Character creation - The Droideka.

Wholf
485 posts Member
edited October 2016
So I ran into the Droideka build I was working on, rather than piggyback someone else's thread I'm posting it here, again. I won't be altering this in anyway or keeping up with feedback, this will also be the last creative post I bother with. It's more a 'I've done it so why waste it.' Kinda thing.

Droideka:

Basic stats:
Health - 10,000
Protection - 30000
Speed: 110

Blaster barrage: Droideka fires both blasters at the selected target. Deals 3000 damage.

Shield generator: droideka powers his shield, granting him taunt and an extra 50% max protection for 4 turns. He then regenerates 25% protection and reapplies taunt each turn after the first. Blaster barrage now applies offence down.
4 turn cooldown.

Blaster booster: Droideka fuels all power cells into his weapons. This lowers his maximum protection by 50%.
Whilst this is active blaster barrage becomes an aoe attack and deals 100% extra damage, it also has a 50% chance to apply defence down. This lasts 4 turns. 4 turn cooldown.

Power redirection (passive): Droideka gains different effects depending on where he directs his power cells. When Droideka uses shield generator or blaster booster he gains 100% turn meter. However, Droideka can only have one stance active at a time. If one is used whilst the other is in effect, the benefits will change, but Droideka will not gain turn meter and will inflict speed down on himself.
In addition: whilst shield generator is active, turn meter removal is 80% less effective on Droideka.
Whilst blaster booster is active, all external turn meter gain is reduced by 50%. (Any turn meter gained by other characters abilities, whether active or passive. HK47's leader for example.)

That's basically the blueprint I was aiming for with the Droideka. Trying to match the feel of how powerful they are in both offence and defence. Yet giving him juxtaposed weaknesses to keep things balanced. No one likes playing against a character that has everything at once.

Key notes:
Abilities technically last 3 turns. As the first passes as soon as a stance is entered thanks to his passive.
His total health pool is actually average for a tank, he just has a different health:protection ratio. This enables him to manipulate it either way and thus enter an effective tank mode, or a squishy, high damage threat.
The passive was designed in a way to prevent stance abuse and make you think a few turns ahead. You can't suddenly enter tank mode at any time and instantly gain protection for example. If you try that, you will have to wait an extended turn before you will regenerate any protection, coupled with the fact you would taunt, You may be better off attacking one last time before dying. It's in your hands.
Post edited by Wholf on