm curious as too weather it's same for all bombs across board? Or if greed bombs differ from Jawa bombs or zam bombs etc... and where theinfo is coming from.
  • Options
    Some bombs critical and some don't... I'm curious as too weather it's same for all bombs across board? Or if greed bombs differ from Jawa bombs or zam bombs etc... and where theinfo is coming from.
    All bombs have 150% Crit Damage but we are not sure about Crit chance, I believe it is about 20%
  • Options
    Ok, sometimes with nebit/je/js/jawa/greedo I will get like 5+ stacked on a single target in a single round and they go off together...

Sometimes I see one critical number that's really high 25k+ and sometimes under same circumstances I see multiple numbers from multiple bombs that are non-crits and crits...
    (all applied in same turn on enemy)

• Options
    Ok, sometimes with nebit/je/js/jawa/greedo I will get like 5+ stacked on a single target in a single round and they go off together...

Sometimes I see one critical number that's really high 25k+ and sometimes under same circumstances I see multiple numbers from multiple bombs that are non-crits and crits...
    (all applied in same turn on enemy)
    Bombs thrown by different guys are different
  • Options
    And back to 5 bombs stacked from greedo/js/je in same turn on same enemy going off together and only one # poping... I don't fully understand why it's one # sometimes and other times it's multiple #'s
  • Options
    And back to 5 bombs stacked from greedo/js/je in same turn on same enemy going off together and only one # poping... I don't fully understand why it's one # sometimes and other times it's multiple #'s

That's because he the first in to go off killed him so there is no reason for the others to go off, that or that have different blow up times

• Options
    Wouldn't mind seeing an inherent "Chain-Reaction" effect on all Thermals.

• Options
    Warrior_TI wrote: »
    Good question
    This may sound funny but i think you are the same guy that ALWAYS finishes 1st in my shard
    where is darth jar jar?